Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Grabovski takes a bite out of Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Reaching around someones face and not letting go of the opponents ear loop, is not face washing. Especially from behind.

We don't know he was being suffocated either.

As previously stated, it was a bitch move by both players, with the edge to Grabo.
    This exactly. No one should be biting another player in hockey, but anyone that says it was a regular ol facewash is super blind.

I thought it was funny that Gorges complained about the bite after the game, but to him the face-molestation Grabo took is totally fine. I would go mental if someone did that to me.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Reaching around someones face and not letting go of the opponents ear loop, is not face washing. Especially from behind.

We don't know he was being suffocated either.

As previously stated, it was a bitch move by both players, with the edge to Grabo.
    that's probably the best way to put it, I can agree with that Guru

you folks trying to justify it by comparing it to rape and suffocation and **** knows what else are just insane...or Leafs fans with opaque blue glasses, same thing

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Puppage View Post
    Chill. Out. The boards are getting ridiculous with all these back and forth internet tough guy rants. C'mon, post your (not just Mcgoo) opinions with some objectivity and class here people. If you disagree with someone don't make it personal. Yeesh.
    To be fair to McGoo, Godin was unecessarily antagonizing with his difference of opinion. McGoof? come on, we've all been here a while and its just unecessary.

Max shouldn't have put his arm in Grabs face. Grabs arms were tied up. Grabs (if he did bite him) shouldn't have done it. I can understand a natural reaction to such a thing though. In a melee like that one thing happens and bombards you and you would probably freak out a bit if it happened to you.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

grabo shouldnt have bit him, plain and simple. we dont need that in hockey.

HOWEVER,

i dont blame him at all. if maxpac did that to me, and his arm was in my mouth, he's getting bit. and i know 99% of us would have done the same if we were put in the same situation.

both players are at fault. i dont think a suspension should be warranted, perhaps one game just because it was a bite and the league wants to send a message.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    To be fair to McGoo, Godin was unecessarily antagonizing with his difference of opinion. McGoof? come on, we've all been here a while and its just unecessary.

Max shouldn't have put his arm in Grabs face. Grabs arms were tied up. Grabs (if he did bite him) shouldn't have done it. I can understand a natural reaction to such a thing though. In a melee like that one thing happens and bombards you and you would probably freak out a bit if it happened to you.
    Mcgoo is quick to call people 'dipshit', 'retarted' and other names that he has ***out, so yeah, I think a lot of people on here are fed up with his retorts. There is no need for it and he should show some respect if he is disputing someones opinion or if he can't help himself, then move on and don't reply at all. I think Pupage would agree.
    Last edited by Godin; February 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

2 things I have learned from this thread ...

1) Grabovski obviously doesn't wear a mouth guard

2) Canadien and Leaf fans don't play well with each other in the sandbox

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    that's probably the best way to put it, I can agree with that Guru

you folks trying to justify it by comparing it to rape and suffocation and **** knows what else are just insane...or Leafs fans with opaque blue glasses, same thing
    As opposed to your clearly Hab-centric bias???

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Mcgoo is quick to call people 'dipshit', 'retarted' and other names that he has ***out, so yeah, I think a lot of people on here are fed up with his retorts. There is no need for it and he should show some respect if he is disputing someones opinion or if he can't help himself, then move on and don't reply at all. I think Pupage would agree.
    yea I don't know. I've always had a good report with Mister McGoo, I guess i've never noticed or seen those things you speak of.

The things McGoo said about Grabovski aren't out of line. you disagree, that's great. It seem to me to came first with the Mcgoof comment and then things spiraled.

Really though, I'm not on anyone's side, just observations.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Banned

Mcgoo is quick to call people 'dipshit', 'retarted' and other names that he has ***out, so yeah, I think a lot of people on here are fed up with his retorts. There is no need for it and he should show some respect if he is disputing someones opinion or if he can't help himself, then move on and don't reply at all.
    I didn't call you anything, you started with the name calling so bite me ok? (lmao, see what I did there guys?)
    As far as respect goes, it is something you earn, it is not something that should be handed out for free. If you behave like a jackass then I'll treat you like one, its just that simple. All we've got from you is a senseless argument you were unable to defend and name calling, you get zero respect for that dude, sorry but no

I think Pupage would agree.
    That's your alter-ego account huh? Good to know there skippy, thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; February 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
    As opposed to your clearly Hab-centric bias???
    ok go ahead, I challenge you... find the quote from me in this thread where I support MaxPac's actions in the slightest, because as usual you're so full of it you'll have nothing to retort with. But go ahead and try, this will be funny.

I don't think its acceptable for one player to bite another...EVER. Its a bitch move anyway you choose to slice it and even if you don't care about fighting with honor it is extremely dangerous from a health perspective and simply cannot be permitted by the league. That has got nothing to do with specific teams or players or any of that nonsense. Geesh, next we'll see Phaneuf stomping on someone's leg a la Chris Pronger and you'll tell us that's justified too right?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    ok go ahead, I challenge you... find the quote from me in this thread where I support MaxPac's actions in the slightest, because as usual you're so full of it you'll have nothing to retort with. But go ahead and try, this will be funny.

I don't think its acceptable for one player to bite another...EVER. Its a bitch move anyway you choose to slice it and even if you don't care about fighting with honor it is extremely dangerous from a health perspective and simply cannot be permitted by the league. That has got nothing to do with specific teams or players or any of that nonsense. Geesh, next we'll see Phaneuf stomping on someone's leg a la Chris Pronger and you'll tell us that's justified too right?
    Dude no offense because oyu make some great points, but just breathe. Take some medication. You're angry in every thread. Let's allllll just take it easy. Shhhh now. Everything will be OK.
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gfhyde View Post
    Dude no offense because oyu make some great points, but just breathe. Take some medication. You're angry in every thread. Let's allllll just take it easy. Shhhh now. Everything will be OK.
    haha, no i'm not angry dude...passionate, but not angry

unless you've got some good drugs? then **** yeah, I'm pissed, hook me up hyde

Dobber Sports Icon

I know I'm going to get ripped for Habs bias here, but here are my thoughts.

"Facewashes" happen like 10 times per game, hundreds of times per week, in the NHL. But how often do you hear of biting incidents?

Sure you'll say there is a difference here because it was bare arm in the mouth, but even then, there is always an alternative to biting (jerking your head away, trying to close your mouth, etc.).

Biting is a really cowardly move, no matter which way you slice it. I was stunned at Dobber's tweet. Really Dobber? If my hand/arm is in your mouth during a hockey scrum, your immediate reaction is to bite? Geez...

I thought Burrows' bite in the Cup Final two years ago was a cowardly act. I think this bite by Grabovski, if it did happen, is a cowardly act. Someone's hand in your face does not justify it. You live with the facewash or you return the favor with a return facewash, or challenging the guy to a fight, or you just get the hell outta there as soon as you can (and maybe if you're a small player / non-fighter, you make sure the tough guy on your team noticed what happened and seeks payback). You never, ever bite.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed613 View Post
    What a fun game to watch. Here is what seemed obvious to me:

1. Prust started stirring things up, and got punked for his efforts. He was the root of all the beatings that his punk teammates took.
    2. Plekanec thought it wise to hack a goon, and somehow people are shocked and dismayed by the fact that Orr took a big run at him. Then, instead of backing up his stickwork, his teammates try to get in Orr's face, and they get punked. If you try to use your stick against a goon, OF COURSE you're going to have to answer for it at some point.
    3. Gorges (the only non-punk Hab, who actually showed some ballz) got manhandled, and laughed at, by McLaren (who really could have hurt Gorges if he wanted to, but clearly was not trying in that scrap).
    4. Pacioretty suddenly becomes a tough guy, engages Grabovski from behind and wrenches his neck (yes, the same Pacioretty who almost got his neck severed by the Chara/turnbuckle incident), and Grabovski bites him - even more cowardly than what Pacioretty did.

Bottom line: Grabovski should get 5 games for biting, you just don't do that! If you're in a street fight, and your life is at risk, then sure, you do whatever it takes. His life was not in danger, and whether reflex or not, the bite deserves a suspension. Those suggesting Pacioretty should have a disciplinary hearing for his cowardly act need to give their head a shake - that stuff happens all the time, artificial tough guys trying to attack from behind instead of going toe-to-toe. Karma is a female dog, and there's another turnbuckle in Pacioretty's future.

Habs interviews after the game were hilarious, but the reaction from their fans was even more of a joke. Punks jump up to get beat down, and that's exactly what happened last night. Habs stirred it up, and got punked. Get over it Habs fans, if the team you cheer for tries to play like they are tough, they will get punked, because they can't scrap and should have taken last night's beating like men, instead of little punks.

You're suggesting that Pacioretty is not "tough"? He's tough as nails, dude. You have no clue.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    You're suggesting that Pacioretty is not "tough"? He's tough as nails, dude. You have no clue.
    I'd have to agree with that. He came back from an emergency appendectomy in 7 days. That's nuts. This isn't a tickle fight, it's the NHL.
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom