Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Grabovski takes a bite out of Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    My two cents to this......I like the nickname Grabiteski much more than Biteo
    Great stuff, +1

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    because ****wit, you can't justify biting someone on the ice no matter what they do to you or what idiotic flawed logic you try to apply to the situation.
    What if you're on the ice and some evil scientist says you have to bite someone or he'll blow up the Earth with his doomsday device? I think that is a legitimate reason to bite someone.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    What if you're on the ice and some evil scientist says you have to bite someone or he'll blow up the Earth with his doomsday device? I think that is a legitimate reason to bite someone.
    I can't really fault your reasoning as this is the exact argument the US government made in defense of using torture on captives. Let's face it, if a democratic nation can use that logic to say waterboarding is okay then who am I to call it trumped up and falacious?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Pro

Bitoffski...

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Master

This story would have been sooooo much better if Grabo played in San Jose.

Headline:
    Canadien bitten by Shark!

That's front page-worthy, and not just in Montreal.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports All-Star

because ****wit, you can't justify biting someone on the ice no matter what they do to you or what idiotic flawed logic you try to apply to the situation. Facewashing has a long tradition in the NHL, biting your opponent does not.

And since you are clearly a little slow on the analogies let me spell it out for you:

biting a guy in a scrap is the equivalent to kicking a guy in the balls (skates optional), its a bitch move and there is no justification for it at all, be a man not a bitch

the correct move for Grabby was to turn around and punch Patches in the chops for the facewash...it is simple, it's easy, and gets the point across immediately
    First of all mcgoof, if he turned around and punched him in the chops, he would of got a penalty and risked injuring his hand and Max would get the reaction he was looking for. This way, no penalty, no injury and Max will stop acting like a girl and keep his forearm to himself. If you're going to face wash someone, don't do it from behind like a coward. Simple.

And for the record, I would kick someone in the nuts but wouldn't bite. Unless of course someone had their arm in my mouth.

Dobber Sports Pro

that game was embarrassing, especially on home ice, and against Toronto

I think one of the things the Habs have done much better this year is to keep games close (lotsa 2-1 and 3-2 types wins for them this year), the only other really bad game they had was against OTT. But this was a real stinker.
    That is exactly why they should have let this go an put this game as far behind them as they could. Worst game of the year by far for a group that was exceeding expectations.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Funny how certain kinds of thuggery are acceptable and honourable in this game, but others aren't. Not many would disagree that biting usually crosses a line, but in this case....no way.

Grabovski was trying to engage with Prust. Pacioretty grabs him from behind and covers his nose and mouth from behind, with his barehand. Sorry McGoo, but that doesn't count as a "facewash". The "facewash" requires a sweaty hockey glove. All Patches did was cut off Grabovski's airway, and it certainly didn't look like he grabbed him lightly either.

If you're going to cut off a man's ability to draw a breath, especially from behind while he's engaging another player, you're just asking to get bit. If you choose to act dishonourably, expect the same in return. Cutting off an airway like that is totally over the line.

And as I said before, I'm disappointed that I haven't seen a Leafs' player make this point in the media. And to date, I haven't seen anyone call Pacioretty out for his decision to use his bare hand to cover someone's nose and mouth.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post

And for the record, I would kick someone in the nuts but wouldn't bite. Unless of course someone had their arm in my mouth.
    well I had you pegged as a little bitch from that first comment, but this confirms it...if you ever decide to become a man rather than of a 10-year old girl you be sure to let us know m'k?

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post

First of all mcgoof, if he turned around and punched him in the chops, he would of got a penalty and risked injuring his hand and Max would get the reaction he was looking for. This way, no penalty, no injury and Max will stop acting like a girl and keep his forearm to himself. If you're going to face wash someone, don't do it from behind like a coward. Simple.
    so lemme get this straight, because your logic is so ****ed up I really need to clarify here...
    you're worried about Grabs taking a roughing penalty with his team up 5-0 halfway thru the 3rd and that's how you justify him biting his opponent? (nevermind the fact that he got a roughing penalty on the play anyway, so who cares?)

did you even watch this game? because my impression is that you did not and you're just talking your bullshit as usual

I don't agree with what Max did either, but in a scrum like that there's always going to be pushing, shoving and wrestling, but most NHL players have grown up more than you to the point where they recognize that biting is not an acceptable reaction in that situation. Call Max a bitch for the facewash, but if Grabs really did bit him he's the ultimate bitch, there's no acceptable reason for that, you should know better than that you clown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Funny how certain kinds of thuggery are acceptable and honourable in this game, but others aren't. Not many would disagree that biting usually crosses a line, but in this case....no way.

Grabovski was trying to engage with Prust. Pacioretty grabs him from behind and covers his nose and mouth from behind, with his barehand. Sorry McGoo, but that doesn't count as a "facewash". The "facewash" requires a sweaty hockey glove. All Patches did was cut off Grabovski's airway, and it certainly didn't look like he grabbed him lightly either.

If you're going to cut off a man's ability to draw a breath, especially from behind while he's engaging another player, you're just asking to get bit. If you choose to act dishonourably, expect the same in return. Cutting off an airway like that is totally over the line.

And as I said before, I'm disappointed that I haven't seen a Leafs' player make this point in the media. And to date, I haven't seen anyone call Pacioretty out for his decision to use his bare hand to cover someone's nose and mouth.
    so you're gonna argue that based off the footage that we've had so far on this that Max was intentionally trying to smother him? give your ****ing head a shake man, it lasted all of 3 secs, you don't suffocate in 3 secs, that's absurd. It was a classless thing for Pacioretty to do in that situation, he kinda wrenches Grabs head around, that's a douche move I agree, but you don't freakin bite a guy for that, c'mon get a grip

Dobber Sports Initiate

so you're gonna argue that based off the footage that we've had so far on this that Max was intentionally trying to smother him? give your ****ing head a shake man, it lasted all of 3 secs, you don't suffocate in 3 secs, that's absurd. It was a classless thing for Pacioretty to do in that situation, he kinda wrenches Grabs head around, that's a douche move I agree, but you don't freakin bite a guy for that, c'mon get a grip
    I never said it was intentional. It doesn't have to be. If he couldn't breathe, that's enough. And that is certainly how it appears in the footage. And the duration is irrelevant. Perhaps it only lasted "3 secs" because of Grabovsky's reaction. At the end of the day, suffocation will awaken a fight or flight response. Calling Grabovsky a "bitch" is overly harsh and completely glosses over the situation he was in. Perhaps biting was an overreaction, but the circumstances he was in call for a little more understanding. Bottom line is, stopping someone's ability to breathe is going to lead to an extreme reaction. That's foreseeable, so Patches has no reason to complain about it.

Incidentally, I think both of them acted ridiculously. I just don't think it's fair to call Grab a "bitch" or a coward.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What a fun game to watch. Here is what seemed obvious to me:

1. Prust started stirring things up, and got punked for his efforts. He was the root of all the beatings that his punk teammates took.
    2. Plekanec thought it wise to hack a goon, and somehow people are shocked and dismayed by the fact that Orr took a big run at him. Then, instead of backing up his stickwork, his teammates try to get in Orr's face, and they get punked. If you try to use your stick against a goon, OF COURSE you're going to have to answer for it at some point.
    3. Gorges (the only non-punk Hab, who actually showed some ballz) got manhandled, and laughed at, by McLaren (who really could have hurt Gorges if he wanted to, but clearly was not trying in that scrap).
    4. Pacioretty suddenly becomes a tough guy, engages Grabovski from behind and wrenches his neck (yes, the same Pacioretty who almost got his neck severed by the Chara/turnbuckle incident), and Grabovski bites him - even more cowardly than what Pacioretty did.

Bottom line: Grabovski should get 5 games for biting, you just don't do that! If you're in a street fight, and your life is at risk, then sure, you do whatever it takes. His life was not in danger, and whether reflex or not, the bite deserves a suspension. Those suggesting Pacioretty should have a disciplinary hearing for his cowardly act need to give their head a shake - that stuff happens all the time, artificial tough guys trying to attack from behind instead of going toe-to-toe. Karma is a female dog, and there's another turnbuckle in Pacioretty's future.

Habs interviews after the game were hilarious, but the reaction from their fans was even more of a joke. Punks jump up to get beat down, and that's exactly what happened last night. Habs stirred it up, and got punked. Get over it Habs fans, if the team you cheer for tries to play like they are tough, they will get punked, because they can't scrap and should have taken last night's beating like men, instead of little punks.
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week
    8 Skater Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,HIT,BS,FOW) and 3 Goalie Cats (W,GAA,SV%)

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

2013-14: 1st place reg. season, 3rd in Playoffs
    C - Giroux, Getzlaf, Kadri, Gagner
    LW - Kunitz, JVR, Schenn (C/LW), Girgensons (C/LW)
    RW - Carter (C/LW/RW), Hossa, Pominville, Perron (LW/RW)
    D - Doughty, Josi, Edler, Cowen, Gorges
    G - Andersen, Halak

The Great One

Reaching around someones face and not letting go of the opponents ear loop, is not face washing. Especially from behind.

We don't know he was being suffocated either.

As previously stated, it was a bitch move by both players, with the edge to Grabo.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Smile Grabo

Maybe Grabovski missed the team meal.
    Either way it is nice to see the Leafs take a bite out of crime.
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Prodigy

well I had you pegged as a little bitch from that first comment, but this confirms it...if you ever decide to become a man rather than of a 10-year old girl you be sure to let us know m'k?

so lemme get this straight, because your logic is so ****ed up I really need to clarify here...
    you're worried about Grabs taking a roughing penalty with his team up 5-0 halfway thru the 3rd and that's how you justify him biting his opponent? (nevermind the fact that he got a roughing penalty on the play anyway, so who cares?)

did you even watch this game? because my impression is that you did not and you're just talking your bullshit as usual

I don't agree with what Max did either, but in a scrum like that there's always going to be pushing, shoving and wrestling, but most NHL players have grown up more than you to the point where they recognize that biting is not an acceptable reaction in that situation. Call Max a bitch for the facewash, but if Grabs really did bit him he's the ultimate bitch, there's no acceptable reason for that, you should know better than that you clown
    Chill. Out. The boards are getting ridiculous with all these back and forth internet tough guy rants. C'mon, post your (not just Mcgoo) opinions with some objectivity and class here people. If you disagree with someone don't make it personal. Yeesh.
    8 team keeper league (keep 5)
    Standard Yahoo scoring format: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, S, PIM, BLK, W/L, SV, -GA, SO

Forwards:
    Malkin, Benn, Eichel, Kucherov, Draisaitl, Schwartz, Marchessault, R.Smith, Hornqvist, Voracek, Atkinson, Lee, T. Johnson

Defensemen:
    Letang, S. Jones, Krug, Sergachev, McDonagh, Dumba

Goalies:
    Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Rask

Farm:
    Keller, Puljujarvi