Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Grabovski takes a bite out of Pacioretty

Banned

you couldn't see anything from the replays I saw so it is inconclusive at this point but if he really did bite him that's some *******-assed bullshit and he should be heavily suspended. You can't have athletes biting one another you can get freakin hepatitis or HIV from that, not cool.

terrible game for the Habs though, just awful

Dobber Sports Pro

Rotoworld:

Mikhail Grabovski - C - Maple Leafs
    Mikhail Grabovski is facing an afternoon hearing with the NHL's department of player safety following his biting incident in last night's contest.
    Grabovski will have a 4pm NHL disciplinary hearing with Brendan Shanahan and is looking at a possible one-game suspension.
    Source: Nick Kypreos on Twitter Feb 10 - 10:45 AM

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Pro

How many times does this type of incident have to happen before rational people realize that a person who is struggling to breathe might have a biting motion.

Re:Orr, he had that late hit attempt on a small player to send a message. Everyone is fair game so back off.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    pacioretty had his hand / wrist over grabo's face for a long time .

not sayin biting is cool , but if that was the only way to get his hand off his face , well.....
    Agreed. WHAT is the point of putting your hand on someones face from behind other then to piss them off. I say THAT is cowardly and not the bite. Do that from in front of someone and at least they can pop you. Do it from behind like a coward, and all he could do is bite.

Dobber Sports Star

Missed the game last night, and just watching Josh Georges sucky response - saying how that Grabo should "be a man" and "get in there"

After seeing the replays, I was pretty sure he came to the defence of his team mate and was "getting in there" straight up UNTIL Max Power rakes him from behind and tries to rip his face off. Whos the coward???

I like Georges, but he looked ridiculous trying to point out the bite and ignoring what led up to it, as if Grabo was running around like Jaws from James Bond.

Now the Orr on Pleks and Gionta - not a big fan of that
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Ninja

Reading some comments on Yahoo Sports and came across this beauty from user Max Zorin:

"Now they'll have to shoot Pacioretty in the brain so he doesn't turn into a walker. Damn you zombie Grabovski!"

OMFG that's funny! As for a hearing for Grabovski, if he tells the truth, he gets suspended, if he says nothing, how can you suspend him with very little evidence of an actual bite? Maybe the teeth marks, if they were properly photographed, etc, but somehow it's okay for Pacioretty to basically smother Grabovski from behind when he is already engaged with another Habs player? People are funny sometimes. Pacioretty got what he deserved and he can have a scrap with Grabovski the next time these two teams meet and then they can go out for a pop after the game. Old time hockey (you know, the kind with stick swinging and bench clearing brawls, ah the good old days).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

The NHL needs to use the 'unsportsmanlike' penalty way more than they do. Nevermind calling it when a player shoots the puck down the ice after a whistle, ooh so bad, how about when a guy puts his hand over someones face from behind? At least it wil avoid the biting.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    The NHL needs to use the 'unsportsmanlike' penalty way more than they do. Nevermind calling it when a player shoots the puck down the ice after a whistle, ooh so bad, how about when a guy puts his hand over someones face from behind? At least it wil avoid the biting.
    Exactly. Same with facewashing. Anytime a player puts his glove in another players face, he's not exactly playing the puck! The rule "unsportsmanlike conduct" is so broad, I don't know why they don't call that more often...oh wait, the refs weren't "instructed" to make more of those calls this year. Only hand on the puck and bogus one handed hooking penalties...Stupid NHL

Dobber Sports Guru

Pacioretty should have let Grabo go after Prust, I'm sure Prust would have handled him just fine.

You can't grab someone's face from behind and then complain about getting your hand bit, Grabo probably couldn't breath.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Exactly. Same with facewashing. Anytime a player puts his glove in another players face, he's not exactly playing the puck! The rule "unsportsmanlike conduct" is so broad, I don't know why they don't call that more often...oh wait, the refs weren't "instructed" to make more of those calls this year. Only hand on the puck and bogus one handed hooking penalties...Stupid NHL
    It would better if they started accurate labelling:
    2 minutes for "being kind of a dick"

It would be pretty funny to watch the ref skate to center ice and say "Boston penalty, number 63, 2 minutes because that was pretty douche-y behaviour"

Forget the instigator rule, this is what is needed to clean up the game.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    Re:Orr, he had that late hit attempt on a small player to send a message. Everyone is fair game so back off.
    Very excited to see this if mean that guys like Parros and Rinaldo can start taking runs at Kessel and JVR. After all, everyone is fair game.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Very excited to see this if mean that guys like Parros and Rinaldo can start taking runs at Kessel and JVR. After all, everyone is fair game.
    Dukla had it wrong newf, Plekanec was messing with Orr, leading to Orr trying to hit Pleks. You can't expect a player of Orr's ilk to have restraint in a 6-0 blowout when a player like Plekanec is messing with you. Plekanec should have known better and been less of a dick if he didn't want to face repercussions. I'm glad he didn't get hurt though. Hopefully, he learned that you shouldn't poke the bear, cause sometimes the bear pokes back.

The Great One

If guys like Kessel and JVR take slashes at rinaldo hands, then yeah, Get excited. The difference is Toronto has guys that will step up. After Prust Montreal has no one.

Dobber Sports Pro

Funny thing about this incident is that Grabovski was engaging a bigger and tougher player when Pac decided to grab him from behind. Pac then decided to insert his forearm into Grabo's mouth and try to mug him from behind. He thought he was taking advantage of a smaller defensive player.

Can you prove that Grabo bit him or dis Pax shove his forarm against Grabo's teeth? Both would leave a mark. How can you say that it was anything but a defensive reaction? Be realistic, no one condones biting as an attack but this was not a case of Grabo looking to bite Pac.

Many things have been said about Grabo since coming into the league, but I do not recall him being anything but tough, and he is not the type of guy to back down from anyone.

If anything, Pacioretty, who is 3-4" and 25+ pound larger than Grabovsky should really be embarrassed. The guy looked like a baby whining to his mommy, pointing at his boo boo. The Habs should take note because this reflects badly on them after the drubbing they were handed. They should have let this one go quietly into the night and not kept the 6-0 defeat at the forefront of TSN and Sportsnet for the next 48 hours.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Agreed. WHAT is the point of putting your hand on someones face from behind other then to piss them off. I say THAT is cowardly and not the bite. Do that from in front of someone and at least they can pop you. Do it from behind like a coward, and all he could do is bite.
    I betcha you consider it fair to kick the guy in the balls first and call that a 'fair fight' huh? Sure you CAN do it, and if you were in a fight for your life then there are of course no rules but to suggest that he's justified in biting someone just because their arm is in your face is ****ing ******ed.

EDIT - not saying it was a bite, I've seen nothing remotely conclusive to show that it was so far
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; February 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM.