Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Youngblood's Prospect Q Thread

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    Ryan Sproul seems to be flying under everyones radar. He is putting up incredible numbers and has good size for the NHL. Is he the real deal? With Burns back I am looking to drop Zidlicky for him
    If you follow me on twitter or read my ramblings over at DobberProspects, you will know that I am a HUGE Sproul supporter. I don't see the wait for him as long as traditional Red Wings' prospects. Kid is scoring like a top line forward.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    If you follow me on twitter or read my ramblings over at DobberProspects, you will know that I am a HUGE Sproul supporter. I don't see the wait for him as long as traditional Red Wings' prospects. Kid is scoring like a top line forward.
    I do and that's the only reason I know about him. I'm gonna pick him up now. Appreciate the info. Keep it up!
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

1.)Do you see huberdeau sticking at center like they have had him, once bjugstad joins the team ? (likely next season if i have heard right).

as long as weiss is there he is top 6 for sure, but i always figured hubs would be a LW once he reached the nhl, mostly due to the fact bjugstad seems like a bigger presence at center which frees up hubs to do his thing a little more with less defensive responsibility. Now with hubs being there this season has me wondering, im looking for a prospect center. Had my eyes set on granlund but if huberdeau looks to stick at center then i may pursue both. we count FOW that is why it matters more if he actually plays there or not.

2.) tarasenko whats a fair price in a keeper league right now? seems like most guys are asking ridiculous amounts already. worried i may have missed my boat to acquire him back before he played an nhl game. lol

3.) nick bonino, does he stick in the top 6? looked at his past, he could score at a good clip, but his nhl stats prior to this season aren't anything to write home about. could he just be a late bloomer?
    12 team h2h keep 5 + 1 goalie
    *2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Champ
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    c-Tavares, Mackinnon Eichel
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How does the 2014 draft stack up compared to others? We heard a lot of hype of the 2013 last year this time but have heard very little about the quality and depth. On top of that can you give us a quick top 5 of 2014 from what you have seen thus far?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Do you know anything about twice Undrafted goalie Richard Ullberg?
    Swedish player who is now playing in the USHL for Green Bay Gamblers.
    From what I know he has great junior stats then had a awful draft year and was also caught stealing from team mates, got traded to another Swedish team and has improved since then. In his draft year he was ranked 5th among European goalies, he's now 20 and is playing outstanding hockey for Green Bay. Do you think he gets drafted 3rd time around?

The Great One

No question. Just a thanks for doing this.

Dobber Sports Deity

I own Ty Rattie in a couple of my leagues and was wondering your thoughts on him.

Whats his chances of actually landing a spot in St Louis. How far away do you think he is, assuming he is going to eventually get there.

Thanks again for doing this.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rundblad!

Man, I don't know what to think anymore about this kid....

Will he be the guy we all thought he would be when he crossed the pond or is he a bust?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Kwazzie View Post
    1.)Do you see huberdeau sticking at center like they have had him, once bjugstad joins the team ? (likely next season if i have heard right). I would assume that this is Florida's plan of attack. They have quite a few good C prospects. Ideally, I think he's better at C just because he is so skilled and you want the puck on his stick

as long as weiss is there he is top 6 for sure, but i always figured hubs would be a LW once he reached the nhl, mostly due to the fact bjugstad seems like a bigger presence at center which frees up hubs to do his thing a little more with less defensive responsibility. Now with hubs being there this season has me wondering, im looking for a prospect center. Had my eyes set on granlund but if huberdeau looks to stick at center then i may pursue both. we count FOW that is why it matters more if he actually plays there or not.

2.) tarasenko whats a fair price in a keeper league right now? seems like most guys are asking ridiculous amounts already. worried i may have missed my boat to acquire him back before he played an nhl game. lol

Well he is pointless in 5 games and minus-7 in that span so the asking price may have come down slightly. Not a good time to acquire him to be honest. Wait.

A guy in my league turned down some ridiculous offers (Corey Perry)....wait it out

3.) nick bonino, does he stick in the top 6? looked at his past, he could score at a good clip, but his nhl stats prior to this season aren't anything to write home about. could he just be a late bloomer?Temporary solution in the top six but he will likely see spot duty there. Anaheim is always experimenting with their wingers.
    see answers above

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    How does the 2014 draft stack up compared to others? We heard a lot of hype of the 2013 last year this time but have heard very little about the quality and depth. On top of that can you give us a quick top 5 of 2014 from what you have seen thus far?
    Sam Reinhart and Aaron Ekblad are the two big names but there are some bright futures in McKeown, Nick Ritchie, W. Nylander, Leon Draissaitl (looks like a stud)...

At this point, the depth is tough to project but as always, there are some game changers near the top.

If I were doing a top 10 at this moment...

1a. Aaron Ekblad
    1b. Sam Reinhart
    3. Roland McKeown
    4. William Nylander
    5. Nick Ritchie
    6. Leon Draissaitl
    7. Josh Ho-Sang
    8. Jakub Vrana (sliding a bit though)
    9. Jake Virtanen
    10. Jared McCann

Ivan Barbeshev, Sam Bennett, Blake Clarke, Michael Dal Colle, Anthony DeAngelo, Sonny Milano, Spencer Watson, Nick Schmaltz are just a few other names that have appealing upsides....

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Rajiabu View Post
    Do you know anything about twice Undrafted goalie Richard Ullberg?
    Swedish player who is now playing in the USHL for Green Bay Gamblers.
    From what I know he has great junior stats then had a awful draft year and was also caught stealing from team mates, got traded to another Swedish team and has improved since then. In his draft year he was ranked 5th among European goalies, he's now 20 and is playing outstanding hockey for Green Bay. Do you think he gets drafted 3rd time around?
    I am not familiar of him but based on those rumours...I am a little scared of a goalie with "slippery fingers"

If he's been passed over twice in the draft then he won't be drafted...more likely scenario is that he is just signed to a team.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I own Ty Rattie in a couple of my leagues and was wondering your thoughts on him.

Whats his chances of actually landing a spot in St Louis. How far away do you think he is, assuming he is going to eventually get there.

Thanks again for doing this.
    Rattie is one of my favourite 2012 drafted forwards...i really wanted the Leafs (favourite squad) to snatch him when they traded up into the first that year.

As a right winger, he stands a better chance at cracking this lineup within two years. I don't see Chris Stewart as a threat down the road and with Oshie's past "issues", who knows how long he will be around. Eventually, St. Louis is going to have to trade some of their tremendous forward depth.

Rattie will compete against Jaskin (who's red hot) for the second line RW spot.
    I wouldn't expect him to arrive in St. Louis until the 2014-15 season at the earliest.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Man, I don't know what to think anymore about this kid....

Will he be the guy we all thought he would be when he crossed the pond or is he a bust?
    From a fantasy standpoint, I always felt he was overhyped. I think Rundblad just had too many big expectations set on him in fantasy hockey and he was never going to live up to him. That doesn't mean he won't develop into a fantasy contributor (I think he will) but it is going to take him longer...especially under a defensive system in Pheonix with Yandle, OEL, Gormley and Connor Murphy all eventually fighting for offensive minutes.

Just lower your expectations and be happy with a 30-40 point defensemen in a few years time. That is my best realistic advice.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Baertschi, Silfverberg, and Nyqvist are all available in my keeper league. Who are the top two guys on this list to target as I have 2 pretty high draft picks?? Do you think all 3 will be major contributors for their respective teams in the future??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

The mika zibanejad not greatest iranian of all the time but he the real or the dogshit?