Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hall vs Seguin

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've seen Hall make plenty of bone headed plays that speaks to his hockey IQ.

In fact, I was just watching my boy Lehtonen face the Oilers earlier this week, and here's what Hall brilliantly decided to do with a valuable opportunity wide open, one-on-one with the goalie to put his team up by 2... instead the Stars came back and won 3-1.

Not only was it a terrible decision, but the execution was so badly telegraphed, it looked like he was doing it in slow-motion. The funniest part is whoever uploaded the video titled it "Fantastic trick by Taylor Hall" ROFL... what a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fN9LPZH6hXY
    Last edited by blayze; February 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow a ton of hate coming cake down buddy, I'm giving my opinion you have yours I have mine. Not saying Sequin or Hall will be like Ovi or Crosby but if you compare the two Halls more a one dimensional player like Ovi and Sequin, RHN and Eberle are more Crosby type IMO.

Another thing to note when talking about skill heart and determination are not a skill their a trait so yes I feel Eberle and RHN are more skilled.

Havana cool your jets these forums are for opinions no need to get your panties twisted.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sage

I would go with Hall just because of Edmonton's young core of talent around him. I think Seguin will be the slightly better player though.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Hey Zorro....you're a disgrace to tell sword...

Seguin IS already a STUD...How big a stud he'll become is still in question. Hall is the same.

Honestly...I feel the last time we've had a better #1 #2 punch was back in the ovie/Spezza days.

These 2 kids should flat out be admired and not pitted against each other. EDM Boston fans are the beneficiaries here. Congrats.
    I don't understand what you are trying to get at here?? Please explain.. I was just voicing my opinion..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

hmm looks like I opened up a can of worms here lol, loving this thread!
    Yahoo Limited Keeper (Keep 4), 2nd Year, Weekly H2H, daily starts, 12 teams
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG // W, GAA, SV%, SHO,

2C/2LW/2RW/2F/4D/2G/3BENCH/2IR

Likely keepers in BOLD

C: Tavares, Backstrom
    W: Neal
    D:
    G: Lundqvist
    IR:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Seguin FORSURE!! And this isn't because I am a Bruins fan.. I bet the Oilers are really kicking themselves for not drafting Seguin instead of Hall..

I'm sorry if you don't agree but Seguin is the better of the two and is going to be a STUD!!
    Here's why... You're quick to state that Seguin is the pick FORSURE!!! Yet you under cut your argument by saying Seguin is going to be a STUD...rather than holding strong and stating that Seguin is already a STUD. Personally...I feel both are already studs...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I've seen Hall make plenty of bone headed plays that speaks to his hockey IQ.

In fact, I was just watching my boy Lehtonen face the Oilers earlier this week, and here's what Hall brilliantly decided to do with a valuable opportunity wide open, one-on-one with the goalie to put his team up by 2... instead the Stars came back and won 3-1.

Not only was it a terrible decision, but the execution was so badly telegraphed, it looked like he was doing it in slow-motion. The funniest part is whoever uploaded the video titled it "Fantastic trick by Taylor Hall" ROFL... what a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fN9LPZH6hXY
    There are a few problems with your interpretation of that event.

1. Hall actually explained why he did it in an interview and his explanation made sense.

2. It was not telegraphed or poorly executed because Lehtonen himself said he was caught off guard by it and was lucky to stop it.
    Yahoo H2H 14 team partial keeper league (Keep 8)
    G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG - W,Sv%,SV,GAA
    (ie. too much goalie)
    C - Getzlaf,Steen,Barkov,Lee, Lindholm
    RW - MacKinnon, Ehlers, Neal, Nichushkin
    LW - Hall, Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Teravainen
    D - Subban, Johnson, Leddy
    G - Bishop, Talbot, Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TigerUnderGlass View Post
    There are a few problems with your interpretation of that event.

1. Hall actually explained why he did it in an interview and his explanation made sense.

2. It was not telegraphed or poorly executed because Lehtonen himself said he was caught off guard by it and was lucky to stop it.
    Rarely to I disagree with Blayze....here is one of those times

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Here's why... You're quick to state that Seguin is the pick FORSURE!!! Yet you under cut your argument by saying Seguin is going to be a STUD...rather than holding strong and stating that Seguin is already a STUD. Personally...I feel both are already studs...
    HAHAHA, sounds good!! I just feel Seguin is already proving he is better then Hall, and that is just my opinion.. I also feel that he is going to be a STUD.. I wouldn't say Seguin is a STUD quite yet, but I do think he will be soon enough. So yes, Seguin is my pick FORSURE..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just thought I would resurrect this old thread tonite. Hall with a hat trick which is unbelievable considering how stupid he is and you know.....his lack of hockey sense.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not sure what your point is resuscitating this old thread, but one game (or a shortened season) doesn't change a thing for me, I'd still take Seguin without hesitation.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Go with Seguin. Seguin is in a great position in Boston and can make things happen by himself.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Still Taking Hall. I know he's dumb...stupid and lacks a drop of Hockey Sense...

meh.

Works for me.

Seguin is a great spot and great position?? Yeah... Possibly...

But Hall's not?

PaaaLEASE!!!

There is a reason he went #1 to Seguin's #2 (close...but I agree).

EDIT:
    Thought I'd do a little more investigation here:

GP G A Pts +/- PIM Hits BkS FW FL FO% PPG PPA SHG SHA GW SOG Pct
    Hall: Career Totals (Full) 157 60 69 129 -10 90 107 85 89 117 .432 24 19 0 0 13 495 .121
    Seguin: Career Totals (Full) 189 51 63 114 52 60 66 43 213 221 .491 9 14 0 0 8 482 .106

All I can say is "Let the Number's Speak". Short of Faceoff Related stats (Positionally bias) and +/- (bogus stat..argueably), Hall takes Seguin down on each of
    G/A/Pts/PIM/Hits/Blks/PPG/PPA/GWG/SOG and Shooting % (Oh that's right...Hall managed to do all of this with 32 less games played)

So unless you're talking about some real life intangible, IMO and based on the #'s, Hall is the better Fantasy Asset over Seguin Right Now...and Trending forward based on this sample size.
    Last edited by havanablast21; April 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Still Seguin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by agoodburn View Post
    Go with Seguin. Seguin is in a great position in Boston and can make things happen by himself.
    And Hall Can't make things happen by himself? Dude...do you even watch Oiler Games? No slight against Seguin here...VERY GOOD COMPARISON, but if you're suggesting that Hall is a 1 dimensional player incapable of sparking the offense on his own...I'd suggest watching a few more Oiler Games.