Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hall vs Seguin

Dobber Sports Genius

Where would you put Hall then? My list is below.... I am not an Oilers fan but being in Edmonton I do follow them, I just think Halls game is a lot more one dimensional epically a lot of the shots I see him take then Ebs or RNH.

Eberle
    RNH
    J.Schultz ( Edmonton needs a stud D)
    Hall
    Yakupov ( Could move up if he proves himself.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Where would you put Hall then? My list is below.... I am not an Oilers fan but being in Edmonton I do follow them, I just think Halls game is a lot more one dimensional epically a lot of the shots I see him take then Ebs or RNH.

Eberle
    RNH
    J.Schultz ( Edmonton needs a stud D)
    Hall
    Yakupov ( Could move up if he proves himself.
    Depends on your criteria - I think Hall is a fantastic player but it's his intangibles that set him apart from the others.

RNH
    Hall
    Schultz
    Yakupov
    Eberle

Now, Eberle is my favorite player (in the league). I'd hate to see him go. But Hall brings more to the table (aside from scoring) to the table. RNH's upside is immense, he plays a solid two-way game, and plays at C which makes him the most valuable of the bunch by default almost. Hall and RNH are definitely my top 2 - the bottom 3 you could rotate but Schultz is proving to be a dynamic player and again, in a position the Oil sorely need, so he gets the bump above the other two. Eberle vs. Yakupov comes down to one thing... and that's the fact that Yakupov will likely turn out to be the more dynamic scorer of the two.

Skill-wise, Hall is probably down the list a bit but the intangibles he has puts him at or near the top. Plus, if you buy into Corsi and all that, he's been one of the best wingers in the league over the past while. He simply brings to the table things no one else on the team can and is really the catalyst on whatever line he plays for.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post

Skill-wise, Hall is probably down the list a bit but the intangibles he has puts him at or near the top. Plus, if you buy into Corsi and all that, he's been one of the best wingers in the league over the past while. He simply brings to the table things no one else on the team can and is really the catalyst on whatever line he plays for.
    What "intangibles" are we talking about here?

I'm sure I haven't seen as many Oilers games as you guys, but from what little I have seen, Hall is nothing incredibly special. He has talent no doubt, but he plays a sometimes foolish, often reckless game and to be honest, I find him pretty one-dimensional as someone above indicated.

If we're talking about someone who's got drive, who's focused, and who's a proven winner, give me Eberle. He is cool and poised as a cucumber, great shot, fantastic hockey sense and he delivers in the clutch. I think he's the leader.

If we're talking about raw offensive potential, give me Yakupov. He does everything Hall does, except better, and hopefully he won't be a bandaid boy which Hall most likely will become.

RNH and Schultz are valuable by default due to their positions. I love what I'm seeing from Schultz although it's too early to pass judgement. RNH has potential, but I can see him becoming a bandaid boy as well - "soreness" after 10 games into the season? Give me a break. He needs to hire Gary Roberts, stat.

If I were ranking how "valuable" they are, I'd take Eberle, Yakupov, RNH and Schultz way before Hall, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What "intangibles" are we talking about here?

I'm sure I haven't seen as many Oilers games as you guys, but from what little I have seen, Hall is nothing incredibly special. He has talent no doubt, but he plays a sometimes foolish, often reckless game and to be honest, I find him pretty one-dimensional as someone above indicated.

If we're talking about someone who's got drive, who's focused, and who's a proven winner, give me Eberle. He is cool and poised as a cucumber, great shot, fantastic hockey sense and he delivers in the clutch. I think he's the leader.

If we're talking about raw offensive potential, give me Yakupov. He does everything Hall does, except better, and hopefully he won't be a bandaid boy which Hall most likely will become.

RNH and Schultz are valuable by default due to their positions. I love what I'm seeing from Schultz although it's too early to pass judgement. RNH has potential, but I can see him becoming a bandaid boy as well - "soreness" after 10 games into the season? Give me a break. He needs to hire Gary Roberts, stat.

If I were ranking how "valuable" they are, I'd take Eberle, Yakupov, RNH and Schultz way before Hall, but that's just me.
    Hall is the dumbest of the bunch, no doubt. Eberle and RNH just get it and make fantastic plays based on their hockey IQ.

I don't know how to communicate this clearly because you have to watch several games to see it. Hall just doesn't give up on a play. He's relentless on the puck and will skate his ass off to try to strip the puck or to backcheck. He's got a ton of heart and his competitive drive is second to few. He's two time memorial cup MVP for a reason - I don't know when Oilers will make playoffs and it's not looking like this year by any means, but when they do, Hall is just going to be a monster.

Eberle is one of the smartest players in the game and he's certainly clutch. But he doesn't push the play the way Hall does. Eberle may be clutch and get some highlight reel GWG but I can't count how many times I've been watching a game when the Oilers were down 3-0 or something and half the players seem like they've given up and Hall is just going 110%. I can't count how many times in that situation I've seen him pot a goal in those circumstances and then as a result the team surges back.

The simplest way I can say it is that no one on this team comes close to Hall's drive and competitiveness and he's the one who makes the offense go even if he's not always the one putting the puck away.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This thread is insane!

Hall the most expendable? Madness

Hall is the best player on the Oilers and it's not close. There is NOBODY else on that team who can drive possession the way he does. The ice tilts dramatically in Edmonton's favor with him playing.

Eberle rode absurd percentages to his totals last year. Hopkins his serious skill but has the least game effect of the three out there. Schultz has played exactly 10 games in the NHL. I love Yakupov, but he's not there yet.

Any sort of look at their underlying numbers sets Hall head and shoulders above anyone on that team, and he is due to explode offensively.

Eberle will need to increase his shot rate 30-40% and hope to maintain a ridiculously high on-ice shooting percentage just to tread water and Hopkins will be lucky if his shoulder isn't hanging by a thread a week from now.

If so many Oilers fans think Hall is the most expendable then I am embarrassed to be an Oilers fan.
    Yahoo H2H 14 team partial keeper league (Keep 8)
    G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG - W,Sv%,SV,GAA
    (ie. too much goalie)
    C - Getzlaf,Steen,Barkov,Lee, Lindholm
    RW - MacKinnon, Ehlers, Neal, Nichushkin
    LW - Hall, Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Teravainen
    D - Subban, Johnson, Leddy
    G - Bishop, Talbot, Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TigerUnderGlass View Post
    This thread is insane!

Hall the most expendable? Madness

Hall is the best player on the Oilers and it's not close. There is NOBODY else on that team who can drive possession the way he does. The ice tilts dramatically in Edmonton's favor with him playing.

Eberle rode absurd percentages to his totals last year. Hopkins his serious skill but has the least game effect of the three out there. Schultz has played exactly 10 games in the NHL. I love Yakupov, but he's not there yet.

Any sort of look at their underlying numbers sets Hall head and shoulders above anyone on that team, and he is due to explode offensively.

Eberle will need to increase his shot rate 30-40% and hope to maintain a ridiculously high on-ice shooting percentage just to tread water and Hopkins will be lucky if his shoulder isn't hanging by a thread a week from now.

If so many Oilers fans think Hall is the most expendable then I am embarrassed to be an Oilers fan.
    Agree 100%!!!

Hall is the best player on the Oil by far. I like the term "game effect" as that describes Hall to me. The guy is a game breaker and will be the leader of this team in the future.

Cannot believe some of the comments I'm reading. "Nothing special", "Dumbest by far", "Down the list skillwise".

You guys are on crack!

I can't wait to look back on this thread in a few years.

P.S. oh yeah....he's better than Seguin too!

Hall easily has the lowest hockey IQ out of Eberle, Yakupov, Schultz, and RNH. You can't even deny that.

Dobber Sports Ace

This thread is insane.
    I'm not an Oliers fan but I've watched a ton of Oilers games and Hall seems to be the driving force, or heart, of the offense. I think Eberle and RNH are better all around players but Hall drives the offense.
    Yakapov is not better than Hall. Not yet anyway. Yes, he's got tons of energy and if he channels it properly, he very well may be the best of the bunch, but he still plays like a kid. As for Hall vs Seguin, different players and hard to compare but so far I'd say Seguin may have more pure skill, but Hall's heart and drive are far superior. Seguin plays when he wants to play but Hall is always going. For that reason alone, I think Hall is more valuable. They're stil both so young so that could change, but id take Hall on my squad at this point over Seguin.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I live in Edmonton been to a few games, I really don't think Hall is all that great his skating is unorthadox, his stickhandling is just ok, all he has is speed and a decent shot. I will say he is gritty and gives it his all but based on Skill and the fact that Sequin is the man in Boston and will be for the future, and Hall IMO is 3rd of 4th in the depth chart on Edmonton go with Sequin.
    I was going to ask if you were smok'n some fine weed...then saw your handle...Canucks fan...the explains the curious critique. Clearly a hayter!

Hall is going to be fantastic. Already is and in as good...if not better position than Seguin. That said...I think we are talking 1a and 1b. I'm partial to Hall but admit there is a clear reason why these two where such a hard decision hat draft

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hall easily has the lowest hockey IQ out of Eberle, Yakupov, Schultz, and RNH. You can't even deny that.
    Oh yeah I can. You're nutz... There...so denied.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Oh yeah I can. You're nutz... There...so denied.
    Haha alright then. He's the most valuable for sure but certainly not the smartest player.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Haha alright then. He's the most valuable for sure but certainly not the smartest player.
    ROFLMAO....ok...my son and I have 5 Hall jerseys between us...so bias outed...but having watched a couple episodes os oil change....

I got nothing. Still love him...but dude can't even order sushi right. LOL.... Regardless...long live Hall..and anyone who has him 4th on the EDM depth chart really needs to check their Oiler hayter card with the doorman (aka Canuck fan).

Bahahahaha...

Maybe it's the hockey day in Canada...or maybe it's the rum and OJ in my hand(11:30 EST)...but I couldn't be happier today and at this very moment.

Just don't SĄ]T on Scar face.....I mean hall.

On that topic...anyone else notice how well that scar healed.....that's right...he's superhuman too...from the planet krypton. Lol

OK..back to my amber and OJ

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Seguin FORSURE!! And this isn't because I am a Bruins fan.. I bet the Oilers are really kicking themselves for not drafting Seguin instead of Hall..

I'm sorry if you don't agree but Seguin is the better of the two and is going to be a STUD!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Seguin FORSURE!! And this isn't because I am a Bruins fan.. I bet the Oilers are really kicking themselves for not drafting Seguin instead of Hall..

I'm sorry if you don't agree but Seguin is the better of the two and is going to be a STUD!!
    Hey Zorro....you're a disgrace to tell sword...

Seguin IS already a STUD...How big a stud he'll become is still in question. Hall is the same.

Honestly...I feel the last time we've had a better #1 #2 punch was back in the ovie/Spezza days.

These 2 kids should flat out be admired and not pitted against each other. EDM Boston fans are the beneficiaries here. Congrats.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't know how you can automatically put Yakupov above him here. I think it very much remains to be seen, especially since they are VERY similar player types.
    Yahoo H2H 14 team partial keeper league (Keep 8)
    G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG - W,Sv%,SV,GAA
    (ie. too much goalie)
    C - Getzlaf,Steen,Barkov,Lee, Lindholm
    RW - MacKinnon, Ehlers, Neal, Nichushkin
    LW - Hall, Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Teravainen
    D - Subban, Johnson, Leddy
    G - Bishop, Talbot, Vasilevskiy