Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The App you've been waiting for has finally arrived! Mid-season guide now available!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for all the hard work on the app guys!
    10 team keeper league points only
    pts: g=1 a=1 w=3 so=2 Cap 99.21m
    starting roster 12f, 6d, 1g Current Cap 99.12
    Forwards
    Malkin, Scheifele, Gaudreau, Kessel, Point, Atkinson, Palmieri, Bratt, Tuch, Borgstrom, Fiala, Steel
    Defense
    Hedman, Krug, Muzzin, Subban, Yandle, Brodie,
    Goalie
    Bobrovsky
    Reserves
    Hinostroza, Brannstrom, Andersson, Vaakanainen, Blackwood

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rougie View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work on the app guys!
    Thanks Rougie... Stay tuned for more updates as we think of new and improved ideas to implement.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

We are always open to feedback, especially from the community here. Pass along any issues, ideas, suggestions. Feel free to send me an e-mail too.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Expert

Well things aren't going to plan, so you guys benefit.

Here's the link to the free mid-season guide that Angus and I have slaved over during the last couple of weeks...

http://www.fantasyhockeypp.com/FHPPMid2012-13.pdf

Download and have a gander, and if you can support the App in anyway, downloads/clicks/donations, it would go a long way in helping us make it better.

Numbers are a bit dated since this was supposed to be out last Thursday, but still good none-the-less.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Maaaasquito View Post
    Well things aren't going to plan, so you guys benefit.

Here's the link to the free mid-season guide that Angus and I have slaved over during the last couple of weeks...

http://www.fantasyhockeypp.com/FHPPMid2012-13.pdf

Download and have a gander, and if you can support the App in anyway, downloads/clicks/donations, it would go a long way in helping us make it better.

Numbers are a bit dated since this was supposed to be out last Thursday, but still good none-the-less.

Hey, I downloaded that mid-season guide and all-in-all, it's pretty good.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars. I'd probably give it 3 1/2 under most cirumstances, but A) it's the ap's first guide ever, so you deserve to be cut some slack . and B) I've bought Dobber's guide for years, so I'm clearly spoiled.

Nice breakdown of teams and players... But the one place that needs to be beefed up, IMO (thus not the 5/5 star rating) is looking at *goalies*.

There are many GM's struggling with goaltending heading into the stretch. For example, I have Rask (yea!) and Miller (ugh) and yet I'm in the top 3 of our league. I'd love to know what goalie sleepers to look for to stream starts to offset when Miller craps the bed. Or if it's even worth holding on to him anymore. What goalies with low% ownership do you see making an impact heading into the H2H playoffs?

I know not having Justin Goldman around for this makes it tough... But advice (or even hunches) from Ma, Angus and company are worth a good read.

Again, I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer"... I like the ap and check it out daily. The mid-season guide is good reading too. Just my 2 cents to make it even better! Cheers!
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Two On One View Post
    Hey, I downloaded that mid-season guide and all-in-all, it's pretty good.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars. I'd probably give it 3 1/2 under most cirumstances, but A) it's the ap's first guide ever, so you deserve to be cut some slack . and B) I've bought Dobber's guide for years, so I'm clearly spoiled.

Nice breakdown of teams and players... But the one place that needs to be beefed up, IMO (thus not the 5/5 star rating) is looking at *goalies*.

There are many GM's struggling with goaltending heading into the stretch. For example, I have Rask (yea!) and Miller (ugh) and yet I'm in the top 3 of our league. I'd love to know what goalie sleepers to look for to stream starts to offset when Miller craps the bed. Or if it's even worth holding on to him anymore. What goalies with low% ownership do you see making an impact heading into the H2H playoffs?

I know not having Justin Goldman around for this makes it tough... But advice (or even hunches) from Ma, Angus and company are worth a good read.

Again, I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer"... I like the ap and check it out daily. The mid-season guide is good reading too. Just my 2 cents to make it even better! Cheers!
    Not at all - feedback is always good. Thanks for taking the time to write this.

The MS Guide wasn't extensively comprehensive, and it was more a way for us to test the app's functionality (which we are still working on). So in that way, it was a good thing to test it with!

It does contain some great info from Ma on how to evaluate positions relative to your league. We are going to do a lot of good stuff with this App, and in these first few months we are just figuring out how to best use it to get our content out there.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

The Great One

To be honest, I downloaded the app when it became available on the App Store, and was pretty turned off by the layout of the app.

The info/news was great, but it was seriously lacking in the design front. Having a nice looking app goes a long way...It's all about presentation.

Logging on to the app now it says

Error Loading Data
    The system is not able to receive any new reports.
    Click "Player News" to try again.

But yeah, if I could make a recommendation, it would be to work on the design of the app before adding all these new functions you guys are talking about. A better looking app which is more user friendly that has all this great information would be very very impressive.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    To be honest, I downloaded the app when it became available on the App Store, and was pretty turned off by the layout of the app.

The info/news was great, but it was seriously lacking in the design front. Having a nice looking app goes a long way...It's all about presentation.

Logging on to the app now it says

Error Loading Data
    The system is not able to receive any new reports.
    Click "Player News" to try again.

But yeah, if I could make a recommendation, it would be to work on the design of the app before adding all these new functions you guys are talking about. A better looking app which is more user friendly that has all this great information would be very very impressive.
    Yeah we're at a bit of a crossroads at the moment. I completely understand where you're coming from, the thing is we're still in our initial stages so it's tough to expect it to be perfect and able to compete with the big guns of "Rotoworld/Rotowire/TSN/Sporting News" and all that jazz just cause they have huge amounts of money backing them.

I sourced a few of the "professional" web developers and I mean I can get it looking like all those big guns but they're asking for $10-12k right off the bat just for initial programming, as you can tell, we just can't afford that at this point especially when I haven't made a dime from the app. This mid-season guide was supposed to get the ball rolling, but that fell flat on its face, so we're going to plan B. So it's kinda a cyclical problem. We need money to improve the design/layout to attract new customers, but we won't get money until we get more people using/buying the features of the app...

So I completely understand where you're coming from. But design will have to come secondary to content, while I pray to God that the content will be good enough to have you keep our faith in us while we work out the kinks and generate a bit more revenue.

"Error loading" has something to do with the webhost, it's been happening frequently, so I'll have to look into that.

Hopefully I can keep enough faith in people that our content and analysis is what will keep people coming back and that they find it more useful than any other resource out there.

Dobber Sports Expert

We're still trying to work out the kinks in the app, but in the meantime, we've developed the website for it.

fantasyhockeypp.com

Check it out and let us know if there's anything we can do to make it more user friendly. It is still a work in progress so hopefully it's the first steps to a journey of 1000 miles...

Dobber Sports Ninja

The website and the content are fantastic. Great work guys... wish I had access to this on my blackberry.

My only suggestion is that you have coloured backgrounds that correspond to each of the teams, however if the colour is dark, it makes the headers difficult to view since the font is black.

You could either program it such that the site uses white fonts for dark coloured teams, or you could make your programming life a lot easier by just using a white background with black fonts for the headers since you already show the logo of each team anyway. The colours are pretty, but I think it's redundant. Your interface will load faster on phones and look cleaner if you go with the white... just my opinion.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The website and the content are fantastic. Great work guys... wish I had access to this on my blackberry.

My only suggestion is that you have coloured backgrounds that correspond to each of the teams, however if the colour is dark, it makes the headers difficult to view since the font is black.

You could either program it such that the site uses white fonts for dark coloured teams, or you could make your programming life a lot easier by just using a white background with black fonts for the headers since you already show the logo of each team anyway. The colours are pretty, but I think it's redundant. Your interface will load faster on phones and look cleaner if you go with the white... just my opinion.
    Cool thanks Blayze I'll look into the colours, and see if we can get it optimized.