Thread: Brett Connoly Vs Mark Scheifele

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Brett Connoly Vs Mark Scheifele

points only...Long term keeper..Which one?

Dobber Sports Wizard

I like Connolly....I think people tend to forget if not for the injury in his draft year, he would have been in discussion for the 1st overall pick. I don't think he would have passed Hall or Seguin but he would have at least been talked about, and maybe gone 3rd.

I like Scheifele just fine, but I think where he ended up getting drafted is enhancing people's opinion of him....he went 7th, but was projected closer to 15-20. I don't think he has the offensive game that a typical 7th overall pick does, and the fact that he's yet to really dominate the OHL two years after his draft makes me feel justified in that.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like Connolly so much in his draft year but there have been a recent swing of events that has left me soured on where he is going to end up. He was dominant the year before his draft year and he became the first 16-year-old to score 30 goals in the WHL since Patrick Marleau in 1995–96. He made the 2012 Team Canada team but they had him as a lower line guy (and he still produced). But since then, he was not selected for the past junior team, and now didn't even crack the TB lineup. Worse, Conacher seems to have taken Connolly's projected place in the lineup.

So who knows what is happening with BC anytime soon. The good thing with Scheifele is that at least he will be playing on a team with no depth and as such, in a points only league, should be given the opportunity to cash in a bit more.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thank you gentlemen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by wopap View Post
    He made the 2012 Team Canada team but they had him as a lower line guy (and he still produced). But since then, he was not selected for the past junior team
    For what it's worth, he was too old for the WJC this year. That would be why he didn't make the team.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

you know what, that explains a lot. There was not even any chatter about him this year at the WJC. Thanks eh.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Looking at the Syracuse team stats, Connolly is doing essentially what Conacher was doing

http://www.syracusecrunch.com/sports...=mhockey&tab=0

Still looks like he could turn out though.