8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fowler

6 75.00%
  • Carlson

2 25.00%

Thread: Fowler or Carlson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Fowler or Carlson

I own both but for salary cap reasons, I must deal one of them before the end of the year. So my question to you fellow Dobberites is "Whom should I keep?"

League is salary cap, G, A, STPTS, +/-, PIM.

Both Fowler and Carlson have pretty much the same cap hit starting next year.

Fowler has been disappointing since his rookie year but the general opinion is he's got a huge upside. And added to that are often mentions of Anaheim's PP unit. But with both Getzlaf and Perry UFAs, maybe the unit will disband after this year.

Carlson also has a huge upside but is playing 2nd fiddle to Green and not getting PP1 time. WAS also sucks right now. But what about Green getting injured(high likelihood)? Will then Carlson get PP1 time? I don't really like to depend on someone's injury, though. As long as Green is in WAS, is Carlson doomed to the 2nd PP unit?

So gents, which one do you choose?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

I would guess Carlson since you have +/- in your league cats. Points wise, their upside seems fairly similar to me.
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).