Thread: Farm teams - rules

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Farm teams - rules

We have a dynasty league and this year we started out with farm teams as well. Just four spots this year, but we are not sure how most people run them.

What happens if you activate a player and he gets sent down to the juniors, AHL or something?
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Wizard

In my league you're allowed to call up or send down a prospect as much as you like until they play 70 NHL games (45 for goalies), or they turn 27. But my league might not be the best comparable we have 20 teams and 50 prospects.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Wizard

In my league we are allowed two moves per week between our farm and active rosters. Also in our case the games played limit is high, 160 for skaters and 60 for goalies, before they either have to be activated or released. Starting this offseason I believe we will have a one year grace period for each year's draftees before we have to either clear a spot for them or release them.

As for your second question. In our case if you have them on your active roster and they are sent down then you can send them down as well, provided you haven't used up your weekly allotment of moves, the player hasn't passed the games played threshold, and you have an open roster spot on your farm.

That's it in a nutshell as far as how that league works with regards to the farm.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....