Thread: Drop Ryan Whitney for...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Ryan Whitney for...

I am getting worried about Ryan Whitney's PP time and overall scoring opportunities. Should I keep him or drop him for?:

Diaz
    Wideman
    Souray
    Garrison
    Faulk
    Hamhuis

p.s. I will not be keeping any of these players and the league scoring is in my sig

Thanks
    8 team keeper league (keep 5)
    Standard Yahoo scoring format: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, S, PIM, BLK, W/L, SV, -GA, SO

Forwards:
    Malkin, Benn, Eichel, Kucherov, Draisaitl, Schwartz, Marchessault, R.Smith, Hornqvist, Voracek, Atkinson, Lee, T. Johnson

Defensemen:
    Letang, S. Jones, Krug, Sergachev, McDonagh, Dumba

Goalies:
    Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Rask

Farm:
    Keller, Puljujarvi

Dobber Sports Immortal

Faulk for me. Going to do the same in one of my leagues.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If it's this year only, I'd hang on to Whitney a little longer. It's very early yet, and he's actually getting pretty good power play time. I'd wait for him to score a goal or two, and see if he goes into beast mode. He's had a bad time with injuries the past couple of years, no doubt. But, it'll be interesting to see what a bit of confidence and a very skilled young team can do for him.
    SwedishTwins

12 Team Keeper League
    - Points only with goals from D-men worth two points, goalies get 2 points for a win and 2 points for a shutout.

F: Backstrom, Granlund, Johansen, Kopitar, Monahan, B. Ryan, Stone, Van Riemsdyk
    D: Pietrangelo, Fowler, Weber, Hedman
    G: Schneider, C. Anderson

Bench: Kadri, E. Kane, B. Ryan, Stepan, Saad, Niskanen, Sekera

Prospects: Duclair, Marner, McCann, Dumba, Murray, Nurse, Severson, J. Gibson, Hammond, I. Samsonov

Dobber Sports Genius

Is Faulk even getting PP1 time? Doesn't look like it. Whitney may not be getting the PP minutes that Schultz is getting, but he's still getting a lot (6:26 tonight), and on a more high octane team.

I'd give it time to let the kids in Edmonton get rolling, but if you want to drop Whitney I'd drop him for Wideman. Not a sexy pick up, but he'll log plenty of minutes, including PP1 time. He's going to produce.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think Wideman would be the guy I would drop him for, but Faulk is not a bad choice either, I just go with Wideman because of his body of work, and if Faulk is a free agent now he probably always will be unless he really catches fire, and if he does that would be the time to jump on him.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Carolina plays tonight... then just once more in the next 6 days.
    So they have a pretty light schedule.

I'd hold Whitney for a bit longer.
    Carolina starts playing a heavier schedule next Friday (Jan 31).
    Put a reminder on your computer and consider Faulk on the Thursday if Whitney hasn't gotten it going.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Don't be too afraid to pull the trigger though once you've decided. Whitney might be getting powerplay time but he looks lost on the ice right now and is the worst defenseman on the Oilers 5 on 5. Even on the PP he's bumbling the puck and looking really out of place.