Thread: Is Brodeur for real?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Is Brodeur for real?

I have Lundqvist as my starter and m. Smith as my back up. Should i pick up Brodeur and drop Smith?
    1 Year Keeper League
    G,A,PP,SHP,+/-,SH,HIT,ATOI, W,SP,GA,SO

E. Malkin P. Kessel
    J.Spezza A. Kopitar
    J. Eberle A. Semin
    M. Pacioretty J. Voracek
    J. Pominville D. Brunner
    V. Tarasenko D. Krejci

E. karlsson A. Pietrangelo
    K. Shattenkirk M. Carle

H. Lundqvist M. Smith

Dobber Sports Apprentice

"Is Brodeur for real?" What a question.

Have you been living in a box in a cave on the moon with your fingers in your eyes?

The answer is yes. He is about as "for real" as it gets. It leads the NHL all-time in wins and shutouts.

Is he going to have a great year? Who knows. I'd probably still roster Smith ahead of him in spite of Brodeur's "reality". I'm not sure I'm in the majority, but I think Smith is "for real", at least as long as he's in Phoenix. Team D will start to come together, and the numbers will come eventually.

Brodeur will still steal games, but his reflexes and reads aren't quite what they were 3 years ago. His body is also breaking down a bit, and is more likely to get injured than is Smith imo.

Hang tight.

The Magnificent One

Funny title and great first response is brodeur for real.

Yes and I have Lundy and brodeur in net and i love it. As for your team i am not a believer in smith yet but honestly he will get more starts than brodeur this season. PHO has to lean heavily on smith its all they for really. But I think brodeurs numbers will be better
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Genius

Smith can be awful in Phoenix and still be leaned upon.

Brodeur. Can the Devils battle for a playoff berth? Will they use Hedberg a bit more, due to the compressed schedule? Will he stay healthy? Will he have some inconsistent periods, as he has had the past couple of years?

As far as I'm concerned, there are questions surrounding both.

In keeper pools, I'd lean on Smith at this point. What can a fellow get in trade for Brodeur these days? (not much) A solid season from Smith, and he'll sport excellent trade value.

Which team do I like better, Phoenix or New Jersey? I'm not overly fancy on either. Phoenix seems to over achieve annually though.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

brodeur is for real and the devils are for real. i saw it on harmonic's goal on opening day. wasn't a bad goal by any means, but brodeur was seriously pissed. could see him yell "****"... so unlike his usual calm demeanour. marty is angry that last season's run has been painted as a brief return to greatness, as opposed to him starting to get over a couple-year slump which is what it really was. you think brodeur's final moment of greatness ends in someone else raising a cup while he skates off like some pathetic cuckold? brodeur is mad about last year... he's mad about being some charming victory-lap anecdote and he's ready to prove that he's still THE BEST goalie in the world. marty, vezina, book it
    RANGERS SUCK

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by PensInThree View Post
    "Is Brodeur for real?" What a question.

Have you been living in a box in a cave on the moon with your fingers in your eyes?

The answer is yes. He is about as "for real" as it gets. It leads the NHL all-time in wins and shutouts.
    Haha, Couldn't have written a better response to the title of this thread.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11