Thread: Die Hard?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Die Hard?

So yet another Die Hard movie is coming out next month... it's apparently titled "Die Hard: Where's My Hearing Aid?"

A series of movies spanning 30 years, containing the same main character/actor, is perhaps a bit much...
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Banned

Die Hardest?
    Die Hard: Now with Vi-agra?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    So yet another Die Hard movie is coming out next month... it's apparently titled "Die Hard: Where's My Hearing Aid?"

A series of movies spanning 30 years, containing the same main character/actor, is perhaps a bit much...
    On the bright side they've gone with an R rating instead of PG-13... so Bruce can swear and bleed all he wants (unlike the last Die Hard movie).

Anyway, he's only spanning 25yrs (Die Hard was '88) so that makes it totally believable.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's just awful how these aging action stars won't give it up. Arnie just made another flop of an action movie and Stallone is doing the same. Why can't they let it go? On a side note, if they're going to use aging/washed up old dudes as action stars, they need to pair them with a legitimately hot younger chick like they did with Catherine Zeta Jones alongside Sean Connery in that late 90s flick.

BTW, the next one might be titled "Die Hard: The Battle To Reform Medicare Part D."

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

Dobber Sports Star

It's just awful how these aging action stars won't give it up. Arnie just made another flop of an action movie and Stallone is doing the same. Why can't they let it go?
    Umm... They are making these movies because there is still a market for them. Why would you care? If you don't like them, don't watch them. Why would you bother busting their balls for trying to extend their career for as long as possible?

The Expendables made just around 200 million dollars profit, and the Expendables 2 made around 240 million dollars profit. I personally don't enjoy those types of movies, but I DO understand WHY they continue to make them. They make them because 1). The people who make them are making a boatload of money doing it. 2). There are obviously a ton of people who enjoy these types of movies and are paying to see them.

Do you still not understand why these actors can't "let go"?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

It just goes to show how unoriginal and repetitive Hollywood is. They're re-making remakes and creating "prequels", sequels 15 years later, et al. My real complaint is with the lack of well written, thoughtful or creative films there are. This issue just exacerbates the other. BTW, Arnie's new release is a huge flop, huzah.

Dobber Sports Pro

It just goes to show how unoriginal and repetitive Hollywood is. They're re-making remakes and creating "prequels", sequels 15 years later, et al. My real complaint is with the lack of well written, thoughtful or creative films there are. This issue just exacerbates the other. BTW, Arnie's new release is a huge flop, huzah.
    Just watched Looper for the first time tonight, the movie briefly brings up the fact that Hollywood has no new ideas. Can't blame the actors though, they just want to get paid.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Just watched Looper for the first time tonight, the movie briefly brings up the fact that Hollywood has no new ideas. Can't blame the actors though, they just want to get paid.
    I don't blame them very much. The problem is just that when my wife wants to go to the movies, it's a tragedy. We usually look over all of the recent releases and cringe.

Dobber Sports Star

I do get what you are saying. There is no doubt, a lot of these types of movies lack originality or good writing. I tend to not enjoy these types of movies, and it sounds like you don't either. I am not sure that I look at it the same way you do, however. I appreciate what these movies accomplish, and why some people are drawn to them. There are too many people out there who have the burden of their wife cheating on them, or their children don't listen to them, or they are on the verge of being fired from their job. They are willing to drop their $20 to see a movie where they can suspend their disbelief of the ridiculous writing. To them, these movies are fun and entertaining and over the top and they can forget about their real life problems for 2 hours while Arnie dishes out bad one-liners and bashes bad guys. That has value. Maybe not to me or you, but it does to a lot of people.

Even if you don't agree with it or appreciate it, can't you understand why there are some out there who do?

Rylant