Thread: Filatov

The Great One

Default Filatov

I read in the THN prospects guide that he has a higher upside than cherapanov and an actual work ethic to boot! I know transfer agreement rhetoric makes him a risk but I was just wondering if anyone had some insight on this guy...

jeff88_5

Default Filatov

From what I read and heard, he really seems to be willing to come to NA. He alread speaks English very well, and as you said, his work ethic seems excellant. I don\'t think he will fall \"a la Cherepanov\".

I...am your father.

Default Filatov

I don\'t think having a higher upside than Cherepanov is all that difficult. Cherry will be lucky to hit 80 points and couldn\'t possibly top 85. Filatov, being only 17/18 has a higher upside because we have not seen him long enough to nail down a ceiling for him.
    Bugg thinks Toronto could/will get him.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Filatov

I read an interview that was very promising for him coming over. Supposed to be very dynamic, lots of highlight reel breakaways on youtube. Looks kinda small but might be able to pavel bure his way past that.

I...am your father.

Default Filatov

If Toronto, Montreal or New York or some powerful team drafts him, then getting him over here will be zero problem
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Filatov

I think there is some top end teams that can pay for him... But it really comes down to if he wants to come here or not... Hence vancouvers problem trying to get Kirill Koltsov here... The Canucks are one of the top ten money making nhl teams if i\'m not mistaken... but for some reason they can not afford to pay Koltsov 4 mill a year... I\'m not sure Toronto would be the right team for him to goto.. with all that in fighting they have.. I\'m sure they will pass on him and take some player that does not have the same upside talent... Just look at how the draft went down last year... the leafs had plenty of opportunities to draft some of the big name russians from last year and did not... Whats to say they won\'t do the same thing this draft...

The Great One

Default Filatov

Just curious who they passed on. They didnt pick til the 3rd (74th overall)- what big names were really left?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Filatov

Maxim Mayorov, Ilja Kablukov, Mayorov was ranked in the first round and has huge upside.. if gets there who knows.. but the leafs had a chance to draft him and passed on him.. some feel his upside is better than cherrys... 2006 draft they passed on some big names also, Vishnevsky, Makarov, Alexandrov, yes that year they drafted tlusty who was considered one of the top 13 bluechippers, but alexandrov, makarov, and vishnevsky could have been top 15 picks if it was not for where they were born..

Dobber Sports Master

Default Filatov

From what I have read Filatov really wants to play in the NHL and he speaks english. I will draft him if he\'s available unless I get 1st overall (stamkos). I have no doubt he will make the trip over here.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Filatov

Crazynuck wrote:
    From what I have read Filatov really wants to play in the NHL and he speaks english. I will draft him if he\'s available unless I get 1st overall (stamkos). I have no doubt he will make the trip over here.
    That\'s my take on it too at the moment. My LWers (check team in sig) are weaker than my Dmen, so for me Filatov beats out Doughty and the other quality defensemen in this year\'s draft.

Fantasy-wise, how far ahead is Filatov compared to Hodgson?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Filatov

DAW wrote:
    I think there is some top end teams that can pay for him... But it really comes down to if he wants to come here or not... Hence vancouvers problem trying to get Kirill Koltsov here... The Canucks are one of the top ten money making nhl teams if i\'m not mistaken... but for some reason they can not afford to pay Koltsov 4 mill a year... I\'m not sure Toronto would be the right team for him to goto.. with all that in fighting they have.. I\'m sure they will pass on him and take some player that does not have the same upside talent... Just look at how the draft went down last year... the leafs had plenty of opportunities to draft some of the big name russians from last year and did not... Whats to say they won\'t do the same thing this draft...
    its the new reality - the top tier russians are worth 1st round picks, and everyone else who uses the cyrillic alphabet aren\'t. smart move toronto. if i had to make my 3rd round pick count because it was best i had, i wouldn\'t risk it on someone who can be paid more back home.

cherepanov is top tier, and almost certainly will be a decent nhler. so is filatov. no one was sure of mayorev; that is why he was a fourth rounder.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Filatov

I have no problem withthe leafs acquiring Filatov, there arent too many top end LW\'s in the game as it is so that would be a bonus. Although this seems to be a very deep draft for defensemen, and everybody could use a defensmen. Look at Nashville, they gutted their team at the end of last year and they are still competitive because of there depth at defense.
    My Football Pool
    12 team keeper league . Protect 5 .
    Start 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k
    Draft 15 rounds
    TD ONLY. td worth six points . Standard points for kicker.

Andrew Luck, MEGATRON, Dez Bryant, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin

My hockey pool - standard points 1 pnt goal/assist
    Start 12 F , 6D, 2G 1pnt goalie win/5 per shutout
    Keep any combo of 20
    15 reserves

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Filatov

I\'m starting to think I snapped at you leaf fans... It seems to me that every great player is either going to sign with you guys or is going to be drafted by you guys... I\'m a true Canucks fan here and it seems that tsn and cbc seem to always favor the leafs over other teams... Yes I do understand they are the second most valuable team in the NHL next to the rangers... Last month it was stamkos and this month its filatov,,, oh and the month before was Tavares...

Any ways sorry to all leaf fans... It just maybe me being a little jaded..