Thread: Draft Tomorrow...drafting order?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Draft Tomorrow...drafting order?

Everyone,
    I am in a league that heavily weighs the Multi-cat categories. My strategy for the first round is to go after a Stamkos, Ovie, Malkin, Crosby, etc. I'm in an 8 team league so hopefully I draft high enough to get one of those. After that, all bets are off.

Should I focus on drafting stars or jump straight to it drafting guys like Dustin Brown and Ryan Callahan in the second, third, etc rounds?

CC

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CarbombCarcillo View Post
    Everyone,
    I am in a league that heavily weighs the Multi-cat categories. My strategy for the first round is to go after a Stamkos, Ovie, Malkin, Crosby, etc. I'm in an 8 team league so hopefully I draft high enough to get one of those. After that, all bets are off.

Should I focus on drafting stars or jump straight to it drafting guys like Dustin Brown and Ryan Callahan in the second, third, etc rounds?

CC
    what do you mean heavily weighs the multi-cat categories

is it a points league

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

The Wolverine

You should specify H2H Points in your signature to make it clear.

You've also posted this in the keepers section but your signature is a one-year - please clarify.

Also, so we don't have to do the calculations, give us some examples of how players produce in your setup. Mention the top guys, some multi cat (Brown, Callahan etc), and some higher point producers that aren't big in hits (e.g. Eriksson, Spezza, Kessel etc)

Furthermore, how do other managers value those and other 'big name' players? Draft is a lot to do with perceived value, so even though certain players may be under/overvalued, it comes down to where you think you can draft them, and where others could take them as well. I seem to remember some guys like Brown/Callahan are among the highest producers in your league, especially with hits worth 1 point (!), so giving us as much info would be helpful so you can get the best advice. For league with different setups, it has to be made very clear up front.
    Last edited by horrorfan; January 17, 2013 at 7:47 AM.