Thread: Stafford/Lindback or Conacher/Hiller

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Stafford/Lindback or Conacher/Hiller

Almost sure now that Conacher plays 2nd line in TB with Vinny and Purcell. Should i drop someone (thinking about Stafford) to grab him?

Since they are both 2nd liner, who you think will do best? I'm on a salary cap league and Stafford is at 4M and Conacher at 0.8M.

With that move, i could drop Lindback and grab Hiller, seems like Garon will also have a good chance in TB... Or you guys think i should still hold on Lindback?

League stats in sig.

Thanks in advance!
    11-teams Keeper pool, points only (dynasty)
    12F, 3D, 2G
    Salary cap (player salaries): 75M / 3,56M actual cap space
    Skaters: G=1, A=1, Goalies: W=2, OTL=1, SO=3

F: T. Seguin, J. Benn, V. Tarasenko, N. Backstrom, N. MacKinnon, J. Huberdeau, M. Stone, M. Hoffman, D. Larkin, M. Domi, C. Dvorak, O. Bjorkstrand
    D: R. Josi, Z. Werenski, I. Provorov
    G: T. Rask, F. Andersen

Farm: A. Raanta, J. Slavin, J. Pavelski, S. Reinhart, I. Barbashev,

2015-2016 Champion
    2014-2015 Champion

Dobber Sports Veteran

It just depends if we're talking longer or short-term. In the long-run, I'd prefer Lindback over Hiller. Looking 2 to 3 years down the line, he has the potential and will be on a team with at least a star or two going forward. However in the short-run, Hiller will almost certainly play more and likely put up better numbers this season and possibly next too. At forward, it's tougher to say. Stafford has some proven scoring ability and while I do like Conacher a lot, it would have to be viewed as a risk (to say the least of it). Conacher's likely to be very boom or bust, as most small scorers are. It all hinges on how much risk you can take here.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm a Hiller guy, so I would definitely take the trade. Lindback will start for the Bolts, but Garon will dig into the games played total, and thus wins and potential shoutouts. Stafford is expendable when getting the better goalie, and shedding cap. Conacher could also have a nice season this year, so that's a plus as well.