Thread: Sam Gagner ... is it love?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Sam Gagner ... is it love?

He\'s starting to show some incredible glimpses of his amazing talent. It\'s showing up in the stats sheet, but if you watch him play, he thinks on such a different level, and his passes are some of the best ive seen from someone not even 19 yet lol.

Tonights performance of 1g 2a was outstanding, his pass to penner was beautiful.

So i\'m guessing im gonna buy his jersey when i make a bit more money!!! haha

To the oiler fans out there that have been watching him longer then I have (I can only stream games from hamilton area ) how\'s he looking to you?! think he has the potential to be a 90 + guy?
    H2H Keeper League, 16 teams, finished 2nd

Crosby, Gagner, Connolly, Moller, Couture
    Hemsky, Okposo, Stafford, Radulov
    Filatov, Raymond, Macarthur, S Kostitsyn, Tlusty, A Kostitsyn
    Seabrook, Franson, Carle, Letang, Yandle
    Garon, Rolo, JDD, Anderson
    Farm:
    JvR,Soderberg, Backlund, Helenius, Neuvirth, Varlamov, Dubnyk, J Boychuk, Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Gagnerific I\'m in the same boat as you... I think its love for me also... The guys just looks amazing at times which shocks me because i\'m not sure others see it in him also.. LOL... I started a post saying I think he has 100pt upside with the right players...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Is this love that I\'m feeling,
    Is this the love, that I\'ve been searching for
    Is this love or am I dreaming,
    This must be love,
    \'Cos it\'s really got a hold on me,
    A hold on me...

Whitesnake circa 1987
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gagner definitely looks to be at the very least a point a gamer. He\'s still available to be drafted in my pool next year, and I got my eye on him bigtime!! Does penner have a shot at being a consistent linemate of his from here on out?
    My Football Pool
    12 team keeper league . Protect 5 .
    Start 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te,1k
    Draft 15 rounds
    TD ONLY. td worth six points . Standard points for kicker.

Andrew Luck, MEGATRON, Dez Bryant, Lamar Miller, Doug Martin

My hockey pool - standard points 1 pnt goal/assist
    Start 12 F , 6D, 2G 1pnt goalie win/5 per shutout
    Keep any combo of 20
    15 reserves

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was at the Oiler game last night against Phoenix and made a point of watching Gagner as much as I could.

What really struck me is that his confidence is through the roof right now. So many times he was calling for pucks, \"attempting\" crazy moves through his feet and making very high level passes.

I really think this guy is the real deal. 100 points? I don\'t know about that - those are few and far between in this league. But 90 would be within reach I feel.

As for Penner he is just so slow. Or at least looks that way. But the great thing with him is that he doesn\'t need to be fast to be impossible to push off the puck and to park his butt in front of the net. If he can do those two things effectively then he\'ll be a 30+ goal scorer for a few years running. I don\'t see him being much more then that regardless of what linemates he ends up with.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

YESS!! im not alone! I just bought a signed jersey of his i love this kid! i watched him play against the greyhounds last year in the playoffs and man i fell in love with him that game, he just fed kane beautiful passes it was amazing.

awesome info on watching him play!! hopefully he comes to toronto or buffalo next year with the new schedule so i can watch him play!!
    H2H Keeper League, 16 teams, finished 2nd

Crosby, Gagner, Connolly, Moller, Couture
    Hemsky, Okposo, Stafford, Radulov
    Filatov, Raymond, Macarthur, S Kostitsyn, Tlusty, A Kostitsyn
    Seabrook, Franson, Carle, Letang, Yandle
    Garon, Rolo, JDD, Anderson
    Farm:
    JvR,Soderberg, Backlund, Helenius, Neuvirth, Varlamov, Dubnyk, J Boychuk, Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Pro

I love him because in year two I was hoping to find some good assist guys to go with my goal scorers. His passing to me is Forsbergian. To me his test to reach 100 is whether he can pot the 30 goals or so that will be needed to get there (more than likely). I think he has the chance to do it once or twice but don\'t see that for a few more years. To me I am really counting the second half as the representation of the real him, now that he has the ice and the clock you can see he really knows how to use it.

Only guy hotter on my team over the last month is some guy named IginlaB)
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Ace

Oilers are rolling now and should be for the next couple of seasons. Gagne, Cogs, and Nilson have been stepping it up with Horcoff, Souray, and team captain Moreau out of the line up. The future looks great.

It will be interesting to see how ice time changes once everyone gets healthy. The top PP unit in the past has consisted of Horcoff, Hemsky, Penner, Pitkanen, and Souray. Who will get bumped for Gagne? Will Gagne be on the top line? I think it may take another season or two in order to grow into a higher point producer. Also, Edmonton will need some goal scorers with Hemsky and Gagne always passing first and shooting second.

Bottom line I got nothing but love for Gagne!
    Member of OCHA