Thread: Gaborik FOR Taresenko & Brunner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Gaborik FOR Taresenko & Brunner

I am in a deep 20 team Yahoo keeper league. Points format, not Head to Head. I have slowely been building up my team, which was awful when I inherited it 5 years ago, Obviously this team below will not win my league this year.....so I was thinking of moving Gaborik (Eberle has already passed him on my depth chart) for a nice return. We keep 10 players yearly in our league so 200 players are off the board when we start drafting the following year. Meaning the first rd picks usually go twards rookies and top drafted nhl studs. Example (McKinnon and Jones) with this deal I would have 4 picks in the first 2 rds next year.

Been offered the following,

I GET:
    RW - V.Taresenko (STL) (really like this kid, huge future!!!)
    RW - D.Brunner (DET) (has been golden with Zetterberg in Swiss league)
    1st rd pick (2013/14)
    2nd rd pick (2013/14)

I MOVE:
    RW - M.Gaborik (NYR)
    7th rd pick (2013/14)
    14th rd pick (2013/14)

the 1st rd. pick is very intreguing as this owner doesn't have a power house team on paper, and that pick could turn into McKinnon or Seth Jones, since our league is so deep and we protect atleast 10 players each. Usually 1st rd picks go towards top prospects.

As for Gaborik I feel he is slowley declining (injury concerns) especially with big Dog Nash aboard. Maybe Gaborik is worth more?

Thoughts on the deal?

My Roster:
    C - Datsyuk/Duchene/Gagner/Kreider/Tatar/Nyquist
    LW - Parise/Lupul/Penner/Hartikainen/Paajarvi
    RW - Eberle/Gaborik/Brouwer
    D - Pietrangelo/Kronwall/Timonen/Petry/Ericsson/Vlasic/Barrie/Gormley
    G - Howard/Dubnyk/Khabibulin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It really depends on how many you have to play. If you only play 2 rw in a week, then you may be better off with Gaborik. If it's more than 2, I'd probably take it. As both are probably going to be much better than Brower.
    H2H CONTRACT
    C - Larkin 1, MacKinnon 1, Hischier 2
    W- Pastranak 1, Kreider1, Benn 1, Schmaltz 1,Teravinen 2, Skinner1, T. Moore [color=red]2[/color
    D - Toews 2, DeAngelo 3, Faulk 2, Morrissey 1Spence 4, Marino 1, Mike Reilly 1
    G- Hill 1Jarry 3Vanecek 4
    MINORS- Slafkovsky, Wallstedt, Gauthier, O. Moore

SKATER +-/G/A/SOG/blocks
    GOALIE GAA/W/S

Playing roster: 2C,3W,1F,4D,1G

* length of contract

Dobber Sports Ace

Agree to this deal as fast as you can!!!

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't know, you're trading the best player in the deal (Gaborik) for two players who haven't played at the NHL level and a couple of draft picks.

Gaborik is pretty clearly a keeper for you right now, but there's no gaurantee Tarasenko, Brunner or any of the picks ever will be. I would be inclined to keep Gaborik and see how he does this year. Ya he can be injury prone, but he can also be an unbelievable PPG sniper when healthy.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd recommend looking at this deal as a Gabby for Tarasenko. Brunner could end up being as big a bust as he's thought to be a potential benficiary to playing with Zetteberg. If you're happy giving up Gabby with the youth movement of Tarasenko...then make the move and see if the Brunner cookie has a fortune in it. But I wouldn't consider Brunner a reason to move Gabby.