Poll: Which of these RD's gets the most points this season?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which of these RD's gets the most points this season?

Dobber Sports Icon

Give me Doughty with AP as a close 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    all that i learned is that it is okay to hype doughty because of one great season three years ago, but you can't hype AP because he was great last season. one good season three years ago is obviously worth more than a good one last season. makes total sense. both these guys have one forty point season under their belt and they both have one fifity point season under their belt, they are both two of the premier talents at their positions currently inthe game.... but doughty is obviously so much more proven... probably learned this in a logic class at that same university you took statistics at, hey dyz...
    I don't think anyone's hype-ing Doughty, and discounting his 40pt year is a bit dishonest dontcha think? Out of 200+ dmen 15 earned 40 or more last season. We tend to get spoiled by the 50, 60 pt dmen and take for granted what it takes to get to that level. Remember when Green hit 70? We all started throwing names around as if 70 was was a sure bet for each subsequent year.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

I voted doughty but to stir the pot a bit I too find it surprising that a Dman with the lowest "best season" of the 4 is the runaway winner in the poll. All four are studs and all 4 could end up within 5 points of each other especially in a shortened season.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Welcome back dyz you scrub.

Banned

First vote for Weber

Dobber Sports Ace

I liked reading this thread so far... interesting...

I also had Statistics in College/University, and the problem with the arguments here are that we are assigning mathematical value to the term "close"... "If this were a close race"... the closeness of the race is evident through the langauge of the posts and the projected numbers (the projections are close, not the poll result.

Personally, I have a feeling DD beats these guys because the "hangover" is meaningless since these guys could have been beaching it for the last 6 months... and Doughty had some VERY serious off ice issues and possibly a concussion somewhere in the mix over the last two seasons. He is passed those now, and so what was 3 years ago might as well be today in terms of how Doughty can be projected IMO.

AP is the talk of the town... he has the best campaign right now, so he gets the popular vote - AP for President!

Weber and Buff have other issues that keep them off the mark a bit, but if this is how you project them...

AP = 54
    DD = 52
    Buffy = 50
    Weber = 46

Well, then I guess I am voting AP. And if most of those who voted write a projection down that looks similar to this above (even slightly), the votes will overwhelmingly be AP... so what you have is a Poll that seems lopsided despite a very tight stastical projection (54, 52, 50, 46).
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)