Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Griffin Reinhart 4 game IIHF suspension

Dobber Sports Ninja

Unless there is a fancy video to go along with their really lame explanations then I can't be bothered to incease the amount of mocking I can partake in.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    Reuben - not trying to crap on you (or your history/time on this forum) but honestly, if you are going to continue to say things like "Most comments basically said they couldn't believe Reinhart was getting hosed with a four game ban" be prepared to back it up. In pretty much every corner of the world MOST means MAJORITY. Do the math for us. Tell me who the "bunch of guys" are who said Reinhart got "hosed".

As far as not using my name, not offended at all - I only see this as another example of lack of effort.
    How much work do you want me to do? Or are you just convinced I wrote something without thinking? Or maybe you just think your opinion is more important than mine...

Let's start with the first page:

Lawman: "Personally I think 4 games is pretty excessive"..."his stick "rides up" Trochek's stick."

Chili (which is YOU): "It certainly looks bad in real time, but you're right, if you watch the replay from the board side camera (around the 36 second mark) it is clear his stick rides up the other players stick. Not sure how you do that intentionally. " I interpret this as saying the suspension was incorrect. Maybe I mis-read your comment

Ericdaoust: This one agrees with the suspension. "There is no reason for him to slash anyone in that instance so I don't mind seeing some consequences"

Lawman (again): "However when reviewing for suspensions intent is usually a large part and I don't see intent, or even reckless disregard for safety here, just a slash that took a bad bounce"

Ericdaoust (again): "he still made the decision to swing the stick"

Metaldude: just a comment about Reinhart and next year's WJHC.

Doulous: "The IIHF is just trying to respond to criticisms and be more like the NHL in it's inconsistent suspension rules. This makes no sense"

Lawman (take 3): "And I agree with you that there needs to be a consequence, but I think the 2 minute penalty was all that was necessary."

Doulos (again): commenting on metaldude's question about eligibility

HockeymanG23: "It looked bad for sure, but I didn't see any malice or injury on the play. I'm actually surprised he got anything more than his time in the penalty box so four games seems quite excessive"

So I've got 4 guys not liking the suspension (including you, which I may have misinterpreted), one guy saying it's okay (ericdaoust), and one guy (metaldude) talking about Reinhart's future WJHC eligibility.

4 out of 6 posters is a majority...and given some had multiple posts, you can see that the majority of the posts on the first page thought the suspension was too much.

I apologize if my perceived lack of effort offended you - although I think I've proven I didn't just write a bunch of crap without thinking first.

But let's end this debate now.

As you were, sir.
    Last edited by Reuben; January 5, 2013 at 5:08 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Maybe I mis-read your comment
    You did - but agreed, let's move on.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hmm , honesty is the best policy...I'm the 1st to admit , as I've done many times on this site , I'm no hockey expert but , some of you people must be on crack or are such "homers" that you refuse to admit the truth.
    Watch the replay , watch , no weay des Reinharts' stick ride up the other players shaft!
    He atempts to take a swing at trhe puck , he , imo , seem,sd to realize the puck isn't there yet follows through with the shot and unfortunately the other plasyer gets in a posistion where his head becomes the contact point of Reinharts' stick.
    I'll assume my opinmion doesn't count to some of you as it wasn't included in the "list".
    Nlow I know I can be stubborn when I think I';m right but , watch the replay , it's obvious what took place.I admit Reinhart didn't intend on hitting the American player in the head but , again imo he intyended to hit him in the lower body or/and get a shot towards the front of the net.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack