Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pick One

Dobber Sports Guru

Buffalo -- Leino
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Rusty Olesz should be automatic buyout for Chicago.
    You're right. I forgot that Olesz is due in 2013-2014 too.

Player 1- Olesz
    Player 2- Montador

Somebody said Hossa. No way they pay him that much money not to play. Besides, Hossa's contract drops to 1 M in 2017-2018 when he is is 38 so he'll probably just retire.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    You're right. I forgot that Olesz is due in 2013-2014 too.

Player 1- Olesz
    Player 2- Montador

Somebody said Hossa. No way they pay him that much money not to play. Besides, Hossa's contract drops to 1 M in 2017-2018 when he is is 38 so he'll probably just retire.
    I'm the one thatv said Hossa. The Blackhawks need cap space. A chance to save $5,275,000 in cap space each year for the next eight years. He'll actually be 41 at the time his contract is up, so if Hossa does play the whole time, that's a good chunk of change for a guy who injured often.

The Hawks have $57 million committed already for the 2013-14 season (that doesn't include Olesz), in 10 forwards, six defencemen and one goalie. And they will have to re-sign Leddy, and Rozsival if they choose to keep him.

I also never believe in the whole "He's making $1 million, so he'll retire" thing. A bunch of guys have made less money at the end of their deals but still play (Alfie being the most recent example). So until he retires, I wouldn't count on it.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I'm the one thatv said Hossa. The Blackhawks need cap space. A chance to save $5,275,000 in cap space each year for the next eight years. He'll actually be 41 at the time his contract is up, so if Hossa does play the whole time, that's a good chunk of change for a guy who injured often.

The Hawks have $57 million committed already for the 2013-14 season (that doesn't include Olesz), in 10 forwards, six defencemen and one goalie. And they will have to re-sign Leddy, and Rozsival if they choose to keep him.

I also never believe in the whole "He's making $1 million, so he'll retire" thing. A bunch of guys have made less money at the end of their deals but still play (Alfie being the most recent example). So until he retires, I wouldn't count on it.
    newf- If the Hawks pick Hossa how much of the contract do they have to pay out? I know with the NBA, the team has to pay the entire contract of the player. If it's the total amount, do you see any way the Hawks pay that much money for Hossa? Last year, I was happy when Hawks traded Campbell but they didn't replace his contract. Granted, they were paying Olesz and Huet but they were roughly 4 m under the cap last year.

And you're right that Hossa might not retire at 38 but he would be desirable to a team trying to get to the salary cap floor with his 5.2 M sal cap hit but a 1 M salary.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Minnesota - Ryan Suter and Zach Parise

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Minnesota - Ryan Suter and Zach Parise
    Ha! I thought that too.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    newf- If the Hawks pick Hossa how much of the contract do they have to pay out? I know with the NBA, the team has to pay the entire contract of the player. If it's the total amount, do you see any way the Hawks pay that much money for Hossa? Last year, I was happy when Hawks traded Campbell but they didn't replace his contract. Granted, they were paying Olesz and Huet but they were roughly 4 m under the cap last year.

And you're right that Hossa might not retire at 38 but he would be desirable to a team trying to get to the salary cap floor with his 5.2 M sal cap hit but a 1 M salary.
    Two thirds of the remaining salary has been standard so far, one third if the player is under 25 or something like that, but I think we've only had one or two buyouts like that so far (Bobby Butler if I'm not mistaken). No word on if that would be different with these compliance buyouts, so I will assume that it's still the same thing. What WOULD be different is how they count against the caps. A normal buyout would have a calculation on how much the cap savings would be, I don't remember exactly, but we can ignore all that since the compliance buyouts wouldn't count against the cap at all.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hmmmmm, been wandering around the internet and I've seen quite a few people talk about how the Flyers might want to buy out Bryzgalov. My question is: Is that really realistic, considering what's left on his contract?

It would cost Snider 23.1 million dollars. The big question is time. Does anyone know how these buyouts work in terms of that? Standard buyouts so far has worked so that the buyout amount gets paid out over double the number of remaining years of the contract. Does anyone remember how the buyouts after the last lockout worked? Was that a one-time payment or spaced out over a long period of time?

The money alone to pay Bryz for NOT playing for you is hefty to say the least, even if it's spaced out over 14 years or whatever the total would be. If it's a one-time payment, does Snider/Holmgren really do that?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    The big question is time. Does anyone know how these buyouts work in terms of that? Standard buyouts so far has worked so that the buyout amount gets paid out over double the number of remaining years of the contract. Does anyone remember how the buyouts after the last lockout worked? Was that a one-time payment or spaced out over a long period of time?
    I believe the compliance buyout amount is to be paid over the course of the remaining years in the contract being bought out. So if there's 8 years left, the buyout amount is to be paid over the course of 8 years.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    I wonder if Boston is going to buy out Marc Savard and Philly Chris Pronger? They could probably get their salaries from insurance companies if they keep them on IR but if they buy them out they'll be the ones paying their salaries. But there might be the risk of their cap hits counting against the cap if they retire early (it would depend what the rules in the new CBA say about this but it's my understanding NHL would want it this way). And can they even buy them out or will there be some clause to prevent buying out injured players? Interesting situations.
    I'm pretty sure that there is a clause that prevents teams from buying out injured players. I can't remember where I saw it but I know that I did.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".