Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The Classic: A New One-Year League

Dobber Sports Monster

Would love to see a breakdown of the draft results!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Here's the top 8 (4F/2D/1G +1 more) for all 20 teams:
    POINTS-ONLY LEAGUE: G=1,A=1,W=2,SO=3.
    Roster Positions (Daily): 6F/4D/1G + 3BN
    There is a max GP = 48... so

In order of #1 pick to #20 pick:

Hull & Oates: Stamkos/Hartnell/Lucic/Granlund + JJ/Wiz + Howard/Varly
    S.H.Montoya: Malkin/MSL/Benn/Pavelski + Goli/OEL + EDM Platoon
    Vesa Toskala: Crosby/RNH/Ribs/Stepan + Suter/Phaneuf/Schultz + Mike Smith
    Led Zelepukin: E.Kane/Semin/Marchand/Okpo + Weber/AP + Lundqvist
    BollRome Bitz: Kessel/B.Rich/Duchene/Skinner/Yak + Markov/Bogo + LA Platoon

SweetChara: Ovechkin/Kopitar/MaxPac/Moulson + Gio/Pitkanen + Ryan Miller
    Simon & Buff: Giroux/M.Rich/Brown/J.Williams + Doughty/Voynov + Niemi/Harding
    Nolan Stones: D.Sedin/Z'berg/Heatley/Backes + Timonen/Garrison + Price
    Stepanwolf: JTavares/JToews/JThornton/Ryan + Burns/Ehrhoff + Luongo/Brodeur
    BobMarleau: C.Perry/Getzlaf/Perron/JVR + ShattenK/M.Green + Lehtonen/Lindback

LaBarbO'Reilly: Iginla/M.Koivu/Wheeler/Flash + Karlsson/Streit + Bryz/Hiller
    Kiss AC/DC: J.Neal/Eberle/Eriksson/J.Staal + J.Faulk/Josi + Kipper/Anderson
    CareyOnSon: Parise/Kovy/Gaborik/Landeskog + Gonchar/McDonagh + STL Platoon
    CrosbyStaalNash: H.Sedin/Datsyuk/Hossa/J.Carter + Keith/Kronwall + NBack/Neuvirth
    HighwayToHelm: E.Staal/Hall/Marleau/Stastny + MDZ/Wideman + Rinne/Theodore

HARTbreakers: Spezza/Vanek/Voracek/Callahan + Letang/Kulikov + Holtby/Crawford
    FehrReaper: N.Backs/P.Kane/Selanne/Lupul + Boyle/Soupy/Subban + Nabby & the 3 Backups
    BlueOvieCult: Sharp/Pominv/Purcell/Simmonds + Buff/Hamonic + MAF/Schneider
    TragicallyYip: Burrows/Kunitz/Booth + Yandle/Edler/Carle/Carlson + Ward/Rask
    KubaMissile: Nash/Seguin/Couture/Briere + Chara/Myers + Pavelec

Personally, I think the top three are:
    1. Stepanwolf
    2. LaBarbera O'Reilly
    3. CareyOnMyWaywardSon

Considering these are some of the best team names too... it might be fitting if they did well!

Amazing draft.
    20 teams x 14 players = 280 picks in just 1hr 30min.
    That's a pick rate of under 20 seconds per pick!!!
    Last edited by Pengwin7; January 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Definitely a quick and exciting draft. The inevitable goalie run kinda messed me up. Couldn't pass on Datsyuk in the 2nd round. Agree that Stepanwolf and my buddy CareyOn... had very solid drafts, but I don't see what's so great about Labarbera O'Reilly looking at his full roster, a large chunk of the team is relying on bouncebacks and breakouts.
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Bnhershy View Post
    Definitely a quick and exciting draft. The inevitable goalie run kinda messed me up. Couldn't pass on Datsyuk in the 2nd round. Agree that Stepanwolf and my buddy CareyOn... had very solid drafts, but I don't see what's so great about Labarbera O'Reilly looking at his full roster, a large chunk of the team is relying on bouncebacks and breakouts.
    Are you criticising my team? jk

Fair points - there is some risk and I did that on purpose. As I was going, if I had a position I did look for safer players but sometimes tried to focus on players that would have prime ice time/opportunity on their respective clubs to do well (e.g. not as buried by depth etc). If most pan out and stay healthy, then I hope to contend. But you never know.

Things I need / would like from my players:

- Karlsson to have as good a season as last year, to offset my weaker depth
    - Iginla not to start slowly and click with Tanguay
    - Koivu to stay healthy
    - Streit to be the Streit of old
    - Wheeler / Flash to show that last year was no fluke
    - Ennis / Zajac to be number one centres (or on top line) for most of the season, which ensures top PP time
    - Johnson to improve to 35 points full season pro-rated
    - For Zidlicky to bomb so Larsson can get better PP minutes
    - For Philadelphia and Anaheim to have limited schedule conflicts so I can maximise my goalie games without too much decision making on whom to start

That's all.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Stepanwolf: JTavares/JToews/JThornton/Ryan + Burns/Ehrhoff + Luongo/Brodeur
    Kiss AC/DC: J.Neal/Eberle/Eriksson/J.Staal + J.Faulk/Josi + Kipper/Anderson
    CareyOnSon: Parise/Kovy/Gaborik/Landeskog + Gonchar/McDonagh + STL Platoon

1. Stepanwolf
    2. LaBarbera O'Reilly
    3. CareyOnMyWaywardSon

Considering these are some of the best team names too... it might be fitting if they did well!
    I agree that these are solid teams. All three, if I remember correctly, waited quite awhile to get their goalies too. Although every starting goalie (and more) were grabbed, there was still pretty good value later in the draft. Good gamble by these three squads.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Wolverine

Here's my full squad for info:

La Barbera O'Reilly

F: Iginla, M.Koivu, Wheeler, Fleischmann, Ennis, Zajac, Brassard
    D: Karlsson, Streit, E.Johnson, Larsson, Robidas
    G: Bryzgalov, Hiller

Generally happy with how the draft went and who I wanted to pick (other than a few queue adjustments). I took a few risks but it's a fun league so what the heck. One regret was picking Fleischmann instead of getting my third D, with Giordano still available. Plenty of decent forwards were still available but productive defensemen were starting to thin out. Oh well, time will tell.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Here's what I came away from the draft table with...

F- E.Staal/Hall/Marleau/Stastny/Filppula/Morrow/Galchenyuk
    D- MDZ/Fowler/Wideman/Girardi/Niskanen
    G- Rinne/Theodore

I made up my mind from the minute I signed up that I was just going to come into the draft and wing it. As HF mentioned in an earlier post, I too want to do good in this league. But at the end of the day I see this as fun and casual so no need to get all anal about draft prep like I do with more serious leagues.

That said as the draft unfolded I noticed some patterns that I was using. Hall, Stastny, Fowler, Wideman, and Niskanen are all players I have on my UHL dynasty team. Staal, Rinne, and Marleau are all players who have been common denominators in lots of one year leagues for me over the years.

If there's one pick I truly regret now, it's Theodore. I missed the earlier run on second goalies so I missed the boat on having a top shelf backup, and Nabby was still on the board when I made that pick. Not the end of the world but certainly could come back round to bite me.

Gally was my shot in the dark, hail mary, final pick. May be something comes of it right out of the box if not no biggy, catch and release to use a fishing metaphor.

The other noticeable theme here is all the guys that could be in line for a rebound or ready to take a step forward. Staal has more weapons around him, the question now is how much he benefits. Morrow has been my favorite late round flier this season as he's been written off after last years dismal season. Stastny and Fowler should be primed to rebound, and with no +/- to worry about Fowler isn't near the liability he might otherwise be. If Hall beats the injury bug he should be huge. MDZ could potentially step it up another notch.

The long and short of it, my team is going to be boom or bust. It's either going to succeed big time or flame out spectacularly.
    Last edited by NoWayOut; January 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ug, my unorthodox strat doesnt work if schnieds is on the bench, i must have forgot to click update and he gets a shutout. isnt that always the way it happens, sigh.
    I'm still on top but reaaaallly needed that 5 points, not sure why the update didnt take.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

After 1 week:
    League ranks added.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    T-6th: Hull & Oates: Stamkos/Hartnell/Lucic/Granlund + JJ/Wiz + Howard/Varly
    1st: S.H.Montoya: Malkin/MSL/Benn/Pavelski + Goli/OEL + EDM Platoon
    T-8th: Vesa Toskala: Crosby/RNH/Ribs/Stepan + Suter/Phaneuf/Schultz + Mike Smith
    T-14th: Led Zelepukin: E.Kane/Semin/Marchand/Okpo + Weber/AP + Lundqvist
    13th: BollRome Bitz: Kessel/B.Rich/Duchene/Skinner/Yak + Markov/Bogo + LA Platoon

T-11th: SweetChara: Ovechkin/Kopitar/MaxPac/Moulson + Gio/Pitkanen + Ryan Miller
    Last: Simon & Buff (renamed as "Dwight Kings of Leon"): Giroux/M.Rich/Brown/J.Williams + Doughty/Voynov + Niemi/Harding
    T-8th: Nolan Stones: D.Sedin/Z'berg/Heatley/Backes + Timonen/Garrison + Price
    4th: Stepanwolf: JTavares/JToews/JThornton/Ryan + Burns/Ehrhoff + Luongo/Brodeur
    T-6th: BobMarleau: C.Perry/Getzlaf/Perron/JVR + ShattenK/M.Green + Lehtonen/Lindback

T-14th: LaBarbO'Reilly: Iginla/M.Koivu/Wheeler/Flash + Karlsson/Streit + Bryz/Hiller
    T-18th: Kiss AC/DC: J.Neal/Eberle/Eriksson/J.Staal + J.Faulk/Josi + Kipper/Anderson
    3rd: CareyOnSon: Parise/Kovy/Gaborik/Landeskog + Gonchar/McDonagh + STL Platoon
    T-11th: CrosbyStaalNash: H.Sedin/Datsyuk/Hossa/J.Carter + Keith/Kronwall + NBack/Neuvirth
    10th: HighwayToHelm: E.Staal/Hall/Marleau/Stastny + MDZ/Wideman + Rinne/Theodore

16th: HARTbreakers: Spezza/Vanek/Voracek/Callahan + Letang/Kulikov + Holtby/Crawford
    T-4th: FehrReaper: N.Backs/P.Kane/Selanne/Lupul + Boyle/Soupy/Subban + Nabby & the 3 Backups
    2nd: BlueOvieCult: Sharp/Pominv/Purcell/Simmonds + Buff/Hamonic + MAF/Schneider
    17th: TragicallyYip: Burrows/Kunitz/Booth + Yandle/Edler/Carle/Carlson + Ward/Rask
    T-18th: KubaMissile: Nash/Seguin/Couture/Briere + Chara/Myers + Pavelec

1. Stepanwolf (T-4th)
    2. LaBarbera O'Reilly (T-14th)
    3. CareyOnMyWaywardSon (3rd)
    Updated, Jan 29th.

Dobber Sports Master

I'm inching my way out of the basement and into mediocrity

Dobber Sports Monster

Haven't lived up to my #1 billing just yet, but I'm hanging up there at the top! Burns and Kesler on the way too which should provide a nice boost. (Stepanwolf)

Dobber Sports Guru

Spezza killed what were alrready iffy chances for me. Ugh.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

The Wolverine

Glad I'm living up to your projections Pengwin.

Who knows, once some of the numbers normalise and Iggy goes on a tear I might be able to crack the top third, even top five. Oh and Philly to start winning!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

how does it feel everyone, vesa toskala is in first place. muahah

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    how does it feel everyone, vesa toskala is in first place. muahah
    Your forwards are +33 games over pace and this is a maximum games played per position league. You'll finish no higher than 5th.
    Enjoy it while it lasts.