Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Matt Duchene - upside still there?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kesler is garbage compared to Duchene.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Thanks for the input guys - just pulled the trigger, Kesler and Schroeder for Duchene and Pirri. The guy wasn't letting go of Jensen unfortunately.
    I LOVE the Pirri / Schroeder trade off as well. This deal is WIN for you! Nice job.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Thanks for the input guys - just pulled the trigger, Kesler and Schroeder for Duchene and Pirri. The guy wasn't letting go of Jensen unfortunately.
    Dealing with a Canucks fan apparently.

Very nice deal for you.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Kesler is garbage compared to Duchene.
    Sorry man. In a multi-category league, that is not true. The only thing that would put Duchene over Kesler for me is Kesler's injury problems. Otherwise, I'd take the multi-cat beast in Kesler every day.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    Sorry man. In a multi-category league, that is not true. The only thing that would put Duchene over Kesler for me is Kesler's injury problems. Otherwise, I'd take the multi-cat beast in Kesler every day.
    Yeah with hits, defensive ability and leadership its closer than most would think - though eventually I think MD will have good leadership ratings.

Along with the injury factor, age is also a major component of my thinking, with my team sucking so bad right now and the majority of my players 25 or under.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah with hits, defensive ability and leadership its closer than most would think - though eventually I think MD will have good leadership ratings.

Along with the injury factor, age is also a major component of my thinking, with my team sucking so bad right now and the majority of my players 25 or under.
    Age is definitely important. Especially when put into the context of a team's age. Considering all circumstances, I think Duchene is a return on Kesler. You can't ignore all the factors (injury, age, etc).

UDL Western Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Colorado has a serious lack of offensive talent currently. They'll fix that eventually simply through UFA signings and development of Elliott. Long term, they'll be OK. Short-term, without a solid center to play with Duchene will probably be closer to the low 60s.
    I have no idea what a sim league is or how it operates, but I generally agree with P7 on the above 100%. And if it's multi-cat, including hits I take Kesler. Beats Duchene in PPG, Hits, PIMs, SOG.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    Fair enough but I make a point of factoring injuries into my prediction. Kesler had a really bad hip injury and a really bad shoulder injury both of which have dragged on. I don't think he's ever going to be the same player again.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Fair enough but I make a point of factoring injuries into my prediction. Kesler had a really bad hip injury and a really bad shoulder injury both of which have dragged on. I don't think he's ever going to be the same player again.
    He might not be, but we have no way to know. There have been players that have come back from injury to play quite well. Last year he was playing hurt, so we really have no idea how he'll play once he comes back after fully healing. Will be interesting nonetheless.

UDL Western Kings