Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: For Xmas, my wife wants me to have a Vasectomy!

Dobber Sports Deity

I can only speak from my own personal experience but heres what I remember (my vasectomy was 9 yrs ago).

First off its a day surgery and you are awake for the entire procedure. They will tell you to shave down there before you go in. They dont want to work through your jungle. When you go in, they freeze it by giving you a needle in your balls. They make a small incision and then they clamp the vein that your swimmers flow through. They then cut it, and this is the important part, make sure they dont just sew them, you actually want them to cauterize the two ends of the vein. I have heard from many that if they simply sew the veins two ends, they have a greater tendency to rejoin down the road. You have to stress this. I asked about this during my last meeting with the Doc prior to the surgery and they said they cauterize it, then once I was in the actual surgery they said they simply sew it. I told them I didnt want them to sew it, but cauterize the vein. They did. Then the stitch up the small incision and you are out and on your way.

A few things. First off, even with the freezing, I felt a fair bit of discomfort when they clamped the vein. It was like I was kicked in the junk and I felt it right up through my guts. Not comfy. That was the only part of the surgery that actually gave me any discomfort.

As far as post surgery, I didnt have any issues. I kept the bad of frozen peas on my boys and followed the directions of the Drs. I know a few guys who have had post surgery infections and abnormal swelling. I am going to assume those guys didnt follow the Drs advice. Do what the Doc says to do and you shouldnt have any issues.

All in all, it wasnt that bad. I no longer have to worry about knocking up my wife and I no longer have to worry about slipping anything on prior to getting it on. Everything still works the same down there as if you had never had any surgery after the fact. The best part is you can now "freelance" with no fear of knocking anyone up!

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away and I will do my best to answer. Good luck!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

She better be taking you to BJ city once a week. That town is great!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Genius

Ok , I've gotta ask , and I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a "redneck" but , I assume that after this procedure you no longer ejaculate.If that's the case , does it feel different for the man , because it must be different for the women as she would not feel you "burst" inside her when you climax.
    F@#k , man that sounds f@#ked up but , I'm sorry enquiring minds want to know!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I can only speak from my own personal experience but heres what I remember (my vasectomy was 9 yrs ago).

First off its a day surgery and you are awake for the entire procedure. They will tell you to shave down there before you go in. They dont want to work through your jungle. When you go in, they freeze it by giving you a needle in your balls. They make a small incision and then they clamp the vein that your swimmers flow through. They then cut it, and this is the important part, make sure they dont just sew them, you actually want them to cauterize the two ends of the vein. I have heard from many that if they simply sew the veins two ends, they have a greater tendency to rejoin down the road. You have to stress this. I asked about this during my last meeting with the Doc prior to the surgery and they said they cauterize it, then once I was in the actual surgery they said they simply sew it. I told them I didnt want them to sew it, but cauterize the vein. They did. Then the stitch up the small incision and you are out and on your way.

A few things. First off, even with the freezing, I felt a fair bit of discomfort when they clamped the vein. It was like I was kicked in the junk and I felt it right up through my guts. Not comfy. That was the only part of the surgery that actually gave me any discomfort.

As far as post surgery, I didnt have any issues. I kept the bad of frozen peas on my boys and followed the directions of the Drs. I know a few guys who have had post surgery infections and abnormal swelling. I am going to assume those guys didnt follow the Drs advice. Do what the Doc says to do and you shouldnt have any issues.

All in all, it wasnt that bad. I no longer have to worry about knocking up my wife and I no longer have to worry about slipping anything on prior to getting it on. Everything still works the same down there as if you had never had any surgery after the fact. The best part is you can now "freelance" with no fear of knocking anyone up!

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away and I will do my best to answer. Good luck!
    Oh, geeeeeez! I stopped reading after the "needle in balls" part. Man, I'd go back to the wife and tell her what I want for X-mas is her getting her menopause. Problem solved!

Dobber Sports Genius

"Thunder"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

Dobber Sports Genius

Thunder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Dobber Sports Wizard

This thread is going down....hill.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    She better be taking you to BJ city once a week. That town is great!
    New solution. Skip the procedure and simply take more trips to BJ city. Two birds, one stone.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by smoothfun View Post
    Ok , I've gotta ask , and I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a "redneck" but , I assume that after this procedure you no longer ejaculate.If that's the case , does it feel different for the man , because it must be different for the women as she would not feel you "burst" inside her when you climax.
    F@#k , man that sounds f@#ked up but , I'm sorry enquiring minds want to know!
    Once you are ready to climb back on the saddle, everything works the same as it prior to the operation. At least it always has for me. No delay in the gun and yes the bullets still come out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Cool

You guys F'in kill me!
    Come on Axeman, you don't get the needle in your balls, and yes you still ejaculate! Just you don't have any swimmers.
    My wife and I had 3 pregnancies, and each one had a separate insane problem. I told her after the third, I was going down to emerge, and if I had to do it with a pair of bricks, I was done.
    After all anyone who has been involved, or sees what a woman goes through during pregnancy and birth, having your vas deferens snipped isn't a big deal. Axeman got pretty much all of it right. The needle does go into your sack to freeze the area and he has to do both sides. So he freezes each separatly.
    I could write a book on my complications. Asthe doctor who has my junk in his hands he is explaining to his nurse that the night before he was up playing poker with his buddies, and that day was his birthday.he booked all his patients back to back to back so he could get to the golf course. I sould of known I was in trouble.
    He does one side, a little discomfort, nothing crazy besides the smell of the burning of the cord.
    No problem all is good. He goes to freeze me on the other side, and I feel the jab. He asks what's wrong? I say, " I think you hit a nut" he says I am crazy, but I just had the other side done so I should know how it feels. All the rest goes as planned, frozen bag of peas and rest for what they tell you.
    In Barrie they do them on a Thursday, so you are not off for to long. By Sunday I am at emerge with a massive pair of Elephant testicles. Suffice it to say I had 3 separate infections, and I won't bore you with the details. Ask around with your buddies, find out who is good. If you got the choice of the grizzled veteran compared to the young punk, I'd take the experience guy.
    I actually joked with my wife when I had to go make love to the cup, " with my luck it didn't work"' and I'd have to start over again.
    I hope I was the exception, but make sure you get the right guy. My guy never returned my calls to talk about my infections until I said I was getting a lawyer which I didn't do.
    When I had my meeting with him, he had the balls to tell me, " that's why I hate doing these things?"
    Good luck, but in the end as a supportive husband, suck it up and get it done.
    Put a big bow around them and tell her Merry Christmas, maybe she could make a pair of earrings out of them.
    Good luck
    16 team league, Weekly changes
    32 Players play 20, 2 Goalies, 6 Def, 12 Fwd
    2*G,1*a,+/-*.5,.2* pim
    4*W,-1*L,1*OTL,5*SO
    17 Keepers
    Keepers marked with*
    auto protect under 40 Games
    Goal
    Vejmelka, Markstrom, Forsberg, Alnefelt,
    Ukko-Pekka Luukkoonen
    Defence
    Slavin, Pietrangelo, Girard, Hague, Joseph,
    Matheson, Brannstrom, Jokiharju, Parayko
    Forward
    Gaudreau*, Tuch, Garland, Mangiapane, L’Hereux
    Aho*, McCann, Necas, Stephenson, Zacha,
    Marchessault*, Stone, Reilly Smith, Hall,
    Giroux, Landeskog, Rodrigues, Reilly Smith, Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Padawan

Talking

And yes, it is another slow hockey day.
    16 team league, Weekly changes
    32 Players play 20, 2 Goalies, 6 Def, 12 Fwd
    2*G,1*a,+/-*.5,.2* pim
    4*W,-1*L,1*OTL,5*SO
    17 Keepers
    Keepers marked with*
    auto protect under 40 Games
    Goal
    Vejmelka, Markstrom, Forsberg, Alnefelt,
    Ukko-Pekka Luukkoonen
    Defence
    Slavin, Pietrangelo, Girard, Hague, Joseph,
    Matheson, Brannstrom, Jokiharju, Parayko
    Forward
    Gaudreau*, Tuch, Garland, Mangiapane, L’Hereux
    Aho*, McCann, Necas, Stephenson, Zacha,
    Marchessault*, Stone, Reilly Smith, Hall,
    Giroux, Landeskog, Rodrigues, Reilly Smith, Yamamoto

Quote Originally Posted by JAC123 View Post
    You guys F'in kill me!
    Come on Axeman, you don't get the needle in your balls, and yes you still ejaculate! Just you don't have any swimmers.
    My wife and I had 3 pregnancies, and each one had a separate insane problem. I told her after the third, I was going down to emerge, and if I had to do it with a pair of bricks, I was done.
    After all anyone who has been involved, or sees what a woman goes through during pregnancy and birth, having your vas deferens snipped isn't a big deal. Axeman got pretty much all of it right. The needle does go into your sack to freeze the area and he has to do both sides. So he freezes each separatly.
    I could write a book on my complications. Asthe doctor who has my junk in his hands he is explaining to his nurse that the night before he was up playing poker with his buddies, and that day was his birthday.he booked all his patients back to back to back so he could get to the golf course. I sould of known I was in trouble.
    He does one side, a little discomfort, nothing crazy besides the smell of the burning of the cord.
    No problem all is good. He goes to freeze me on the other side, and I feel the jab. He asks what's wrong? I say, " I think you hit a nut" he says I am crazy, but I just had the other side done so I should know how it feels. All the rest goes as planned, frozen bag of peas and rest for what they tell you.
    In Barrie they do them on a Thursday, so you are not off for to long. By Sunday I am at emerge with a massive pair of Elephant testicles. Suffice it to say I had 3 separate infections, and I won't bore you with the details. Ask around with your buddies, find out who is good. If you got the choice of the grizzled veteran compared to the young punk, I'd take the experience guy.
    I actually joked with my wife when I had to go make love to the cup, " with my luck it didn't work"' and I'd have to start over again.
    I hope I was the exception, but make sure you get the right guy. My guy never returned my calls to talk about my infections until I said I was getting a lawyer which I didn't do.
    When I had my meeting with him, he had the balls to tell me, " that's why I hate doing these things?"
    Good luck, but in the end as a supportive husband, suck it up and get it done.
    Put a big bow around them and tell her Merry Christmas, maybe she could make a pair of earrings out of them.
    Good luck
    Sounds like a scene outta Midnight Cowboy, or my bachelor party...not sure, it's all a blur.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    New solution. Skip the procedure and simply take more trips to BJ city. Two birds, one stone.
    Genius, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Oh, geeeeeez! I stopped reading after the "needle in balls" part.
    That's exactly what I was about to say...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Despite what every man in the world builds it up to be, it is no big deal. Never tell the wifes that though. I was in and out in an hour or two. Lied around for the rest of the day, was up building an ice rink the next day. A little sore but thats it. Took it real easy, no sports or anything for a couple of weeks and had bruised balls for a couple of weeks, but other then that no problems.

I have had some friends who sat up and watched it. I closed my eyes like a scared kid, no stomach for that. But other then the initial needle you don't feel much. Your balls ache for a bit, but now the worry free sex of not having another kid.... priceless.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Dude... no need for the play-by-play, you're making us feel queasy lol

I draw the line at "needle in your balls"

Dobber Sports Genius

Wife is tired of your egg nog eh?!?!

Buddy had his done last year in Ottawa, quick in and out in less than 30 mins, no cuts! He was at Costco within the hour shopping....i'll get him to post on here soon enough.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.