Thread: Ramblings fodder

I...am your father.

Default Ramblings fodder

Anything you guys want to me to touch upon for tomorrow's ramblings? I'm looking at my newsfeed and it ain't pretty.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Maybe something about NCAA?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Let's be optimistic and pretend there will be a season.

Go over a few "fantasy-relevant" things we can learn from looking back at the 1994-1995 season (48 games).

Maybe you could compare 15 players... who could be the 2012-2013 version of Alexei Zhamnov in 94/95?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Good one, I ignore that/those league(s) too much, until February. I need to change that
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Administrator

Perhaps an extension of your Hockey News article where you check up on some more guys who are on the brink. This idea came up when I was looking over one of my teams and saw Dustin Jeffrey sitting on my farm. I'm considering abandoning ship but maybe you feel differently about his outlook.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Seconded. I haven't been able to watch as much as I'd like this season and would love to hear the latest.

The Great One

Add this to the ramblings and I'm sure your readers will love it!

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...52#post1046252

Dobber Sports Recruit

Can we get an update on Giroux's neck/head injury?
    12 Team Keeper League - 22 Man Roster (Keep 16), 14 Players play, rest are on bench. The 14 must be 8 F, 4 D, 2 G. Straight points with additional point for pp and shorthanded goals and assists.

F- Crosby (IR), Sharp, Toews, Kane, Hossa, Laich, Dubinsky, Downie, Purcell, J.Jokinen, Dalpe, Burrows, Pacioretty, Wolski
    D- Carlson, Zidlicky, Burns, M.A. Bergeron, R.Murphy
    G- Rinne, Thomas, Neuvirth

Definitely injury updates, especially potential long term ones. Maybe a separate article on players whose development is now delayed due to NHL-ers usurping roster spots.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

How about the CIS? Not for fantasy purposes, but those guys deserve some spotlight too. With no NHL the AHL and CHL has gotten tons of press, but the CIS is highly accessible for local viewing and doesn't get any attention. Alberta did just play the world junior hopefuls.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Guru

More stuff about guys who aren't playing anywhere and how it will affect them.

For example, if Carey Price sits out a full season, does that hurt him? Does it help Daniel Sedin because he's older and was injured last year or hurt him because he's older and is on the wrong side of his prime years?

I always hear about guys who are playing elsewhere and the impact it will have on them, but never about those who aren't.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid