Thread: Prospects

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Prospects

I'm looking to add 1 or 2 youngsters to my roster. My team is not bad right now,but I'm up against a few stacked teams in my league/division. I'm willing to wait a couple years for these guys to develop. Please rank the following players.

Coyle
    Khokhlachev
    Kreider
    Kuznetzov
    Nyquist
    Saad
    Schwartz
    Silfverberg
    Sgarbossa

Ps. I'm also curious what you think of Khokhlachev(haven't heard much about him) and do you think Kuznetzov will ever leave Russia?

Thanks,
    The Ocho
    12 team,Dynasty,Full keeper,No Farm,H2H,Weekly start
    20 man roster, No IR, Unlimited trades and waiver pick ups
    Start 4F, 2D, 1G
    G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=1

N. Kucherov
    P. Kane
    E. Pettersson
    C. Keller
    B. Boeser
    M. Boldy
    N. Ehlers
    W. Johnston
    L. Cooley
    M. Michkov
    W. Smith

E. Karlsson
    J. Carlson
    N. Dobson
    C. Addison
    J. Drysdale

S. Bobrovsky
    T. Demko
    F. Gustavsson
    P. Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Pro

Kuznetzov
    Silfverberg
    Kreider
    Nyquist
    Schwartz
    Coyle
    Saad
    Khokhlachev
    Sgarbossa

I think Khoklachev is a couple of seasons away from the NHL and maybe another 1 or 2 then to produce well.

Who knows if Kuznetsov will be back, but I think he's worth the risk. He's a big time talent.

Ps. I'm also curious what you think of Khokhlachev(haven't heard much about him) and do you think Kuznetzov will ever leave Russia?
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Pro

Nice handle, welcome to the only fantasy hockey website you'll ever need!!

I'd rank the players in the following order:

Nyquist
    Silfverberg
    Coyle
    Kreider
    Schwartz

Kuznetsov
    Saad
    Khokhlachev
    Sgarbossa

On talent alone, Kuznetsov is easily at the very top of this list. Problem is, there is a possibility he never comes over to North America to play in the NHL. Hes been NHL ready in many peoples eyes. Loving your birth country and not wanting to leave your family is a very admirable thing, and I respect that...but it doesn't help my fantasy team. For that reason alone, I wouldn't pass on any of the guys I listed in front of him, who should all make impacts at the NHL level to some degree and also have nice potential. The top 5 are all pretty close and wasn't easy ranking...but I'd definitely take Nyquist first.
    Last edited by The Hockey Hitman; December 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post

Nyquist
    Silfverberg
    Coyle
    Kreider
    Schwartz

Kuznetsov
    Saad
    Khokhlachev
    Sgarbossa

On talent alone, Kuznetsov is easily at the very top of this list. Problem is, there is a possibility he never comes over to North America to play in the NHL. Hes been NHL ready in many peoples eyes. For that reason alone, I wouldn't pass on any of the guys I listed in front of him, who should all make impacts at the NHL level to some degree and also have nice potential.

The top 5 are all pretty close and wasn't easy ranking...but I'd definitely take Nyquist first.
    My gut tells me that Schwartz should be at #2, but I definitely agree with this list.
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Apprentice

One thing I'll say is never underestimate Sgarbossa. Kid's gonna be huge! Huge Jerry!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

My Rankings:

Kuznetzov - Its my understanding he is just finnishing his russian commitments and he will come over, dont know if thats updated tho...

Schwartz - oozes NHL talent, production isnt quite dominating yet, but he is just getting use to Pro life...

Saad - I feel this guy does sooo much on the ice and Chicago will throw him on a top 2 line to produce, that oppurtunity is bigger than his skill set...

Khoklachev - extreamly explosive, slippery, goes to the dirty areas and works hard, his size is a minor factor, but he should be a hard work winger on a scoring line when boston brings him in... It was my understanding if there wasn't a lockout he would have been a Bruin, but I dont know his status now...

Coyle - will be an excellent player, but in Minny, I think he will play a complete role and his ceiling isnt astronomical...

Krieder - Rangers are assembleing a team of high octaine weapons, he will be a good producer but I feel it will be inconsistant with the likes of Miller, Thomas, Haglin, Lindberg, Stepan, St.Croix and others yet drafted filtering in and out of the picture at times...

Silfverberg - I'm yet to see enough of him to make a good assessment, because of that I have him behing others I've seen, so don't put any merit into me having him below all the others

Nyqvist - will score and play excellent on the Wings, but the more i see all that he has, the more i wounder if he will fill a role that will stunt his ceiling... He has large talent, but Detroit has a way of making talented scorers, scale back and play a smarter team game with less risk... that said with the talent in Detroit it could boost his #s and make them consistantly fantasy relevent. Personal opinion is that his ceiling would be higher outside Detroit...

Sgarbossa - like Silfverberg, I have only seen him limited in Jr, I see the numbers, but I'm yet to be sold on him (very much on my watch list tho), Colorado has lots of talent on Left wing and center, he may have to move (or someone else) to right wing for oppertunity...

Kuznetzov, Coyle and Schwartz are your safest bets... the others are gambles, but good gambles....
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post

Nyquist
    Silfverberg
    Coyle
    Kreider
    Schwartz

Kuznetsov
    Saad
    Khokhlachev
    Sgarbossa

On talent alone, Kuznetsov is easily at the very top of this list. Problem is, there is a possibility he never comes over to North America to play in the NHL. Hes been NHL ready in many peoples eyes. Loving your birth country and not wanting to leave your family is a very admirable thing, and I respect that...but it doesn't help my fantasy team. For that reason alone, I wouldn't pass on any of the guys I listed in front of him, who should all make impacts at the NHL level to some degree and also have nice potential. The top 5 are all pretty close and wasn't easy ranking...but I'd definitely take Nyquist first.
    If it's the team the OP signature, then it's points only. In a points only league, there's no way I'd have Coyle at #3.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Fush View Post
    My gut tells me that Schwartz should be at #2, but I definitely agree with this list.
    I 100% Agree
    Roster Requirements
    (2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 3 F, 4 D, 2 G)Totals:25 15 Starters, 10Bench, +4 IR - Head To Head - Weekly Lineups - Stats: PTS ONLY- 1PT/START(G) 2PTS/WIN - 5PTS/SHUTOUT
    Record: 17-7-0 (2015-16 Champ)

C: Seguin, Giroux
    LW: T.Hall, Panarin
    RW: P. Kane, Palmieri
    F: Galchenyuk, Domi, Landeskog
    D: Subban, Ekman-Larrson, Suter, Vatanen

Bench: T.Hertl, V.Nishushkin, Gallagher, Pulkkinen, Mike Reilly, Korpisalo
    Goalies: J.Allen, Lundqvist

Farm Team: Rantanen(RW) Barzal(C) Provorov(D) Nurse(D) Kylington(D)

Follow Me https://twitter.com/#!/MRHOCKEYLOVER87

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kuznetzov
    Schwartz
    Nyquist
    Coyle
    Kreider
    Silfverberg
    Saad
    Khokhlachev
    Sgarbossa
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Banks View Post
    My Rankings:

Kuznetzov - Its my understanding he is just finnishing his russian commitments and he will come over, dont know if thats updated tho...

Kuznetzov, Coyle and Schwartz are your safest bets... the others are gambles, but good gambles....
    Kuznetzov signed a new two-year KHL contract this summer. Big money. More than enough to make that NHL entry level contract seem like peanuts. His wife is also allegedly not big on leaving Russia and he's a complete rock star there. IMO that makes him the most unsafe bet.
    GO WINGS!

Administrator

Given the upsides of the others in this list I just don't think Kuznetsov is worth the gamble. Silfverberg and Nyquist are the guys that I would go with.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Kuznetzov- imo just way 2 talented compared to pass up regardless......

Schwartz
    Nyquist
    Kreider
    Coyle
    Silfverberg
    Khokhlachev
    Saad
    Sgarbossa
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ace

I have Coyle, Kuz, Nyquist, and Kreider (along with Yakupov, Huberdeau and others... I'm in full on rebuild mode) and I would rank those four in terms of upside (points):
    Kuz
    Kreider
    Nyquist (2a 2b)
    Coyle

In terms of who you want on your team with your settings:
    Nyquist
    Coyle (best chance to be a first line player)
    Kuz
    Kreider

I don't think Kreider has the consistency or the hockey IQ to make a huge impact in New York over the course of a full season.
    Nyquist is guaranteed on the Red Wings and should be top 6 soon.
    Coyle might not have huge point upside, but he could be on the Wild's top line very soon.
    I really hope Kuz comes back. In a capped league, he is a crazy valuable asset, as when he does come back it will still be entry level; and he should be performing at an all-star level.
    I can't tell you as much about the others, sorry.
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks