Roster : 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G
    Stats : G, A = mainly.
    Hits, PK time, GV, TK = minor stats

C : Crosby, Thornton, Grabovski, Sobotka
    LW : Vanek, Read, Morrow, Hansen
    RW : Stastny, Clowe, Kulemin, A.Kost
    D : Markov, Green, Letang, Spurgeon, Eminger, Sulzer
    G : Lundqvist, Ellis

FARM : Chipchura, Cormier, Loktionov, Brennan, Larsne, Bonino, Gaunce...

PROSPECTS : Granlund, Trouba, Armia, Atkinson, Phillips, Hishon...

Dobber Sports Pro

Huberdeau should be a very good player. I like stastny, but he just seems to be struggling for the past 2 years. He also as competition in Col as the #1 C.

Tough call though. It seems you have a competitive team, so to trade a relatively proven roster player for a prospect is risky. If you think you can make the deal and not hurt you team in the immediate future, then I'd do it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by olirocks View Post
    Here's an offer I have (24 league teams):

I give : Stastny - Z. Phillips

I get : Huberdeau
    I would do this. Hubs is a legit prospect here. Phillips, to a much lesser degree. I see this as Hubs for Stastny and I'd do that deal quickly. Higher upside give or take 10pts. Give Hubs a year or two, and you'll be glad you did this. The offense in FLA will flow through Huberdeau. He was dominant at the world jrs last year and will be even better this year.

His name alone will offer a very fair return in future deals if you go that route.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Pro

Not a believer in Stastny moving forward, I think he needs a change of scenery and until he gets that, I don't believe hes much of an asset. I am a Zack Phillips owner, and I really like what hes being doing in the AHL as a rookie however...I think you're buying low on Huberdeau here, I'd make the deal. I would try to get the owner to throw in a depth player or even a draft pick though.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Not a believer in Stastny moving forward, I think he needs a change of scenery and until he gets that, I don't believe hes much of an asset. I am a Zack Phillips owner, and I really like what hes being doing in the AHL as a rookie however...I think you're buying low on Huberdeau here, I'd make the deal. I would try to get the owner to throw in a depth player or even a draft pick though.
    Agree on the buy-low. His value will be artificially inflated post-WJ's as with most standout prospects and will likely only rise once he hits the NHL fulltime. You likely wouldn't be able to pull off this deal 6 months to a year from now, so seems like a deal that should be made now.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Master

You can't buy low on a guy who's value is through the roof. I believe his fantasy value will go up, but its difficult to call it anything other than sky-high right now.

It could even be argued that the other GM is buying low on Stastny and selling high on Huberdeau. Huberdeau is 100% potential. Stastny has shown that he can score almost 80 points.

Would I take this deal? Maybe, but only b/c I think that I could flip Huberdeau for more than Stastny and Phillips. Huberdeau's value will get a bump during and after the WJC.

Dobber Sports Genius

I have Huberdeau and there is no way I would trade him for Stasny and Phillips. In your position I'd take that deal for sure
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Guru

Stastny is a solid proven 60 point guy with upside for better but I would gladly ship him for Huberdeau. Hubs has much higher value (although it's based on potential) as said and he's got that elite upside. At worst he should quickly become the 60 point player that Stastny's been the past two years and likely will continue to be from now on. Hubs is the franchise player in Florida while Stastny will have to be supporting player for Landeskog and Duchene so it's doubtful he'll get back to his PPG days in Colorado anymore.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by ovi42 View Post
    Agree on the buy-low. His value will be artificially inflated post-WJ's as with most standout prospects and will likely only rise once he hits the NHL fulltime. You likely wouldn't be able to pull off this deal 6 months to a year from now, so seems like a deal that should be made now.
    Love this post.
    I agree.

Huberdeau is also part of the "new" Florida Panthers.
    I stress that because (and I've said this before) Dale Tallon comes in and he wants to overhaul the team. GMs love to completely remake a team with all of their own pieces... it proves their value and they can be given full credit for the team's success. If a GM just leaves the team the way he got it - what success does he get?

Stephen Weiss is currently FLA's C1... but his contract expires next summer. Since Weiss pre-dates Tallon's arrival, I foresee Weiss either being traded or not re-signed.

All of this quickly elevates Huberdeau to C1 and PP1 time in Florida.
    He's going to be given every opportunity to play lots of minutes... and quickly. And let's not forget that Dale Tallon has let young kids play lots of minutes before: Jon Toews & Pat Kane.