Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NHL Sponsors to boycott...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 2Evils View Post
    Never buy products "Made in Alaska" again.

<not serious>

Maybe Habs' season ticket holders will demand that Gainey's jersey number be un-retired.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think you gotta give him a pass on that one. He was one of the greats while I was growing up...and gave Montreal his heart and soul. Just shouldn't have gone into the GM role, perhaps.

And this is coming from a Nordique fan.

I think I was the only young kid in that era that thought Tretiak kicked ass, and that Peter Stastny was better than Gretzky. Ah, memories !

I'm boycotting makers of ice.

If that's not a big middle finger, I don't know what is.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    You're better off using this tactic on companies owned by NHL owners than focusing on sponsor companies.

No question though, hurting companies they own and respective sponsor companies (that generate leauge income) would be ideal............
    this is exactly what i was thinking.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Talking By All Means, Keep Supporting Your Local Millionaires/Billionaires

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    "Punishing" third parties is absurd.

You're angry at the NHL, boycott the NHL. I for one refuse to watch an other NHL game until this silly lockout comes to an end. That'll teach 'em!
    I endorse this post. It's goofy to punish sponsors for being upset with the NHL/NHLPA.

I'm thinking about organizing 1,000 or so people at every opening night to throw hundreds of dimes (symbolic of greed/money?) on the ice before the puck drop (after the anthem, please have some respect). Even better if you can heat them up before chucking them on the ice.

Have you ever tried picking up a dime once it hits the ice? Nearly impossible to pick up. They would likely have to cancel the games due to player safety; imagine a player skating at top speed hitting a dime on the ice and hurtling head first into the boards. Pair a lies.

Note: I realize this may be difficult in places like Phoenix or Columbus, where that number is actually exceeded by cardboard cutouts of people placed in seats by management in order to qualify for NHL-monetary assistance, but I digress...

Note 2: I don't actually encourage anyone to do this because it could seriously harm someone, it was only meant in a lame attempt at humour (humor for our American friends reading this)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket