Thread: NHL Sponsors to boycott...

Dobber Sports Veteran

I Aint Quitting Hersheys Bro
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I wouldn't boycott any of these companies.

I think it's a little extreme to expect these sponsors to make any kind of stance based on what the owners/players can't agree upon.

Not sure what the point is here.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I wouldn't boycott any of these companies.

I think it's a little extreme to expect these sponsors to make any kind of stance based on what the owners/players can't agree upon.

Not sure what the point is here.
    It's another example of people wanting to find a way to kick sand on someone because of the lockout.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's another example of people wanting to find a way to kick sand on someone because of the lockout.
    If you mean kicking sand on the NHL, I agree.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

You're better off using this tactic on companies owned by NHL owners than focusing on sponsor companies.

No question though, hurting companies they own and respective sponsor companies (that generate leauge income) would be ideal............

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lol, I'm already boycotting most of those companies except for Molson, Verizon and Pepsi (I'm eating Frito Lay sunflower seeds right now) just because I don't want/need anything they sell or I get it from somewhere else. And I only buy Molson very very rarely. I will try to avoid them more though.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Genius

I thought Home Hardeware was an NHL sponsor?
    I must admit I'm not sure I agree with this tactic as it is punishing the companies that
    support the NHL as a whole.
    Don't get me wrong I understand it but , I'm not sure it's fair because ultimately if sales fall , jobs diminish , and it won't be anyone from the NHL who will be out of work or cut hrs.
    I believe the best way to fight this is to have the "real" people affected by this lockout speak about their lost income , their not as "Merry Christmass" , etc.The concession stand owners/workers , teens who are working their way through school , cleaners , ushers , etc.
    Get big networks to do TV ads with these people in them , more social media bashing/vids , etc. , make the owners & players wake up to the real world!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard of lol... it's so absurd I actually had to pause for a moment to wrap my head around it

Jeez... some people really need to find a hobby

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by smoothfun View Post
    I thought Home Hardeware was an NHL sponsor?
    I must admit I'm not sure I agree with this tactic as it is punishing the companies that
    support the NHL as a whole.
    Don't get me wrong I understand it but , I'm not sure it's fair because ultimately if sales fall , jobs diminish , and it won't be anyone from the NHL who will be out of work or cut hrs.
    I believe the best way to fight this is to have the "real" people affected by this lockout speak about their lost income , their not as "Merry Christmass" , etc.The concession stand owners/workers , teens who are working their way through school , cleaners , ushers , etc.
    Get big networks to do TV ads with these people in them , more social media bashing/vids , etc. , make the owners & players wake up to the real world!

Well there's a slightly different approach you can use, if seeking corporate sympathy in our time of need and bitter frustration.. Heh.

Don't write a sponsor company and cry "boycott". Let them know that you are a frustrated NHL fan - and would be a loyal customer of theirs if they stood up to the league and represented the average joe hockey fan.

Some smart marketing exec from Canadian Tire might ponder : "Hey, what if we made some jazzy commercials threatening to pull our sponsor contract with the NHL, because they're cheapening hockeys good name ? Fans might appreciate it, and buy at our stores instead of Home Depot in appreciation. And if a deal got signed 48hrs after our PR move...we'd look like heroes ! "

No sand was kicked in anyones face in the making of this post.

Ps. *Yes, I'm aware that I used the term "jazzy", and that it's no longer 1974!
    Last edited by Shenanigans; December 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

"Punishing" third parties is absurd.

You're angry at the NHL, boycott the NHL. I for one refuse to watch an other NHL game until this silly lockout comes to an end. That'll teach 'em!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I for one refuse to watch an other NHL game until this silly lockout comes to an end. That'll teach 'em!
    I think we're all with you on this one.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Boycott Timmys. That place has turned into a massive ripoff. $1 for a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    Boycott Timmys. That place has turned into a massive ripoff. $1 for a cookie?
    Hey waitaminute !

By that rationale...shouldn't we be boycotting the NHL anyway, because of those $14 beers ??

They're doing us a favour with this lockout !!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2Evils View Post
    Hey waitaminute !

By that rationale...shouldn't we be boycotting the NHL anyway, because of those $14 beers ??

They're doing us a favour with this lockout !!

By that rationale, could anyone tell me how I can continue boycotting Scott Gomez once hockey starts again?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    By that rationale, could anyone tell me how I can continue boycotting Scott Gomez once hockey starts again?

Never buy products "Made in Alaska" again.

<not serious>