Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how to give the fans a voice!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Oilers rock 99 View Post
    at the opening puck drop of the each teams home opener we all rise and Boo for the first 5 min of the game.

Well, contrary to others... I think this is a great idea.
    (And, I too have visualized this in my head previously)

1. We can't just "not go" to the game, if we don't go... others will and the voice won't be heard.

2. We all love hockey, we still support it. We are just mad - and that feeling should be made as vocal as possible.

3. I would totally show up and boo for the first 5 minutes. I'd even bring a sign that says "Booo... to you. I'm here. I love hockey. But today... boooo."

I really think this idea is the best anybody can muster.
    It's similar to a good husband-wife fight "I'm mad at you and I still love you. But tonight... you sleep on the couch."

It will affect the players more than the owners, sure. But I (personally) believe the players (and their $5-$10million salaries) are the greedy parties here. You play a game for a living and you want MORE than half of the overall revenue. Poo on you.

Not going to the game or buying merchandise only affects owners.
    The players will get their paychecks if the season is under way.
    If that's your stance (blaming only the owners)... fine, don't go to the game, don't buy merchandise.

However, if you blame the players too - booing them is just about all you can do to make them feel shame.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO....
    (I like it, thumbs up.)

(ps. Only Angus gets to start a thread in Angus' forum... same for Dobber in Dobbers'. Nice and clean. Just post this in Hockey Chat next time.)
    Last edited by Pengwin7; December 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd much rather see everyone throw locks out on the ice (when no one is on there of course). It would chip the ice and would take a few floods before it would be safe to play, delaying the game just like the lock out delayed the season. The longer the lock out, the larger the locks. Symbology.

Plus, throwing stuff is fun.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Administrator

Yeah it would hurt their feelings initially but seriously if the CBA is 10 years then 95% of the players who hear the boos would be retired when the next potential work stoppage would take place.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust