Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by ChilePuck View Post
    The Autopsy of Jane Doe - nice little intense slow building thriller. Just 2 guys in a room doing an autopsy. Sounds lame, however it turns out to be a pretty decent movie. 7.5/10
    I wanted to watch this but after seeing the trailer I was too scared to watch it alone at home lol

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ChilePuck View Post
    The Autopsy of Jane Doe - nice little intense slow building thriller. Just 2 guys in a room doing an autopsy. Sounds lame, however it turns out to be a pretty decent movie. 7.5/10
    yup, on my short list. Heard it was good. Never got through Dr Strange. Thought it was pretty dumb.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Logan was good. I don't know a whole lot about the Xmen series or Wolverine but I thought it was enjoyable. Not too gory for me. The scene when "the girl" first talks to him in the truck was funny. Little misty at the end. Solid flick. Not for kids. 7.5 claws to the head out of 10.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I wanted to watch this but after seeing the trailer I was too scared to watch it alone at home lol
    That does look really scary.

Dobber Sports Genius

Just watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe, didn't watch the trailer, wouldn't have watched it if I did. For the Horror/Suspense genre i'll give it an 8.5/10

Watched Split recently too, MNS is usually fairly predictable in his movies but this may be different for you. 7/10
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Genius

Autopsy of Jane D was pretty good. Don't rank it as a horror film though. Has a few jump scares but nothing too intense. Felt like a Stephen King short story played out on film. You won't be clock watching during this film and perhaps hold off on the snacks lol. Wonder if they'll be making a part II.......a solid 8 corpses out of 10.

Get out is next.....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I watched Get Out a few nights ago. Good movie and will definitely recommend it. One of those "WTF is going on?" type movies. Easy 8/10.

Dobber Sports Master

Watched a couple of decent films recently. The first was:

Hell or High Water. Straight forward bank robbers outrunning the law film, with a bit of a twist in the end. After it ended, I wanted ten more minutes to resolve the last question the movie very intentionally left hanging. 7/10

Free State of Jones. A story based on the people of Jones Co. shortly after the American Civil War. It was a county where both white and black people lived free even though it was in the Deep South. Of course the returning confederate soldiers aren't too happy about it, so the people of Jones County have to band together to protect what is theirs. Good historical drama. 7/10

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Master

I watched Dr Strange last night and enjoyed it. I felt like when Strange was "shown the true reality of the multiverse", it was like a classic DMT trip. I even think there were machine elves in there for a second. Anyways, good movie. No doubt helped by the fact that I was pretty stoned watching it. 10 out of 10 would watch again.

Dobber Sports Genius

Watched Get Out. Didn't do much for me considering all the hype. Think you'll either love it or hate it. Wasn't a horror by any means. More of a thriller/comedy a la Shaun of the Dead. Watched it over two sittings as the first hour was a tad blaze for my tastes. Overall the whole premise of the movie was pretty lame. 4 teabags out of 10 for me.

Dobber Sports Giant

Watched The Impossible yesterday on Netflix Canada starring Naomi Watts, Ewen McGregor and a young Tom Holland (it's a 2012 movie).

I wasn't expecting much as I was just browsing around and fell on this one. Looked up the reviews quickly and saw that it was well rated on Rotten Tomatoes so I figured I'd give it a try.

Basically, this is the true story of a family vacationing in Thailand on a beach resort when the 2004 tsunami hit. I won't go into the details of the story but the special effects were pretty well done. I really liked Holland's character/acting in this one!

8/10
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Lost in Translation 4.5/5 - bill murray

Begin Again 3.5/5 - former record producer helps, singer record album throughout NYC

Midnight in Paris 4/5 - *copied from rotten tomatoes* - This is a romantic comedy set in Paris about a family that goes there because of business, and two young people who are engaged to be married in the fall have experiences there that change their lives. It's about a young man's great love for a city, Paris, and the illusion people have that a life different from theirs would be much better.

Gangs of New York 4/5 - pretty well known movie figure don't have to describe this

Kingdom of Heaven 4/5 *again from rotten tomatoes* - Kingdom of Heaven is an epic adventure about a common man who finds himself thrust into a decades-long war. A stranger in a strange land, he serves a doomed king, falls in love with an exotic and forbidden queen, and rises to knighthood. Ultimately, he must protect the people of Jerusalem from overwhelming forces - while striving to keep a fragile peace.
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Watched The Impossible yesterday on Netflix Canada starring Naomi Watts, Ewen McGregor and a young Tom Holland (it's a 2012 movie).

I wasn't expecting much as I was just browsing around and fell on this one. Looked up the reviews quickly and saw that it was well rated on Rotten Tomatoes so I figured I'd give it a try.

Basically, this is the true story of a family vacationing in Thailand on a beach resort when the 2004 tsunami hit. I won't go into the details of the story but the special effects were pretty well done. I really liked Holland's character/acting in this one!

8/10
    That movie is such an experience. It goes wayyyyyyyyy beyond the typical disaster movie. I thought it was phenomenal.

Saw Snatched last night.....pretty ok. It had some funny moments for sure.

Dobber Sports Giant

Watched Fright Night 2: New Blood yesterday... If you liked the original and/or the remake (I liked both FWIW), please do yourself a favor and stay away from this straight-to-DVD crap! I give it a generous 2/10 and that's just because I'm a fan of the other 2... (both Fright Night movies: 7.5/10)

Speaking of straight-to-DVD vampire movies, I also ended up watching Stake Land 2; The Stakelander. For those of you who haven't seen Stake Land, it's a pretty good vampire/zombie flick about a teen who learns how to live and survive in a post-apocalyptic world after meeting a wanderer named Mister. The 2nd movie is not as good as the first one but does follow off where the first one ended.
    Stake Land: 8.5/10
    Stake Land 2: 6.5/10
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have been dipping into the independent low-budget movie pool lately, and these are the latest I have seen:

The Girl With All The Gifts - a British indie post-apocalyptic zombie type movie. Good original first half, the second half gets pretty old - as in same old same old. Not bad though for a low budget film, so give it a 6/10.

The Void - an indie horror flick which is a cross between both of John Carpenters movies - Prince of Darkness and The Thing. However, its really confusing because you dont know what is going on or why. Good FX, bad acting, bad script. I watched it all though.... so I give it a 5/10 (3/10 for plot keeping me somewhat interested, and 7/10 for the good old school FX).