Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Had some long flights, as such the binge watching occurred...

Revenant - I'm the type of guy that doesn't usually seek out dramas but there was a lot of hype and it was playing on the plane. Good movie, more or less what I expected to get 7.5/10

Zoolander 2 - The original Zoolander was pretty hilarious, this one was a bit tired but I did find myself laughing out loud at certain parts. Overall only watch if you need some light filler 5/10

Hateful 8 - I'm a Tarantino fan and this is definitely his type of movie. Brutal and I find myself laughing at the most inappropriate stuff, as Tarantino movies are wont to do. Not my favourite of his work but good none the less, 7.5/10

Whiplash - Really liked this movie. Super intense and falls into the category of movies I may never watch twice but I was really impressed. 9/10

Office Space - Searched the classics section, this movie is still great haha. 8/10
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post
    Office Space - Searched the classics section, this movie is still great haha. 8/10
    Yeeeeah, I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on Saturday.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post
    Whiplash - Really liked this movie. Super intense and falls into the category of movies I may never watch twice but I was really impressed. 9/10
    This is one I had watched a while ago, and definitely agree with the rating. Lots to love in such a well done moving. Some amazing acting and deserving of all the praise it got.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

How's the new Captain America movie fellas? Worth the trip to the theatre?

Dobber Sports Genius

Watched American Ultra on Netflix. Disappointed. Strange tone to the whole thing, it felt cheap, and the ending was stupid. Can't explain my biggest issue with it fully without spoiling it, but I'd give it a 4/10.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I've seen a few solid movies recently, here are my takes:

The Force Awakens- solid but not great, I agree with UKFlames above there were too many cameo appearances/entrances for my liking. 7/10
    The Jungle Book- This movie was seriously awesome, the CGI (or whatever it's called) was great, the story was not cheesy, the "action" was good and the songs are classics, great voices in it too 9.5/10
    The Big Short- A great and important story with some good acting. The way the movie is presented is unique and a little weird, slow at times 7/10.
    Deadpool- Everything I was hoping for and agree with most of the comments. Fun, witty, violent, true to the source material. 8.5/10
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Giant

I saw Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse yesterday. I was hoping for a Zombielandish type of movie; unfortunately it was more like the hybrid lovechild of the 90's-era Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie and 3 Ninjas with Ernest Goes to Camp as its Godfather...

Not the worst Zombie/Comedy movie out there but still not good. 4.5/10
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Didn't see it yet, but I have not heard 1 bad review from friends and critics alike. Some say it should be considered as one of the top Marvel movies along with Avengers 1, X-Men DOFP, Iron Man 1, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America 2 and Deadpool just to name a few.

I'm pretty sure if you liked any or all of those, you will be in for a good time!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Didn't see it yet, but I have not heard 1 bad review from friends and critics alike. Some say it should be considered as one of the top Marvel movies along with Avengers 1, X-Men DOFP, Iron Man 1, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America 2 and Deadpool just to name a few.

I'm pretty sure if you liked any or all of those, you will be in for a good time!

I haven't seen it yet but I plan to. I'm not a Marvel hater by any means, but honestly, every time one comes out it's deemed "the best one ever". And every time I buy into that and go to see one, I leave the theater thinking that it was way too long and no different than any other superhero movie. Just tons of CGI fighting in a big city, with some token pop culture and an angsty millennial love story/coming of age message sprinkled in on top.

I did recently see Deadpool, and I liked it a lot. It was refreshing because it isso different than other superhero movies. I can't stand Ryan Reynolds though, so with any other lead actor I feel like it could've been even better.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I haven't seen it yet but I plan to. I'm not a Marvel hater by any means, but honestly, every time one comes out it's deemed "the best one ever". And every time I buy into that and go to see one, I leave the theater thinking that it was way too long and no different than any other superhero movie. Just tons of CGI fighting in a big city, with some token pop culture and an angsty millennial love story/coming of age message sprinkled in on top.

I did recently see Deadpool, and I liked it a lot. It was refreshing because it isso different than other superhero movies. I can't stand Ryan Reynolds though, so with any other lead actor I feel like it could've been even better.
    Well Reynolds really embodied what/who Deadpool is; this cocky, comical and hard-@$$ anti-hero. I think it was mission accomplished in terms of casting. I agree with all the CGI though, but that's what Marvel is

PS: I also forgot to add Ant-Man on my list of top Marvel movies!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    Deadpool - 9.8/10 - One of the best movies I've ever seen. Funny, violent and just well done. I could do without the all CG character though.
    Mother of god. I just watched this on a plane and couldn't for the life of me figure out who could possibly like it, or who the intended target audience even was.

Is this a kids movie filled with gratuitous swearing and violence, or an adult movie for people with underdeveloped senses of humor? I can imagine a bunch of 12 year old boys on a sleepover watching it without their parents permission and loving it, but that's about it. "HAHAHAHA, he said ****!!!! Isn't that ****ing funny?!!!"

I've actually always liked Ryan Reynolds, but this was the worst movie I have seen in a long time (for reference, I also watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip" on the same flight).

Dobber Sports Ninja

I hate Ryan Reynolds... can't stand the guy, so by extension I'll naturally hate Deadpool even if it's funny and clever.

Dobber Sports Giant

I hate Ryan Reynolds... can't stand the guy, so by extension I'll naturally hate Deadpool even if it's funny and clever.
    It's worth a try blayze! Reynolds makes the movie, but you don't have to enjoy him to like his character IMO. Plus he's wearing a mask for half of the movie so just make believe it's someone else under the costume

Minors:

Dobber Sports Guru

Yes it's worth the trip. It's really more of an Avengers movie, but I liked this a lot more than Avengers 2 or Captain America 2. The fight scene at the airport is really well-done.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Pro

The Witch--- 1/10
    Seriously, how did this get such good reviews? Terrible. Not only was the movie incredibly dumb, but it borders on needing subtitles to understand the Puritan accent.

Dirty Grandpa--- 3/10
    Pretty stupid movie, even Aubrey Plaza in lingerie couldn't make the 90 minutes worth it. Had a few chuckles, but only because it was De Niro.

The Hills Have Eyes 2--- 2/10
    Stupid movie, but I didn't watch it for its cinematography or plot. Some solid kills I suppose.

clearly I've had too much time on my hands and am grasping for straws when it comes to movie nights.