Thread: Charlie Batch Beat The Ravens

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Charlie Batch Beat The Ravens

The Steelers and aging fat-guy Charlie Batch beat the Ravens, in Baltimore 23-20. A last second kick by Shaun Suisham decided the outcome. Will this game give the Steelers enough momentum to possibly make the playoffs? Will Ray Lewis stab Shaun Suisham? Discuss.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Administrator

Diehard Ravens fan here. This one hurt. Just terrible. Had a chance to bury the Steelers and instead gave them new life.

On the flip side, not surprised the Ravens lost this one. The team has been playing with house money for like five weeks now but somehow kept pulling out wins. They are good enough to be a playoff team but a lot like the Falcons at 11-1, the Ravens are not an imposing 9-3.

Still got my fingers crossed that the Ravens can get a top two seed and the Steelers miss the playoffs entirely but that's looking like a long shot now.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Also, please do not mention to me the use of timeouts/challenges...

Dobber Sports Immortal

Looked like Batch got pretty emotional after the win.

I wonder what the percentage of Ravens vs Steelers games end with a score difference of three?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I was happy to see Pittsburgh win but was more thrilled that I got to write "aging fat-guy". It's a term I used when flipping through the channels and saw a video clip of him a couple weeks back. I said "Who the hell is the aging fat-guy?"

My goal is for that to become a legit, official phrase.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    I was happy to see Pittsburgh win but was more thrilled that I got to write "aging fat-guy". It's a term I used when flipping through the channels and saw a video clip of him a couple weeks back. I said "Who the hell is the aging fat-guy?"

My goal is for that to become a legit, official phrase.
    That aging fat guy has heart. I'll give him that.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Being a Steelers fan, it's in my blood to hate the ravens and the colour purple. I respect them though and they always play greta games with the Steelers. This is the best rivalry in sports going and possibly one of the best of the last 25 years.

Huge win and will most likely put the Steelers into the final playoff spot. I really hope the Ravens fall into the number three spot. Not because i'm being cocky but because steelers/ravens part 3 would be epic

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Being a Steelers fan, it's in my blood to hate the ravens and the colour purple. I respect them though and they always play greta games with the Steelers. This is the best rivalry in sports going and possibly one of the best of the last 25 years.

Huge win and will most likely put the Steelers into the final playoff spot. I really hope the Ravens fall into the number three spot. Not because i'm being cocky but because steelers/ravens part 3 would be epic
    I loath to see this game. By then Roethlisberger would surely be back and you would totally kick our ass.