Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I love the TV threads in the Dobber Lounge.
    Isn't it oddly wonderful that fantasy-hockey-minds love the same shows?

I mean, seriously... I have the same list as others.
    I found out today that we are finally receiving Dexter Season Six, Disc Two by Netflix Disc mail. Score.
    I'm currently half-way through Breaking Bad Season 4 (amazing show) on Netflix Instant.
    I watched Game of Thrones, Season 1 (based on popular opinion here) and... loved it.

Homeland is on my Netflix Disc queue for post-Dexter.
    Unbelievably, I've never seen the Wire but based on everything I've heard... I need to queue it up right after Dexter/Homeland.

Thumbs up, Dobber TV threads.
    Gooooooooo Lounge.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I disagree here -- it's been up and down, but I think it's finishing strong.
    Season 1 was unbelievable.
    Season 2 was good.
    Season 3 was crap.
    Season 4 might be the best single-season of TV I've ever enjoyed.
    Season 5 was meh. Julia Stiles was bad.
    Season 6 was fantastic IMO. Not quite season 1 or 4, but I really enjoyed it.
    Season 7 thus far has been good -- moved too quick early, but it's setting up nicely. This will be the last, and I'm ready for it to wrap up, but I think it's been solid throughout.

I've got Season 1 of Homeland waiting for Dexter to end. Don't want to get it started yet.
    1 - very good
    2 - good
    3 - decent
    4 - amazing (Lithgow still gives me nightmares)
    5 - awful (worth skipping)
    6 - the first quarter was great - Mos Def was a fantastic character. The season went down the tube about half way through. So predictable.

I haven't stayed current with 7.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

I...am your father.

I've always enjoyed Dexter, but since I watch these shows all at once I don't have the benefit of talking it over with people as they happen. I think that allows for a bit of bias to creep in - other people will point out things that suck that you didn't catch, etc. So I have no complaints about much. Last season was predictable, except the very end.

I believe it's going 8 seasons though, not 7.

Some key shows we're missing that I've enjoyed over the years:

24 - the first three seasons. I'm sorry, but this show broke the ice for weekly serials and got it all started. And season 1 and 2 you couldn't stop yourself from popping in the next disc and banging out all 24 shows in two days. I give it credit for that, and without this show I never would have sat down and watched the ensuing shows. Like these:

Lost
    Sopranos
    The 4400
    Jericho the only real season, (prior to them squeezing 12 shows into like 4 and making it suck)

And then we've already mentioned the other good ones. Except True Blood. My wife and I got into that one a couple months ago. Oh, and Sparticus, another goodie.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

We're going off topic of homeland though, I'll start a new thread
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    We're going off topic of homeland though, I'll start a new thread
    where?

with angus, homeland is a gem. where else do you find an american 'hero' killing off a cheney rep?
    dobber pro 2012-2013; campbell conference

c; b richards, ribiero, desharnias, zajac
    lw; sedin, e kane, pacioretty, kunitz
    rw; kessel, callaghan, cole, paranteau
    d; chara, seabrook, souray, leddy, markov, s elliott
    g; rinne, elliott
    bench; garon, giguerre, hodgson, orpik, d roy
    ir; nobody, yet

Administrator

This season has gone off the rails in an absolutely terrible way. One week left and unless there is a huge twist in the finale I'm going to be out on this show. The stakes are completely gone. I guess we are supposed to be invested in this Carrie-Brody relationship but I've honestly reached the point where seeing these characters continue to be their ridiculous selves simply annoys me. I'm exhausted by them. This must be what it felt like to watch LOST for the mystery only and not care so much about the characters because this show has simply continued to spiral out of control with its implausibility and I no longer care enough about these characters for it to hold my interest.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Season 2 stinks relative to Season 1. I am disappointed. Season 1 was up there with the Wire in terms of best TV... this is like an average drama now.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    Season 2 stinks relative to Season 1. I am disappointed. Season 1 was up there with the Wire in terms of best TV... this is like an average drama now.
    Yeah, I'm not taking anything away from what was a phenomenal first season but what the show has evolved into has been terrible. Definitely one of those shows where they put a ton of time into crafting the first season only to have things blow up in their faces when they had to put together a second season in a much tighter window.

Dobber Sports Immortal

RIP Abu Nazir

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not taking anything away from what was a phenomenal first season but what the show has evolved into has been terrible. Definitely one of those shows where they put a ton of time into crafting the first season only to have things blow up in their faces when they had to put together a second season in a much tighter window.
    Agreed. While it can be hard to keep momentum after such a spectacular first season, this season has been a disappointment. I will keep watching it for a little while longer (into season 3) to see if the show can get going again, but it's not looking overly good.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Immortal

It just seems they went for it ALL early on this year. Like in the first few episodes...having characters finding out what they did, I expected them to have a better plan to move the show along.

Administrator

I've heard a theory that Brody might still be playing everyone and still has a master plan to execute. Seems a bit far-fetched but it's also the only way that this show could possibly rescue this season because the way they've turned this into a love story that no one cares about has been completely exhausting.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I've heard a theory that Brody might still be playing everyone and still has a master plan to execute. Seems a bit far-fetched but it's also the only way that this show could possibly rescue this season because the way they've turned this into a love story that no one cares about has been completely exhausting.
    What is this....Sons of Anarchy the past three seasons?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The triple agent. Solid move.

Dobber Sports Expert

I am pretty dumbfounded by last night season finale.
    twitter: @hugotwigg