Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Still the best forum. It's been years...

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'm all for a Dobber MMA section. Great thing is it happens all year round and the fighters haven't been locked out by Dana White yet.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Pro

Speaking of MMA...

Gary Bettman v Donald Fehr

Who wins? I'd pay some serious cash to watch that "fight".
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont follow MMA religiously, but one of my co-workers does and I know he's in some sort of MMA pool. I can ask him on monday how it works if anyone is interested in doing something like that.

An a reply to the OP, you are right, these ARE the best forums, for pretty much anything and everything.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Thank you, and Dobber MMA has been a dream of mine for two years now. Just need the money, the time and the people
    I'd happily use time to write for free, one day dreaming of money.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I don't think it would be all that hard really, other than finding a site that could/would host. I think you could set one up and run it similar to a box pool and do it on paper, or a spreadsheet even, if it came to that. (And yes Loch I get all the possible double entendres in that last sentence.)

Just run it like a salary cap hockey league. Give each owner a set amount to spend to build a stable of fighters across all weight classes and allow them to pick and choose between fighters to assemble their team.

Since MMA goes year round, break it up into 6 month seasons. Every 6 months regenerate dollar values for each fighter based on performance from the previous 6 months. And it doesn't have to be 6 months, it could be a full calender year or even 4 month seasons.
    I like the every 6 months or whatever thing. Could be every 20 events so you'd have a say "UFC 130-150" Champion. That way you might not have Silva or Jones or GSP going 1st or whatever everytime. An MMA/UFC pool would actually be really interesting.

You get points for your fighters wins, finishes etc. There's actually a site it's called kountermove dot com and it calculates a fighters overall performance. Check it out if you have the time. I like the way they do fantasy MMA. Not just the typical pick em round 1, round 2 finish, decision format.

Each event you pick a team of 5 fighters and depending on how many strikes they land, takedowns, submission attempts and most importantly a finish, for example a 1st round finish is typically the most points your fighter can get and each fighter has a set salary.

I don't know would be really interesting. With UFC airing on FOX, doing 30+ shows a year, starting Ultimate Fighters all over the world, Australia, India, Brazil... and the inclusion of the 135 pound women's division, I have a feeling were going to see another MMA "boom". Fantasy MMA and MMA in general might be a good space to fill.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sexymountain View Post
    I like the every 6 months or whatever thing. Could be every 20 events so you'd have a say "UFC 130-150" Champion. That way you might not have Silva or Jones or GSP going 1st or whatever everytime. An MMA/UFC pool would actually be really interesting.

You get points for your fighters wins, finishes etc. There's actually a site it's called kountermove dot com and it calculates a fighters overall performance. Check it out if you have the time. I like the way they do fantasy MMA. Not just the typical pick em round 1, round 2 finish, decision format.

Each event you pick a team of 5 fighters and depending on how many strikes they land, takedowns, submission attempts and most importantly a finish, for example a 1st round finish is typically the most points your fighter can get and each fighter has a set salary.

I don't know would be really interesting. With UFC airing on FOX, doing 30+ shows a year, starting Ultimate Fighters all over the world, Australia, India, Brazil... and the inclusion of the 135 pound women's division, I have a feeling were going to see another MMA "boom". Fantasy MMA and MMA in general might be a good space to fill.
    Kountermove is exactly what I had in mind, without ever seeing their game. All they need to do is instead of single event string it out over the course of multiple events. And really you could do that yourself while using their game.

Set it up as a free league, record the results of each event. After each event post them on say a Google spreadsheet keep it updated so the league members can see their total points and standings and when your predetermined "season" ends make your own payouts.

I advocate for the "season" approach as it allows for strategy rather than just a straight up pick 'em. Use Kountermove's cap, fighter dollar values, and allow players a set number of moves over the course of the season. That would require the commish to track things manually, but the particulars can be tailored to keep the work at a manageable level.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....