Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: .....two week break.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default .....two week break.

REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Novice

Just put the nail in the coffin already. These childish games between the league and the NHLPA is sickening.....I agree with Hybrid game over.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

No way. I can't concede to the season being done. It's November 15th but still time to get serious and work a deal. I do believe December 1st is out, but I can see a Christmas date timeframe for games to begin and play around a 50 game season. I just wish they'd stop chirping to the media and the like, and just shut up- find some common ground and chip away at this thing.

Dobber Sports Guru

Effing ridiculous. What is the point of a two week break? What good does that serve?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm taking the positive route in this. If the season is done the NHL would not have suggested a break in negotiations. They would have cancelled the season. The will be 1 or 2 more kicks of the can.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Veteran

The owners are not giving in on this.......I think I agree with Recchi on this. Its only going to get worse.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Banned

1) A two week break is irrelevant since games will be cancelled through December 15th anyway.

2) US Holiday Weekend coming up, probably wouldn't have talked anyway.

3) We have been without hockey for exactly one month and one week. Not very long in reality. You can all last another month or two without it.

4) There will be a season. Guaranteed. Or I quit the Dobber Forums.

5) Enough with the doom and gloom, fans everywhere. We have no knowledge about the negotiations, and they are out of our control, so don't get so stressed out over it.

6) Remember, this is a mirror of the NBA lockout. Look it up on wiki. The union won't decertify though.

7) In reference to point 6, NBA's lockout was over 2 weeks after Stern said the season was in jeopardy.

8) Ignore the media, especially Allan Walsh and Larry Brooks.

9) Why am I making a numbered list?

10) No matter what other people say, the CHL is not an adequate replacement for NHL hockey.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    4) There will be a season. Guaranteed. Or I quit the Dobber Forums.
    Not that I wanna see you go but... STICKY PLEASE

Banned

8) Ignore the media...
    agreed.

because NONE of them have a fkn clue...

Dobber Sports Veteran

More and more irreversible damage is happening by the day. I'm not coming back to the NHL for a long time, maybe ever, if the season does not start by Jan 1st. We all need to make it clear that we've had enough.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Effing ridiculous. What is the point of a two week break? What good does that serve?
    Bettman doesn't have to wake up early now.
    10 Team One Year H2H Non-Playoff League
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, STP, ATOI, SOG, BLK, DEF Pts.
    Goalies: W, SO, Svs., SV%, GAA
    Daily Roster 9 Forwards 5 Defence 2 Goalies 2 UTIL count.
    F - Seguin, Voracek, Ladd, Little, Cammalleri, Panarin, Domi, Barkov, Nelson, Zucker, Monahan, Koivu, Draisaitl, Couture (IR)
    D - Carlson, Faulk, Ekblad, Vatanen, Lindholm, Krug
    G - Luongo, Jones, Rask

Dobber Sports Genius

You know, I find it oddly comforting to know that all of this hurts the owners and players a lot more than it hurts me. I am unable to watch hockey for a while, but they are all losing millions of dollars. Don't know why, but that fact makes me feel better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    We all need to make it clear that we've had enough.
    Why do we though? It's just a product, that's all it is. Our money isn't invested in the NHL unless they are actually playing. If you bought tickets, you could get your money back. What are they taking away from you right now? It's like if TV writers went on strike for a year. People would still watch TV after. All it is is entertainment. They are not ruining your lives or stealing money from you while being locked out.

IMO, if somebody didn't keep watching hockey after the NHL came back, then the sport wasn't all that important to them anyway (and that's not a bad thing).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wink We were on a break!

9) Why am I making a numbered list?
    Love this Ev!

All this talk about taking a two week break makes me think of the episode from Friends (got this from the Urban Dictionary):

WE WERE ON A BREAK!
    something Ross on Friends says too much. Rachel said, let's take a break, so Ross boinked Chole, the punk girl from the copy center. He and Rachel immediately made-up, but when she found out about the boinking, she was pissed.

Ross spent the next four years or so saying, "WE WERE ON A BREAK!"
    She wants me to take responsibility for everything that went wrong in our relationship. I mean she goes on for five pages about, about how I was unfaithful to her! "Well...WE WERE ON A BREAK!"
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

Why do we though? It's just a product, that's all it is. Our money isn't invested in the NHL unless they are actually playing. If you bought tickets, you could get your money back. What are they taking away from you right now? It's like if TV writers went on strike for a year. People would still watch TV after. All it is is entertainment. They are not ruining your lives or stealing money from you while being locked out.

IMO, if somebody didn't keep watching hockey after the NHL came back, then the sport wasn't all that important to them anyway (and that's not a bad thing).
    I've supported them financially, emotionally etc for a long time. Three lockouts in under 20 years, really? I have no interest in giving them my money and interest if they think NOTHING of my previous time/investment. If this was the first time, I'd perhaps not feel the same but I'm almost beyond it.

I endured the full season debacle in 2004 and understood that was over a point that would reform the game. This isn't about a generational issue, it's just about slicing up the pie and several peripheral issues. If they can't even figure that out, they're not competent to run a hot dog stand, let alone a billion dollar enterprise. The NHL and PA management have long since run behind that of the other big 3 sports in the U.S. and it's a GD embarrassment this time. I'm not defending it this time, I'm really not. Their deadline with me is Jan 1st. Beyond that, I'm killing off the Dynasty league I run, and not playing fantasy, buying Center Ice or anything else again. I'm so pissed, I'm willing to play Fantasy Basketball.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne