Thread: Icevenom's 'Official' COD BlackOps2 review....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Icevenom's 'Official' COD BlackOps2 review....

Hello all, as promised to Bondon, here is my review...

I've only played the new game for about 2 hours. I bounced between single player, multiplayer, and zombies to test a few things out.

Zombies...
    What is there to say that hasn't been said. It seems like previous versions but with more features. Seems fun playing with friends.

Multiplayer...
    The hit detection issues I experienced with previous black ops on ps3 seem to be gone. The graphicss and maps seem pretty good as well as the general smoothness of the gameplay. Definately an improvement. It feels different to MW3 but not in a bad way. Still enjoyable.
    The maps seem pretty interesting so far. The class systems are a welcome change. Very customizable.

Menu for the game feels smoother and not at all laggy (as previous versions were).

Single Player...
    Story line seems whack. A bit of the usual COD drama and game play. I only got a few missions in but I wasn't bored. The real fun is multiplayer anyway.

So far so good, I recommend it for the shooter enthusiasts. They definately polished this one off properly...

For those who want to play online together, feel free to add me. My User ID is the same as my forum name
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Deity

I plan on buying this for my son for Christmas. Of course, I will enjoy it myself. Right now my son is still playing the Zombie mode (for some reason he likes that more then the multi-player mode) on COD.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I plan on buying this for my son for Christmas. Of course, I will enjoy it myself. Right now my son is still playing the Zombie mode (for some reason he likes that more then the multi-player mode) on COD.
    I'm not surprised. A few of my friends got their girlfriends into zombie mode.... something about the castle defence vs the hordes of zombies... just gets someone pumped!

I always hate learning the new maps on these games. If I had a dollar for everytime I had someone somehow shoot me from behind.
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by icevenom View Post
    I'm not surprised. A few of my friends got their girlfriends into zombie mode.... something about the castle defence vs the hordes of zombies... just gets someone pumped!

I always hate learning the new maps on these games. If I had a dollar for everytime I had someone somehow shoot me from behind.
    Haha, yeah that always takes some getting used to with COD games...once you get the hang of the map though it becomes pretty easy to spawn trap.

Glad to hear that the game isn't like what I experienced in the first Black Ops. I probably won't buy this game though, at least not until the price significantly drops if at all because I got Halo 4 and it's very similar to COD to begin with lol.

Thanks for the writeup icevenom!
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Haha, yeah that always takes some getting used to with COD games...once you get the hang of the map though it becomes pretty easy to spawn trap.

Glad to hear that the game isn't like what I experienced in the first Black Ops. I probably won't buy this game though, at least not until the price significantly drops if at all because I got Halo 4 and it's very similar to COD to begin with lol.

Thanks for the writeup icevenom!
    lol np. When I get HALO4, I may join you on XBL. I think i'm getting it in December.

On a COD note... I think the game may have overpowered SMGs... you can run around with an mp7 and more or less mow everyone down. I went 50-6 lastnight on one server (23 kills were w/ the gun, rest were with my kill streaks).