Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Skyfall

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Javier Bardem was by far the star of Skyfall. Without him it would have been completely meh.

Dobber Sports Expert

i'm surprised to hear people weren't impressed with the villian. I thought he was AWESOME. One of the best villians I've ever seen, IMO. I think he calm and cool and smart ass demeanor were classic. I don't think he "did" very much as a villain, but I guess you don't see someone who is into cyber crime physically do much.

Loved the movie though. I don't read or listen to reviews on the internet or TV, so I really don't get bogged down by overhype.
    Napolian Dynamite, that's a different story. Saw it after everyone said it was sooooo great. Hated it.

I never really cared for Bond movies before Daniel Craig. My dad is a huge fan since its inception, so I have a little history there. Didn't like Pierce at all as Bond. though I haven';t seen one of his in years. Might check them out again to give a real comparison to DC. I would be excited for DC in many more Bond films.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Administrator

As much as I loved the movie I can't help but laugh at the decision to run with a 77-year-old woman as the main Bond girl. Go Judi Dench!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/11/...12-12-skyfall/

Spoony picks this movie apart after starting out liking it. He's just about as nitpicky as they come.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Superstar

I saw it on the weekend and wasn't a fan. I've also read 6-8 reviews on it and whether the reviewer loved it or hated it they all seem to agree on one thing: This isn't a typical James Bond movie.

I did really enjoy the villian he was very good in his role and I thought stole the whole movie.

But I go to Bond movies to see Gadgets, Guns, Girls, Car chases, and a supervillian determined to blowup the world. Skyfall had none of these. I don't really care why James Bond is the way he is, I always thought some of his charm was that they never explained Bond he just WAS. All the Daniel Craig movies have insisted on explaining different parts of Bond's personality and history and if they want to continue this movie series for another 50 years they're going to run out of backstory to tell. I do really like Daniel Craig as Bond when he's being classic Bond, seducing girls and kicking ass, I just wish they'd let him do that more.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Pro

I wouldn't complain to see some more T&A in future Bond films, thats for sure. Scarlett Johansson, anyone?