Thread: How am I drafting?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default How am I drafting?

Hey fellas,

Just wantd to get some opinions as to how I've drafted thus far. Because of the lockout, our normally beer-laden 3-4 hour 3 round draft has turned into a 24 hour per pick marathon. It's given us all a little more time to consider our picks but you can imagine the frustration for those of us who are ready to pick at a moment's notice! Wait a second, I'm here for opinion's, not to complain...

28 team, pts only, limited keeper - my team in sig. - picks updated.

1. Yakupov
    2. Galchenyuk
    3. Forsberg
    4. Grigorenko
    5. Schultz
    6. Teravainen
    7. Rielly
    8. Hertl
    9. Conacher
    10. Faksa
    11. Murray
    12. Subban
    13. Dumba
    14. Reinhart
    15. Collberg
    16. Girgensons
    17. Vasilevski
    18. Pearson
    19. Pouliot
    20. Brunner
    21. Foligno
    22. Jankowski
    23. Wilson
    24. Cervenka
    25. Barberio
    26. Ceci
    27. Dansk
    28. Maata

29. Gaunce
    30. Aberg
    31. Koekkoek
    32. Mrazek
    33. Bozon
    34. Laughton
    35. Samuelsson
    36. Di Giuseppe
    37. Lindholm
    38. Killorn
    39. Prince
    40. Palat
    41. Prokhorkin
    42. on the clock

As you can see, there are a few players from last year's crop available but generally these are guys who stand out in the AHL after lackluster or unspectacular finished to their junior careers.

So how am I doing with
    22. Jankowski
    31. Koekkoek
    Killorn

?

I've got one more pick in the second at 49, then two picks near the middle of the third round.

At 49 I'm hoping for a guy like Sproul, Griffith, Sgarbossa, Trouba, Rau, Frk, Tvrdon, Schmaltz or Mike Reilly.

Any suggestions on who to take?

Any commentary is appreciated.

Cheers

P
    28 team, pts only, Keep 9 (or 10 if you miss playoffs)

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz
    D: [B] Hedman, *Girard, Jones, Petry, Doughty
    G: [B] Vasilevskiy

Farm
    Heponiemi, Comtois, Kayumov, Krebs, Abramov, Khovanov, Shalagin, Dineen,

I...am your father.

I don't like the Jankowski pick at all (sorry, don't mean to be down on you). You're not going to see him on your pro team before 2017 IMO, unless he surges in his development. In fact, your other two picks are better.

Players drafted after Jankowski I would rather have: Cervenka, Barberio, Killorn, Prokhorkin
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I was really torn at the pick. Had my heart set on Foligno and he went the pick before mine. I had thought that Barberio would still be there at 31 so hedged my bet and went for what I thought would be good value in Jankowski.

You've just nailed the concerns I had with taking him though - will be a long time before I see him on my roster and my squad is built to contend sooner rather than later. Have started to shop him with a couple of prairie boys; selling hard on the fact that Feaster speaks so highly of him.

Any thoughts on who I might shoot for with the 49th?

Thanks for the response btw

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz

Farm

I...am your father.

Yes, I figured it was a panic move because your guy was taken the pick before. I've had that happen before, especially with time limits...I thought was picking one guy and then suddenly he's gone and I'm left scrambling.

I would have to see who is available to advise on next pick, and I'm off to bed now. But fire up a few names and I can take a look tomorrow
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Trouba and William Karlsson just went. There are five picks before mine, so here are the names I am considering:

Sproul
    Clendening
    Griffith
    Frk
    Schmaltz
    Kichton
    Lucia
    Kerdiles
    Sgarbossa
    Trochek

Let me know who you think provides the best chance at making an impact at the NHL level in the next year or so.

And who has the best upside, pts only overall.

Cheers

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

Farm

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey guys,

Didn't get much of a response to my earlier question so I'll try a new direction. In the keeper league I detail in my sig and opening post, which dman would you rather take in the three-round prospect draft and why:

Matt Donovan
    Brendan Kichton

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

Farm