Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Search For The Next Big Power Forward

Banned

Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Robin Lehner
    Haha awesome.

Another guy who we've overlooked, probably because of his forgettable name: Zemgus Girgensons.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jsuites View Post
    Haha awesome.

Another guy who we've overlooked, probably because of his forgettable name: Zemgus Girgensons.
    Love that name, and like him as a player but upside is questionable and with Ennis, Hodgson, Grigorenko, etc. in BUF I doubt he gets a shot in top 6 (and pretty hard to score 50+ outside of the top 6)

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Love that name, and like him as a player but upside is questionable and with Ennis, Hodgson, Grigorenko, etc. in BUF I doubt he gets a shot in top 6 (and pretty hard to score 50+ outside of the top 6)
    True that.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Charlie Coyle and Nick Bjugstad.

HM: Tom Wilson.
    Bjugstad is an interesting mention and I am curious why you said him. Tell me more! Is he the nasty type that can rack up the PIMs?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Bjugstad is an interesting mention and I am curious why you said him. Tell me more! Is he the nasty type that can rack up the PIMs?
    No.....not like a Backes or a Perry, but should have around a solid 60 pim.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    No.....not like a Backes or a Perry, but should have around a solid 60 pim.
    Yeah, more of the hooking/interference variety than for pounding people's faces.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yeah, more of the hooking/interference variety than for pounding people's faces.
    With his abilities, they won't want him in the sin bin too often.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

The Great One

I'll spit out a few names that I don't think anyone has touched on yet.

Daniel Catenacci
    Mark McNeill
    Boone Jenner
    Brett Ritchie
    Tyler Biggs

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Nick Bjugstad will net you a whole bunch of points, just won't get those misconducts that you are seeking to pump up those PIM's..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    So who are the best power forward prospects out there? Who will be the next David Backes/Milan Lucic/Scott Hartnell?

Since the definition of power forward varies, here's some basic criterions the prospect must fill:

- Good goal scorer (30+ goal upside)
    - 50+ points upside
    - Loves to engage physically (150+ hits upside)
    - Willingness to drop the gloves (100+ PIM upside); occasional dirty hits will do too since this is fantasy hockey

So not looking for the next Ovechkin here (lacks in the PIM department; that rules out Yakupov I would think). Has to be a power forward in the traditional sense (like Tocchet, Stevens, Tkachuk, Shanahan, Neely etc.) so needs to have good PIM totals too on top of great goal and good point totals.

Anyone come to mind that could be the next multi-cat stud to own? There are a lot of good power forward prospects out there but looking for the best of them. The next big multi-cat fantasy stud like Backes is.

M.Foligno seems like a solid candidate but I don't think he'll be quite the goal scorer and points guy as Backes/Lucic/Hartnell are.
    What about Cory Conacher ?? He's a very gritty player and he'll put up points I just don't know anything about how much of a hitter he is ?? And YES I know he is really small but I don't think he knows that !! He could be a fantastic sleeper ??
    12 team Full Keeper
    G,A +/- Hits,BS,SOG,ATOI,PPP,FOW,PIM,GWG,W,Saves,Save%,GAA ,SO
    C:Crosby,R.Johanson,J.Carter,Brassard,Fisher,Kadri ,Vermette
    RW:Ovechkin,Voracek,Hornquist,Niederieter,Silfverb erg
    LW:Benn,Zetterberg,Panarin,Hartnell,Ladd,Hertl
    D:Hedmen,OEL,Buff,Letang,Klingberg,Chara,Gudas,Orp ik
    G:Price,Crawford,Dubnyk,Darling,Miller

10 Team Full Keeper 29 Roster 5 Minors Full Roto
    C-Crosby,Backstrom,Kopitar,Krejci,RNH,Plekanec,
    LW-Hall,Saad,Krieder,Perron,Boedker
    RW-Okposo,Atkinson,Niederietter,Shaw
    D-Letang,Hedman,Green.Klingberg,S.Jones,Chara,Orpik
    G-Bobrovski,Lehner,Niemi,Helly,Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Barkov is a good power forward pick coming up in the draft. He probably won't crack 100 PIM, but he could settle around 150 hits, and his scoring could end up a lot higher than Backes or Lucic which would make up for the PIM a bit.

Power forward's are really hard to peg this early in their development....as of right now the big PIM players (Moroz, Wilson, etc.) haven't showed much offense and it's hard to tell if it will ever develop. And the players that have showed the required scoring upside (Kreider, Coyle, etc.) don't have the PIM or maybe even hits to qualify.

Power forward types in my experience are usually players you need to acquire a few years after their draft.....we all know those players usually take a little longer to develop, so they will usually hit a lull in their hype after 3-4 years which is a good time to buy low-ish on them. By that point you have some more information on them and a better understanding of their overall upside.....but you're still able to get them pretty cheap.

That's why Tangradi is finally a trade target for me this year.....people are finally giving up on him but he's still only 23. Now is the perfect time to take a chance on him as the asking price should be fairly low, but the potential has always been there and it's been 5 years since he was drafted. If he's ever going to break into the NHL now is the time.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frazmo12 View Post
    What about Cory Conacher ?? He's a very gritty player and he'll put up points I just don't know anything about how much of a hitter he is ?? And YES I know he is really small but I don't think he knows that !! He could be a fantastic sleeper ??
    Naw, too small to be a power forward and not even guaranteed to make the NHL full time yet.

Dobber Sports Novice

looking for a pim guy that can score... i would have to throw patrick maroon out there, tons of pim and can score, I think anh could use a few younger guys this year or next. Now he is a long shot but i think thats what your looking for.
    League: CBS 21 Team KEEPER POOL,
    Cats: +/-, FG,FA, DG, DA, PPP, , SOG, GAA , PIM,AND+/-
    12 FORWARDS,6 DMEN,2 GOALIES
    Jones David ,Couture Logan, Fleischmann Tomas ,Kadri Nazem, Hall, Taylor , Pacioretty Max
    Palmieri Kyle , Clarkson, David
    Ryan Bobby, Iginla Jarome ,Jokinen Olli ,Eakin Cody

Fowler, Cam ,Green, Mike, Karlsson Erik
    Markov Andrei ,Shattenkirk Kevin ,Subban, P.K.

Anderson, Craig G OTT, Miller, Ryan G BUF

PROSPECTS
    Pirri, Brandon ,Scheifele, Mark,Marincin, Martin D EDM,Morin, Jeremy LW CHI

Dobber Sports Pro

I've got a name for you. Chris Brown. Very little, if any, mention of his name on this forum. Followed him a little for last couple of yrs but havent drafted him yet (my league doesnt have deep farm teams). Phoenix is light up front so a winger like him could sneak in there faster than normal. Good pro start already. 8 pts, 28 PIM in 10 GP.