Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Winter Classic canceled

Dobber Sports Pro

Administrator

This year's winter classic is going to be me building a snowman in my front yard.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Angry

we all expected this, but this is terrible news.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Immortal

I hope this sends their success in the States with this event back 10 years. Screw these greedy pricks.

Dobber Sports Guru

F. Brutal. This one would've been epic too.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I hope this sends their success in the States with this event back 10 years. Screw these greedy pricks.
    I'd be fine with that. Let them squabble over a smaller pie next time. Maybe after a couple more lockouts they'll finally learn...

I wonder what the real drop-dead date for the Winter Classic is. Are we really there now? I doubt it, but what do I know?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    I'd be fine with that. Let them squabble over a smaller pie next time. Maybe after a couple more lockouts they'll finally learn...

I wonder what the real drop-dead date for the Winter Classic is. Are we really there now? I doubt it, but what do I know?
    Some payments had to be made by today. So instead of paying for stuff and gambling that the CBA gets signed, they just shut the door.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post

I cant see U of M sitting around waiting for these two groups to settle their differences. I am sure they are already looking at another way to make 3M by booking their stadium.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I honestly never thought it would go this far...
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post

I am surprised its lasted this long myself. Then again, with Fehr at the helm for the players its hard not to have seen this coming. I dont want to say this is why they brought him in, but the players had to have known this would probably end up happening. The players just got their last escrow cheque this week. That will hold most of them off for a bit but heres where it will get fun.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not a surprise given all the the 'deadlines' Bettman has tried to impose on the CBA negotiations so far. This one would have been detrimental to his bargaining position and had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    You and me both, brother.

I am currently at Stage-4 (ie Depression) of the Five Stages of Grief.

Not sure I will be entertaining Stage-5 (ie acceptance) anytime soon.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Immortal

My hotel won't even let me cancel yet. Bastards....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Really surprised they cancelled the game. I thought the owners would try and hold onto the Winter Classic as long as they could.

And with the WC gone, the chances of there being hockey at all this season just went down substantially.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    And with the WC gone, the chances of there being hockey at all this season just went down substantially.
    It is very depressing that I find myself agreeing with this statement. Poor Leafs fans... management sticks you with a crap team for most of a decade and then when you finally get something awesome to cheer for you get shafted again.

I think this is going to keep going because as much as folks say the players don't have leverage one quick check of Marlies ticket prices vs Leafs ticket prices completely f*cks that argument.

The AHL is the 2nd highest level of hockey in North America and the Leafs are in the most lucrative market yet I can get 2 lower bowl platinum seats for under $100? Yeah, someone tell me the last time you could get one platinum seat at a Leafs game for under $100.

Nice to see pro sports continue to teach the children the value of co-operation and teamwork!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril