Thread: Steven Jackson

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Steven Jackson

Read today that the Rams have received offers for him. That combined with the rumours he won't be re-signed after this season and the fact that he's losing touches to Richardson may make Richardson a good waiver pick up this week...
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

I could see Packers going after him or D. Williams. When is the deadline, Tuesday?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I could see Packers going after him or D. Williams. When is the deadline, Tuesday?
    Yeah it's tomorrow (Tuesday) but I read that they may postpone it due to the hurricane.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont mean to hi-jack this thread, but I didnt see the sense in creating a new one for the same player and its basically for the same reason as the OP.

Jacksons future.. He's obviously an older running back. Can he still be a productive one and if so for how long? I know the Rams what Richardson to get more touches, which means less for Jackson.

If you were trying to improve your RB situation, because you had crappy ones, would Jackson be one you would consider acquiring or is he a "stay away from" RB?
    Last edited by Axeman33; November 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont mean to hi-jack this thread, but I didnt see the sense in creating a new one for the same player and its basically for the same reason as the OP.

Jacksons future.. He's obviously an older running back. Can he still be a productive one and if so for how long? I know the Rams what Richardson to get more touches, which means less for Jackson.

If you were trying to improve your RB situation, because you had crappy ones, would Jackson be one you would consider acquiring or is he a "stay away from" RB?

Are we talking about rest of this year or in the next couple of years? If it's long term, I think he can produce some decent numbers in the right situation for another year. As for this season, I think he can still produce. The guy still looks good when he runs the ball, just hasn't been getting many holes to run through. What will he cost you? If not much, I say you try to acquire him because he might have one or two nice games this year that can help our team.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Are we talking about rest of this year or in the next couple of years? If it's long term, I think he can produce some decent numbers in the right situation for another year. As for this season, I think he can still produce. The guy still looks good when he runs the ball, just hasn't been getting many holes to run through. What will he cost you? If not much, I say you try to acquire him because he might have one or two nice games this year that can help our team.
    I am looking long term, this year and beyond.

So basically, in your opinion, he is worth acquiring, but his value is somewhat lower then most other RB's?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Real life, no. Fantasy, yes. If he falls in the right spot next year, with a semi competent O-line, he will have a quality RB2 campaign.