Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Dobber Sports Star

***SPOILERS***

As well, I agree with MD on this one. I hate that they tried to send Merle out with some sense of honour. Why martyr him? He was a douche bag and it seemed like such an unlikely switch of character for him in the scene with him and Michonne in the car.

That being said, I thought the scene when Daryl found Merle was brilliant. Definitely one of my favourite scenes of the season, and the way Michael Rooker and more importantly, Norman Reedus pulled it off, sent chills down my spine. Great stuff.

Oh ya, and Merle drinking whiskey in a car gathering walkers while blaring Motörhead? Awesome...

Rylant
    Last edited by Rylant; March 25, 2013 at 4:52 AM.

Dobber Sports Master

Good episode. Its gonna be carnage for the next one. I'll be super pissed if Daryl dies. I think he is my favorite character left. Michonne and Daryl will seek justice and kill the gov. He's got to go....

I dont think they can stay with that storyline forever. The end goal has to be finding a place that isn't a prison, but safe... Either that or everyone dies trying to find it. I just think the whole Woodberry storyline should come to a close.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I agree. In my opinion, The Walking Dead is filled with some decent actors, a couple brutal actors (Sarah Wayne Callies or Chandler Riggs...), but they have had in the cast what I would consider to be 3 elite, world-class actors. Those 3 actors are Scott Wilson (Hershel), Jon Bernthal (Shane), and Michael Rooker (Merle). Sadly, they have now killed off 2 of those elite actors!

Rylant
    yea I don't know, I thought Shane was awful
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

3rd straight week of missing an episode for me.
    After watching the first 2.5 seasons without missing... I'm about done with this character group and location.

I get my updates now right here. (Thanks.)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I really hope that we don't see the end of the Governor next week. I feel like there is so much that can be done with the character that I hope he's not killed just because he's the bad guy and it's the end of the season. Where does this show go without him? Seriously.....
    Unless there's some sort of new contagion that causes his body to completely mutate allowing them to bring in a new (good) actor to play the Governor then I whole-heartedly disagree. I find the Governor hilarious but he's awful. Just pure awful. Kill him and move on. Where does the show go from here without him? I dunno, lots of places. There's always going to be more zombies to kill, which is what's going to keep The Walking Dead relevant.

The problem is their need for non-changing sets. Because they spend so much on having the best special effects on TV they have to skimp on things like actors and limit themselves to re-usable set pieces like the farm and the prison and so on, which constrains what the show could be.

Personally, I could probably watch two more seasons with the gang just on the run. Maybe they don't kill the Governor and instead decide to run away so there's always kind of that fear factor knowing this crazy super-villain dude is out there and that leads them to run into other people or other situations and then after a couple of years once we've gotten the terrible acting governor out of our systems he comes back for an epic five episode run that is the epitome of over the top insanity.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

I agree. In my opinion, The Walking Dead is filled with some decent actors, a couple brutal actors (Sarah Wayne Callies or Chandler Riggs...), but they have had in the cast what I would consider to be 3 elite, world-class actors. Those 3 actors are Scott Wilson (Hershel), Jon Bernthal (Shane), and Michael Rooker (Merle). Sadly, they have now killed off 2 of those elite actors!

Rylant
    I'm sure the actor for Shane is good, I actually really enjoyed the character but I could never get over his appearance on How I Met Your Mother as Carlos, where he had like no lines and was essentially a complete tool.

Also, there have been some other great scene stealing actors on the show:

Lenny James as Morgan has been phenomenal in his few episodes. And Michael-Raymond James was so good it was stupid as the bad guy in the bar scene/shoot-out with Rick.

It's crazy how much this show picks up when they bring in a good actor. Actually, it's not. Some poor casting decisions early on doomed this show to enjoyable mediocrity before it ever got off the ground and the decision to stick with the characters portrayed by those bad actors has simply made things worse. The Rick character could actually be something awesome if played by a good actor. Hell so could the Carl character but at least with Carl you can only blame them for making him such an integral character when we all know that child actors are extremely hit or miss.

Administrator

***SPOILERS***

As well, I agree with MD on this one. I hate that they tried to send Merle out with some sense of honour. Why martyr him? He was a douche bag and it seemed like such an unlikely switch of character for him in the scene with him and Michonne in the car.

That being said, I thought the scene when Daryl found Merle was brilliant. Definitely one of my favourite scenes of the season, and the way Michael Rooker and more importantly, Norman Reedus pulled it off, sent chills down my spine. Great stuff.

Oh ya, and Merle drinking whiskey in a car gathering walkers while blaring Motörhead? Awesome...

Rylant
    Man, it was so blatantly obvious that this was how Merle was going to go out. You just knew from the second the Governor laid the Michonne deal on the table that Merle was going to go rogue and try to take her to him. Other than how obvious it was and also how much of a cop out it was that he eventually let's Michonne go I actually felt like Merle's send off was well earned. Yeah, they made him a martyr, which was bullshit but at least he did what he did trying to kill the Governor, which he has been spouting off about needing to be done for a while so at least that part was sticking with his character. I still don't get any of the logic behind him taking Michonne and then at the last minute letting her go but I suppose as he said, "I'm a damned mystery to me."

Yup, and so is this show.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Man, it was so blatantly obvious that this was how Merle was going to go out..
    Ya.....it was also so blatantly obvious when last week my co-worker was like "hey Dave check out this pic of Merle as a zombie".....

Dobber Sports Expert

*SPOILERS*

Anyone watch the season finale last night? I thought it played out like I thought it would with the blonde girl. At first I thought they were leaving a cliff hanger, but I'm glad they didn't....

I had forgotten that the Governors people had all the military equipment like the 50 cal roof mounted machine gun and rocket launchers. holy hell. I'm not really a "try and figure things about before they happen" kind of guy but I really was trying to figure out what the prison mates plans were to fight them off.

Good episode in general. So glad Darryl was left intact
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Stud

The finale was absolutely awful. Nothing happened. They built up storylines and dragged out scenes for nothing. Rick versus the Governor? LOL.

That was one of the worst finales I've ever seen in general. After season 1 and 2 there was excitement. I don't have much hope for season 4. This whole governor thing is already stale.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    The finale was absolutely awful. Nothing happened. They built up storylines and dragged out scenes for nothing. Rick versus the Governor? LOL.

That was one of the worst finales I've ever seen in general. After season 1 and 2 there was excitement. I don't have much hope for season 4. This whole governor thing is already stale.
    Terrible ending. I might throw it in with Sons and just cut it out

Administrator

What a pile of garbage...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Terrible ending. I might throw it in with Sons and just cut it out
    It's difficult to just cut it out, it's a good show, but the writing, IMO, went downhill after the season 3 mid-season finale. I believe it can and will rebound, but if they drag on this Governor story all through next season, I'm going to be pissed.

I get the feeling the show wants to cater to the people that only watch for the zombies (aka the people on my facebook that thought the finale was the best thing ever). The story was amazing in season 1 and season 2 that you actually looked forward to what's to come. I found myself getting bored during most of the episodes in season 3.

The entire season could have fit into 8 epsiodes in total. Was there like 16 or something? There was a lot of pointless filler. The story dragged on and on. It was pretty bad. Entire episodes were taking place in one area. Scenes were going on for too long. I also didn't like the back and forth crap from the prison to Woodbury were episodes would soley focus on one or the other.

There isn't a single interesting storyline going into season 4. Does anyone really care about the Governor anymore or the fact that they took in the Woodybury people? Or is Carl looking like an evil, heartless child supposed to interest me? They could have at least took over Woodbury instead of going back to the prison. Lol
    Last edited by AtlantaSportsFan; April 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Immortal

There isn't a single interesting storyline going into season 4. Does anyone really care about the Governor anymore or the fact that they took in the Woodybury people? Or is Carl looking like an evil, heartless child supposed to interest me? They could have at least took over Woodbury instead of going back to the prison. Lol
    Those are actually the only two things keeping me interested! LOL! The Governor character is going to evolve...he is not in Woodbury anymore so it's not like they're dragging out the same story.

Administrator

It's difficult to just cut it out, it's a good show, but the writing, IMO, went downhill after the season 3 mid-season finale. I believe it can and will rebound, but if they drag on this Governor story all through next season, I'm going to be pissed.

I get the feeling the show wants to cater to the people that only watch for the zombies (aka the people on my facebook that thought the finale was the best thing ever). The story was amazing in season 1 and season 2 that you actually looked forward to what's to come. I found myself getting bored during most of the episodes in season 3.

The entire season could have fit into 8 epsiodes in total. Was there like 16 or something? There was a lot of pointless filler. The story dragged on and on. It was pretty bad. Entire episodes were taking place in one area. Scenes were going on for too long. I also didn't like the back and forth crap from the prison to Woodbury were episodes would soley focus on one or the other.

Let's get one thing clear. This is not a good show. It is a great concept and is still entertaining but in the sense of what typically makes good TV this show has few redeeming qualities. If there was a better zombie killing show to satisfy our thirsts this show would be roadkill. But admittedly half of the fun is about complaining about how good it could be.