Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

I...am your father.

Default Re: The Walking Dead

What did you think of Sunday's episode? After the last two clunkers, I thought Sunday was fantastic. Although...

I hated that the kids had to die. Then again, the one was getting annoying
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

I think every episode this year has been awesome. Its a differenet vibe than last season which is good. I think its building up to something big. I really like the episodes focussing on a couple characters each time. Great series and I'm glad that it has been slightly reinvented in the episodes so far.

Dobber Sports Star

I am on the verge of throwing in the towel with this show. The Zombie Apocalypse is one of my favorite genres. I have said it before, and I will say it again; the Walking Dead is an amazing premise, executed with amazing mediocrity. The acting covers every range from world class to absolutely brutal. The writing is abysmal. I WANT it to be good; sadly, it just isn't.

Rylant

Administrator

Anyone looking to throw the towel on this show needs to join me in the hate watch corner. I just watch to crack wise and see the awesome special effects. It's basically just a big-budget weekly horror film, which frankly is great, it just doesn't make for a show you can take seriously.

I thought this recent week was awesome. I was cackling the entire time. If you just start cheering against all the characters the show gets a lot more entertaining.

But I will say that there are a few characters who I genuinely enjoy. Carol is one of the best and she was in great form this past week. Probably the most redeemable character on the show both from the perspective that she makes rationale decisions and has genuine, earned character development.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

I...am your father.

Shows become my friends after I put in a year. And I watch to the end every time. I have yet to leave a show early after giving them a full year. They make it that long, I'm there whether I like it or not. Including:
    Sopranos, The Wire, Dexter, 24, Lost, Walking Dead, Revolution, The Following, The 4400, Jericho, No Ordinary Family, Heroes, Game of Thrones, Battlestar Gallactica, Breaking Bad, True Blood, Tomorrow People

I think that's a list of the only shows I've watched (other than syndicated comedies like Family Guy, Simpsons, Big Bang or HIMYM) in the last decade.

But, even if I hate it and complain, I'll watch Walking Dead in Season 18 when it's down to Carl and 3 ninja zombies on the entire planet, and aliens come to save him

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Shows become my friends after I put in a year. And I watch to the end every time. I have yet to leave a show early after giving them a full year. They make it that long, I'm there whether I like it or not. Including:
    Sopranos, The Wire, Dexter, 24, Lost, Walking Dead, Revolution, The Following, The 4400, Jericho, No Ordinary Family, Heroes, Game of Thrones, Battlestar Gallactica, Tomorrow People

I think that's a list of the only shows I've watched (other than syndicated comedies like Family Guy, Simpsons, Big Bang or HIMYM) in the last decade.

But, even if I hate it and complain, I'll watch Walking Dead in Season 18 when it's down to Carl and 3 ninja zombies on the entire planet, and aliens come to save him

I think that's the plan for season five.

Dobber Sports Sage

It was the first episode since the break after the prison fell that didn't make me want to puke at how horrible it was. Looking forward to them getting back together maybe that will liven it up a bit. As I'm close to giving up on a show that I use to enjoy a lot. Doesn't even really mater GOT is only 3 weeks away!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that they're showcasing little children firing guns on this show?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that they're showcasing little children firing guns on this show?

Maybe lol
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

I...am your father.

My wife was disturbed by it. Didn't bother me. Part of the story, and they had the courtesy to not show the deaths.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Meh, I think in a way, it's meant to be disturbing - kids HAVING to fire guns?

What concerns me more is that some people are going to think that head shots are easy make, "hey look, even that kid Carl or those two precious little girls (who didn't want to harm the zombies in one breath are now firing away with absolute killer head shots - great writing guys!?) can shoot a handgun with such accuracy". I've spent a fair amount of time shooting handguns (all legal like!) and know first hand that to be good (head shot good), you have to invest time, you can't just pick up any old handgun and start making headshots. When do we ever see the characters practicing shooting? The only one who should be a decent shot is Rick who was a Sheriff...and yet I still watch it religiously.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Meh, I think in a way, it's meant to be disturbing - kids HAVING to fire guns?

What concerns me more is that some people are going to think that head shots are easy make, "hey look, even that kid Carl or those two precious little girls (who didn't want to harm the zombies in one breath are now firing away with absolute killer head shots - great writing guys!?) can shoot a handgun with such accuracy". I've spent a fair amount of time shooting handguns (all legal like!) and know first hand that to be good (head shot good), you have to invest time, you can't just pick up any old handgun and start making headshots. When do we ever see the characters practicing shooting? The only one who should be a decent shot is Rick who was a Sheriff...and yet I still watch it religiously.
    You think THAT is the biggest leap on the show?

Dobber Sports Star

Default The Walking Dead

I know that a lot of people are excited about the return of The Walking Dead tonight. For me, this could be the last chance for the show to do something that convinces me to keep watching. I am on the verge of tuning out. Hopefully, it can turn things around for me.

Rylant

Administrator

We've already got a thread on this show. http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ad#post1250038

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    We've already got a thread on this show. http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...ad#post1250038
    I knew we had a thread on it, but couldn't find it in the last 10 pages. I didn't think it was that big a deal to start a new thread. If it is that big a deal, feel free to merge this thread with that one.

Rylant