Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I think I'm pretty much done with this show. I'll record it and fast forward through 90% of it from now on.
    I doubt I'll miss anything... It's basically a zombie soap opera at this point.
    Glen's impossible escape was the final straw for me.
    And unless I missed something, they still haven't explained Rick's miraculous escape from the RV that was surrounded by zombies.

I'm still invested in the show even though I hate some of the things they (writers/producers) do.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    And unless I missed something, they still haven't explained Rick's miraculous escape from the RV that was surrounded by zombies.

I'm still invested in the show even though I hate some of the things they (writers/producers) do.
    Yeah, I have been wondering about Rick's escape too. In my opinion, he was in as much of a predicament as Glen was...but of course we all saw how that ended.
    I was prepared to have Glen dead, and still have this suspicion (with talk of bringing in one of the comic book version's villains) he may not make it to the end of the season. Think of how pissed the fans will be if you "kill" him in Episode 3 of the season, only to bring him back so you can kill him again, for good, in the season finale. Riots will ensue.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yep...I'm pretty much hate-watching this show every week. They've taken this concept as far as they can...or are willing to. Personally, I'd be thrilled if they offered us a little hope for some sort of cure or resolution to the walkers (even if it didn't pan out). In the first few seasons they wrote in plenty of this type of thing (CDC/Washington, the phone call Rick received early in the prison era, etc.)

But, now that they're wringing this concept of every penny with Fear the Walking Dead, it seems unlikely they'll be moving down a road to a resolution of any kind.

Haven't read the comics so I don't know how things are or are not resolved, but this is starting to feel LOST-ish.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Wrist_Shot View Post
    In the first few seasons they wrote in plenty of this type of thing (CDC/Washington, the phone call Rick received early in the prison era, etc.)

But, now that they're wringing this concept of every penny with Fear the Walking Dead, it seems unlikely they'll be moving down a road to a resolution of any kind.

Haven't read the comics so I don't know how things are or are not resolved, but this is starting to feel LOST-ish.
    ...almost forgot about the helicopters as well.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya, I hope they start wrapping it up soon. Or completely switching to a different crew in a different country. Something needs to be shaken up.

As per Glen, hated it. They weren’t bold enough to kill off a main character, and they should kill off one soon. I don’t mean like Michonne main character, I mean season 1 main.

Next, progress the world somehow. Something needs to be done to help solve this issue. Or are they fixated on “this is the new world”? I want something to further this. It’s becoming a lot like Dexter in a way where, here’s the villain for a season, kill them off, start a new villain. They need to find some mad scientist doing experiments in his basement.

My theory on how it could end is every baby born into the apocalypse has adapted to the virus and will just die and not need a stab to the cranium to not get reanimated. Thus slowly switching the world over back to zombie free after a generation. So Judith and Maggie’s kid wouldn’t turn if they had just died without a bite.

As much as I didn’t like it when Breaking Bad ended, we at least didn’t get into this mundane repetitive season plot line where it was worn thin. Prison, The Gove’s place, Alexandria, the Farm. Same plot line pretty much. As they settle down, something comes and disturbs the peace slightly mid-season, and then they get overrun by the enemy (zombie or human). Same story different place almost.

I’m just more excited for Fear the Walking Dead now because I’ve been mind blown no one has gone out on a boat, now we’ll see that. I’m also shocked why they wouldn’t want to go to an island. My first thought would be Hawaii if I was down in the south. Get to a boat and just man it to Hawaii. It’s much easier to contain a virus like that on an isolated plot of land. Or find a damn pilot. Or go to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Get on an island somehow.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

lol
    Plausible? Flesh starved zombies don't notice this tasty little Asian-American dragging himself under a dumpster? Dozens of them feasting, having them both surrounded, and they don't even get a scratch on him?!
    It was a big middle finger to the viewers.
    As was the unexplained escape of Rick after he needlessly released the machine gun from inside the RV.
    I'm just tired of the lazy writing, that's all.

In fairness, Dexter suffered from this a little too. He was a meticulous killer, and yet (in later seasons) they had him making sloppy mistakes which would have made an amateur shake his head.
    And the zombies just walking away from Glen under the dumpster? That really pissed me off. They never just “walk away”. I was not happy how they wrote that scene at all

Dobber Sports Padawan

Y'all are critical as hell. It's still a great show, I enjoyed the last episode thoroughly. Yes, Glenn's escape was far fetched, but it was obvious he wasn't dead, and given the situation you knew it wouldn't exactly be plausible. I'm really not sure what people are looking for with this show. It's become huge so obviously they're going to milk it for all it's worth. I still find it entertaining, and that's really all you can ask for.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Master

Fair enough.
    I just think... and maybe I'm in the minority here... that they've exhausted the "surviving" part of the story arc.
    The show seems very tired to me; they just keep re-hashing the same thing over and over. And I think they keep doing it because their special effects are so good - it's only natural to stick with your strengths and what you know best.

I want them to settle down and start building towards a series resolution, i.e. Either a cure, or some sort of chemical warfare ("zombie flu" ? ) that wipes out the zombie population, and the remaining peeps can truly start over. If this happened in the books, great. I just hope it happens on the series well before season 15.

e.g. "I am Legend" was always rooted in a potential resolution, right from the beginning. That's the hook in the story.
    I think this is a good idea. Working toward a resolution seems like the thing that is needed.

At the end of last season and at the beginning of this one, I thought they were going to make Rick and his gang the bad guys. I thought that would have been interesting and it would have been a good character development move.

Dobber Sports Titan

Rick finally gets some. But anyone Rick goes after ends up dead….Look out Michonne!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Rick finally gets some. But anyone Rick goes after ends up dead….Look out Michonne!
    Well a core character definitely needs to die soon. I got a little excited when Carl got shot, but of course he's just horribly disfigured now.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Padawan

I still watch this show but it is far to safe for a zombie apocalypse. Even Robert Kirkman has said in interviews that he is disappointed with how safe the writers have made the main characters. Maybe him coming out and saying that will finally get some more deaths that matter on this show. I'm not waiting for the episode where one main character dies......I'm waiting for multiple to bite the dust in one episode.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    I still watch this show but it is far to safe for a zombie apocalypse. Even Robert Kirkman has said in interviews that he is disappointed with how safe the writers have made the main characters. Maybe him coming out and saying that will finally get some more deaths that matter on this show. I'm not waiting for the episode where one main character dies......I'm waiting for multiple to bite the dust in one episode.
    Agreed. Especially when Rick makes very poor decisions...they should have just killed that Jesus character. Seriously, he's already jacked your truck and proven to be very good at hand to hand combat against two of your groups best. Rick's answer is to bring him into the inner part of the compound? Really stupid decision. They should have killed him so that he can't come back at them. In a zombie apocalypse, they have to be a little colder than where Rick is right now. What does Carol think about bringing Jesus back into the heart of their humble abode? Carol for leader...2016.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Last night's episode was solid.

I really hope they expand the world through this new community... would be awesome if they open it up to maybe 2-3 different groups. Would take some pressure off having to kill a main character to keep things unpredictable.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Last night's episode was solid.

Would take some pressure off having to kill a main character to keep things unpredictable.
    The writing is on the wall for one of Abraham, Sasha or Rosita to be killed off. It's just so bloody obvious. My money is on sweet Rosy...that way Abraham and Sasha can make some angst-riddled bisquick pancakes.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The writing is on the wall for one of Abraham, Sasha or Rosita to be killed off. It's just so bloody obvious. My money is on sweet Rosy...that way Abraham and Sasha can make some angst-riddled bisquick pancakes.
    Haha yeah, that opening scene between Abraham and Sasha was way too awkward. I hope it's not Rosita, she's too hot to be killed!