View Poll Results: Keeper League: Grigorenko or Schwartz??

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • Grigorenko(BUF)

24 64.86%
  • Schwartz(STL)

13 35.14%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Grigorenko or Schwartz??

Dobber Sports Star

Likewise, LW depth in St Louis ain't so hot either with Andy McDonald UFA after this season and Steen UFA the following year. Schwartz hasn't played centre for more than 3 years -- he is a LW.

The St Louis "scoring by committee" approach won't be as necessary a couple years in the future... they've got two high-end talents in Tarasenko and Schwartz that they haven't had. You do "scoring by committee" when it's what fits your personnel and you lack that true top-end upside. I don't see those conditions being present in St Louis in a couple years...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Likewise, LW depth in St Louis ain't so hot either with Andy McDonald UFA after this season and Steen UFA the following year. Schwartz hasn't played centre for more than 3 years -- he is a LW.

The St Louis "scoring by committee" approach won't be as necessary a couple years in the future... they've got two high-end talents in Tarasenko and Schwartz that they haven't had. You do "scoring by committee" when it's what fits your personnel and you lack that true top-end upside. I don't see those conditions being present in St Louis in a couple years...
    I don't really agree because Berglund and MacDonald have as much talent and upside (that MacDonald has already reached) than Schwartz and Tarasenko. Berglund hasn't/won't reach it, but as prospects he was just as hyped and expected to be a great scorer. I think you're looking at 60-70 point max in both these STL prospects in their primes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post

totally agree... been saying this forever. i do think 60-70 points is a reasonable expectation for schwartz, as it is with most all top end prospects.... but i wouldn't put any finality to it by saying it is his maximum upside. i think schwartz and tarasenko have complimentary games and with AP and shatty on the points, i think StL is going to start scoring goals in bunches - sooner rather than later.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Ott is a leftwinger, not a center...
    He took over 1000 faceoffs last year, behind only Fiddler on the Stars (who played 8 more games, so adjusting for that, Ott took the most faceoffs of the entire team).

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    He took over 1000 faceoffs last year, behind only Fiddler on the Stars (who played 8 more games, so adjusting for that, Ott took the most faceoffs of the entire team).
    I was just about to say this. Not only did he take over 1000, he won 55.49% (Hodgson 45.89% Ennis 46.34%)
    Last edited by robmyatt; October 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/345922...s-player_news/

Is Steve Ott himself a good enough source for you?
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    I was just about to say this.Not only did he take over 100, he won 55.49% (Hodgson 45.89% Ennis 46.34%)
    He takes face-offs, but that doesn't mean he's a centre. He switches over after the puck is dropped.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That's just messed. Leading the team in faceoffs means he basically has to take every draw he's on the ice for so he basically switches back and forth every shift. No wonder he gets C/LW status.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    He takes face-offs, but that doesn't mean he's a centre. He switches over after the puck is dropped.
    I won't argue with that, but in fantasy we're often concerned about position eligibility. Last year in ESPN he was listed as C. Still is currently too, although that could change.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just wanted to say this has been a great read of a thread. Very interesting opinions from a bunch of different people

Personally, I'd take Schwartz...but I'm probably the least qualified person here haha.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    I won't argue with that, but in fantasy we're often concerned about position eligibility. Last year in ESPN he was listed as C. Still is currently too, although that could change.
    This talk wasn't about postion eligibility or even fantasy hockey. Somebody said Grigorenko will have to fight for ice time with Hodgson, Ott, and Ennis, then somebody countered and said Ott is not a centre.