Thread: Massive 3 for 3

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Massive 3 for 3

Charles + Dez + Nicks for CJohnson + Julio + Marshall.

I think it's too much considering Nicks' injury and because he was the one who originally offered just JC/Dez for CJ/Julio.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Charles side wins big.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Pro

Don't like this trade for you at all. If you trade Julio and Marshall away then your WRs are gonna be really bad. Dez is trash and Nicks is too much of a question mark. Julio and Marshall are both top 5 guys right now.

Charles, although looking great, will not be able to keep going at the rate he is. If you are trading Julio and Marshall in the same deal then I would want one of the top 5 backs in return. Charles is not one of them.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Don't like this trade for you at all. If you trade Julio and Marshall away then your WRs are gonna be really bad. Dez is trash and Nicks is too much of a question mark. Julio and Marshall are both top 5 guys right now.

Charles, although looking great, will not be able to keep going at the rate he is. If you are trading Julio and Marshall in the same deal then I would want one of the top 5 backs in return. Charles is not one of them.
    Do you even watch football?

Dez is trash? he had 4 huge drops last game and still had over 100 yards. If you trade Julio and Marshall in the same deal you want a top 5 back? What is Charles then?

If all players are healthy I like this deal for you, however Nicks seems to be getting close. I would probably still do this deal simply because RB win championships in FF.

I would take Marshall out of this deal and try to make it a 2 for 2 deal if you can. You should of accepted instantly JC/Dez for CJ/Julio. If he won't do this deal, wait until after this week when Julio goes off and offer it again.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jlucas09 View Post
    Do you even watch football?

Dez is trash? he had 4 huge drops last game and still had over 100 yards. If you trade Julio and Marshall in the same deal you want a top 5 back? What is Charles then?

If all players are healthy I like this deal for you, however Nicks seems to be getting close. I would probably still do this deal simply because RB win championships in FF.

I would take Marshall out of this deal and try to make it a 2 for 2 deal if you can. You should of accepted instantly JC/Dez for CJ/Julio. If he won't do this deal, wait until after this week when Julio goes off and offer it again.
    I watch football-- you clearly don't if you think Dez is a legit top WR, and if you think Charles is a top 5 back. Must be new to fantasy. Good luck winning your leagues.
    Last edited by rtstr; October 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by jlucas09 View Post

This is exactly what Im trying to do as this was the deal he originally offered. Now he is balking....

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    This is exactly what Im trying to do as this was the deal he originally offered. Now he is balking....
    I like this too. but losing Marshall and Julio for Nicks and Dez is not worth it for Charles. You seriously downgrade two starters to upgrade one RB. Chris Johnson sucks so you need to get rid of him. Charles is a fine replacement but can't continue producing like this for 16 weeks. I would honestly try to flip him for someone else while his value is at its highest.

Dobber Sports Padawan

this is a tough one. I'm a big fan of Nicks but who knows if he will have any other compensation injuries. Julio and Marshall are both top 5 wr's. I wouldn't be able to justify trading them both for Charles, who as mentioned probably wont be able to keep up this pace. If you feel that you can roll the dice with Nicks and the incredibly inconsistent Dez and believe charles will continue like this, make the trade.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I feel much more sure about Charles outproducing CJ.2K by a huge margin, than Julio/Marshall being way better than Dez/Nicks. If Nicks stays healthy he could easily be the most productive of the four, and even though Marshall is better than Dez its not like Dez is worthless.

Lets say Marshall continues at about the same pace and finishes with another 900 yards and 6 TDs. Julio also with 900 yards and 7 TDs. Give Nicks 800 yards plus 5 TDs and Dez 700 yards + 4 TDs. CJ2k gets 500 more yards of rushing? 200 yards of receiving, 3 more TDs. And lets say Charles slows down a little and gets "only" 900 more rushing yards, 150 yards of rushing and 5 more TDs.

This translates to:
    Marshall: 90+(6*6) = 126 fps
    Julio: 90 + (7*6) = 132 fps
    CJ.2k: 70+(3*6) = 88 fps

Total of 346 fantasypoints.

Nicks: 80+(5*6) = 110
    Dez: 70 + (4*6) = 94
    Charles: 115+(5*6) = 145

TOTAL of 349 fantasypoints.

So you are winning even with low projections on the guys you are getting, and high projections on those you give.

Of course...if you think CJ2K is going to show up all of a sudden it changes things, but I just dont see it.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Immortal

Very interesting points made right there.....

Might not even be possible anymore with CJ's inability to score at the goaline tonight. Pissed me right off.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

You have some really good responses here..

Obviously you want Charles over C.Johnson.. But do you want Nicks and D.Bryant over J.Jones and Marshall??

I would try for the original deal..

Damn, CJ didn't help your trade talks at all tonight..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post

Damn, CJ didn't help your trade talks at all tonight..
    He didnt really help the deal, but he still managed 13.40 points for me last night which is his second highest output of the season. Im actually very happy with that. Plus Britt got me a TD!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I watch football-- you clearly don't if you think Dez is a legit top WR, and if you think Charles is a top 5 back. Must be new to fantasy. Good luck winning your leagues.
    I'm actually in the top 3 for all 3 of my leagues.

What do you call a RB that is a 3 down back and gets 20+ touches a game with a lot of talent? I call that a top 5 back. Dez maybe inconsistent right now, but like I said the guy put up over 100 yards his last game and dropped a 40 yard bomb he could of walked into the endzone with.

If I can upgrade CJ to Charles with a 2 for 2 deal like the original offer. I would of just accepted right there. I don't like the 3 for 3 deal because Nicks is hurt but if they were all healthy I would still do it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    He didnt really help the deal, but he still managed 13.40 points for me last night which is his second highest output of the season. Im actually very happy with that. Plus Britt got me a TD!
    I think he actually did help your deal putting up over 100 total yards(sign of hope that won't last). I'm telling you let Julio go nuts this weekend then offer the original deal Julio/CJ for Dez/JC and I bet he accepts it.

If this is a keeper league then I wouldn't do this deal and wouldn't deal Julio for anything

Dobber Sports Immortal

Nope no keeper just a one year. And yeah CJ had a pretty decent week all things considering. Just need him to get a damn TD. Between him and SJax I have a total of ZERO rushing TDs.