Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who are your hidden gems??

Dobber Sports Deity

He really isnt much of a hidden gem. He went in our prospect draft (players with 0GP were draft eligible).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    Were those in order of value?
    Nope, just a list.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This is/was a great thread guys, thanks!

A question about Brendan Kichton. I can't seem to find much about him anywhere on the boards; at least nothing of much substance. Can anyone tell me about him? His upside seems quite big after his last two years and he seems to have picked up where he left off so far this season with 20 pts in his first 18 games.

Our league is drafting late and I think he'll probably slip into the third round of our 28 team draft.

Any help is appreciated.
    28 team, pts only, Keep 9 (or 10 if you miss playoffs)

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz
    D: [B] Hedman, *Girard, Jones, Petry, Doughty
    G: [B] Vasilevskiy

Farm
    Heponiemi, Comtois, Kayumov, Krebs, Abramov, Khovanov, Shalagin, Dineen,

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Patrick Wiercioch - Ottawa - Flys under the radar, but extreamly close and should get PPQB oppertunities, he is also a BIG customer, he is flying below radar because of Jared Cowan, would have gotten a call up had he not taken a puck in the throat last year...

Brock Nelson - NYI - anouther sizable option at center for the Isles, he could open room for thier forwards on the 2nd/3rd line (if you wanna guess who goes where thats your own problem lol) Nieds, Grabner, Kabanov, Ullstrom ect

Patrick Cehlin - Nashville - The kids has versatility, ability to score and reminds me of current Nashville vet Martin Erat, who I stole several years ago when he was a rookie unknown, not gonna light up the score sheet, but could find room in Nashville next year or year after on 3rd line or better and then growth dictates the rest.

Marc Arcobello - Edmonton - much is said about the big names the Oilers have drafted, get a look at this kid, slipery, excellent hands, explosive shot, always close to the score sheet... 5-9 is a dangerous size and is 24, but he could get a look and surprise in the David Desharnais way

Kristians Pelss - Edmonton - seen him a couple years, instant love, again versitile winger that can be found all over the ice, has much work to do, has been sent to the ECHL because Oklahoma city cant use him in an offencive role because of Hall, Paajarvi, Eberle held down...

Ethan Werek - Pheonix - still working on consistancy and has put on over 10 pounds he needed, and should grow into a strong 2-3 center where Pheonix may need a guy soon... Shinnimin and Martinook seem to get more noteriaty than Werek, but I like this kid in seeing him...

Mark Pysyk - Buffalo - dunno if he qualifies as a 1st rounder, Buffalo has great competition on D, but I can't see Pysyk staying down long and when he gets there his adjustments should come easy and will munch minutes better than many 1 dimentional D Buffalo tries to push through...

Jonathan Audy-Machessault - Columbus - Rangers missed an oppertunity to sign this guy after watching him put up 64 points in 76 games as a 5-9 rookie in the AHL... now he is almost 22, putting up point per game and Columbus got him on a Three Year Entry Level!.... he will pay with Columbus soon, and he will be produce atleast .5 PPG... and we all know how Columbus needs guys that will put up points

Ivan Telegin - Winnipeg - big LW that not many talk about with Burmistrov, Scheifele around, but Telegin will push for a NHL role very quick (next year), and will post good numbers, Great shot, personally id like to see him play with a guy that can get him the puck, im thinking Bryan Little...

Mark Barberio - Tampa - good defender had a huge AHL year last season, now looks to be best 6th rounder of 2008 and could be one of the better offencive D around very soon... he may be well known now after all the talk we had on him last year at playoff time in the AHL... (already mentioned)

Petr Mrazek - Detriot - you hear Subban, Vaslievski, Campbell ect for good reasons... Mrazek is gonna work hard to get behind Howard, and it shouldn't take long... and then he could over throw Howard...

Niklas Svedberg - Boston - has come over from Sweden just as billed. Might be a slow accention, but watch him closely.

Carter Hutton - Chicago - I'm not a big fan of him, but he keeps winning and pushing for a job higher. If your the Blackhawks, do you feel comfortable with Emery and Crawford? Carruth and Whitney are 3-5 years away....

I tend to be a bit of a gambler with a late pick or a mid season pickup, these are unknowns i'd throw the dice at alog with the guys you already mentioned: McFarland, Connauton, Dillion, Latta, Austin Smith, Petrovic (I currently own), Zoblin, Pedan, Kichton, Hudon, Oleksiak...

Also for the guy that wanted more on Kichton - http://prospects.dobbersports.com/in...ers&Itemid=129 - He has started this season with 20 points in 18 games with 7 goals...

De Haan, Wishart, Reinhart and Pedan are more rounded and solid, but Kichton is more attractive fantasy wise as a consistant offensive D worth a risk on if you need it...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

NY streets, sewers & on occasion in a farm

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Pantagruelist View Post
    This is/was a great thread guys, thanks!

A question about Brendan Kichton. I can't seem to find much about him anywhere on the boards; at least nothing of much substance. Can anyone tell me about him? His upside seems quite big after his last two years and he seems to have picked up where he left off so far this season with 20 pts in his first 18 games.

Our league is drafting late and I think he'll probably slip into the third round of our 28 team draft.

Any help is appreciated.
    Wrote a little something about Kichton in the comments section. Hope it's helpful!

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...gus&Itemid=102
    THE GOONGALA SQUAD

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jones View Post
    Wrote a little something about Kichton in the comments section. Hope it's helpful!

I actually remebered that post as it stuck in my mind and I started to follow Kichton more closely to end the season...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Lucas Lessio- one of the fastest skaters in the ohl if not all of junior
    vincent trocheck
    martin gernat
    petr mrazek
    matt nieto
    sami vatenen
    william karllson
    micharl sjarbossa
    tobias rieder
    christain thomas
    dan catenacci
    j.p. anderrson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jones View Post

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks CJ
    28 team, pts only, Keep 9 (or 10 if you miss playoffs)

Start 9 fwd, 4D, 1G

F: [B] Kuznetsov, Konecny, Hall, Crosby, Kreider, Couturier, Lindholm, Bergeron, Schmaltz
    D: [B] Hedman, *Girard, Jones, Petry, Doughty
    G: [B] Vasilevskiy

Farm
    Heponiemi, Comtois, Kayumov, Krebs, Abramov, Khovanov, Shalagin, Dineen,

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not sure if Kyle Jean was brought up? He's having a great start to his pro career in the AHL. Big guy (6'4", 215 lbs) signed out of the CCHA. Is second on his team with 9 points in 9 games and is outscoring Chris Kreider (5 pts in 8 gp).

He doesn't have a track record of being a big scorer, but those big guys have a history of taking a little longer to come into their own.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Stanislav Galiev is a guy I'm liking more and more every year since his draft. I can see him putting up big numbers alongside Ovechkin and Backstrom in 2 years.

Kyle Rau is another player I like.

Mark Barberio- Not much standing in his path to get top line PP min in Tampa and I could see him popping in with a Garrisson type season down the road.

Atkinson - Not that he is a hidden Gem anymore, but I think he could exceed everyones projections by alot, starting now. My breakout candidite for the year and sleeper pick for the ROY. I think he has a chip on his shoulder and is going to succeed....
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; November 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Guru

Riley Barber.

Leads the NCAA in freshman scoring with 18 points in 14 games. Got named to U.S. WJC preliminary roster. From the sounds of it he's very skilled and highly competitive kid. Size is probably what made him fall all the way to the 6th round this summer. Washington got a possible steal there.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Riley Barber.

Leads the NCAA in freshman scoring with 18 points in 14 games. Got named to U.S. WJC preliminary roster. From the sounds of it he's very skilled and highly competitive kid. Size is probably what made him fall all the way to the 6th round this summer. Washington got a possible steal there.
    Barber is 5-11, 185 lbs...wouldn't make sense to me if that was the reason.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think of all the promising looking forwards in Tampa Bay, Alexander Killorn is by far the least known, and I think in a couple more years he could find himself as a key contributor for Tampa Bay.

Honorable mention goes to Radko Gudas (who should be great in leagues that count PIM, hits and blocks)

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    Barber is 5-11, 185 lbs...wouldn't make sense to me if that was the reason.
    Well that's small by NHL standards. Based on what I've read about him, don't know why else he fell that low. Obviously he needs to work on his skating and other areas but so do most of the young players. Barber seems have a lot good attributes and sounds like a really good prospect.

Here's one story about him:

Barber's past coaches rave about him. Danton Cole says “he’s got a pro shot, another kid with a real high compete level and hates to lose, his battle level is real good. He does a lot of things, he’s kind of a pro winger, he gets pucks out, he understands the subtleties of the game, he’s got a good physical aspect to his game. As I said, he’s got an NHL shot, he’s a goal scorer.”
    http://www.rockthered.net/2012-artic...ey-barber.html

“He’s heady, finds net,” texted Matt Greason, another former coach of Barber’s at the USNTDP. “Love him. Gritty two way center. Blood and guts captain material and thinks the game like a pro.”

But like any draft pick, especially one in the 6th round, the 18 year-old has some work to do in order to be able to contribute at the NHL level. Greason says that he needs to get a little more “jump” to his game and work on his skating. However, it seems at the early stages that the Capitals may have gotten a steal at this position so late in the draft.
    http://www.rockthered.net/2012-artic...-to-loseq.html
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Banned

He's older but Tyler Eckford has been pretty solid offensively in Binghamton this year. I don't expect him to become anything, he's just been on fire goal-wise for a defenseman.