Page 77 of 102 FirstFirst ... 27 67 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1526

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Dallas Stars

How bad has this season been for Lehtonen? How about 60th in GAA, 62nd in SV%, and are you ready for it......89th in GA. That Duck poisoning is some nasty shit.....
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    How bad has this season been for Lehtonen? How about 60th in GAA, 62nd in SV%, and are you ready for it......89th in GA. That Duck poisoning is some nasty shit.....
    Yeah, he's been awful. I wonder what happens next year in net. Is there hope he turns it around or will there be a search for someone new? Also, Daley and Goligoski are not good NHL defencemen.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Monster

Good lord.

I had Smith to start the year and traded him. Acquired Lehtonen to be his replacement. I just can't win with goalies.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

That contract is going to be hard to unload. I really think the Stars are stuck at this point, for better or worse, with Kari. Nill keeps saying they have faith in him. But how much is faith and how much is cold hard realization that they're tied to each other because of that deal that Nieuwendyk handed him? We'll see as we get closer to draft day and free agency. As far as Kari goes, only Kari can fix Kari at this point. His struggles I think stem from that Game 6 against Anaheim.

I'd like to see them deal for a young backup who has starter potential, Martin Jones for one, that can challenge Kari. At least someone who can take on a 1A/1B role with Lehtonen if not a kid like Jones to push out Lehtonen. Campbell may yet be that guy, but I'm not at all sold.

What they decide to do with the assistants, in this case Mike Valley will factor in too. He's the one constant in this carousel behind Kari. It's hard to fathom that both Nieuwy and Nill are this crap at finding backups. Maybe Valley is sent packing or maybe they give him a chance to figure out what's wrong with his system? I'm betting on a major house cleaning among the assistants and Valley's head will be among them.

I do think they will overhaul the D but I don't think you'll see them move both Daley and Goligoski. Daley would be easier to move given his contract, and say what you will about him, I'd much rather have Goli back there than Daley. Perfect world they're both gone, but that's not likely.

Jordie Benn is another that's high on fans lists to pack his bags, though they have found a niche for him as a 7th D. He's been serviceable when they keep him buried on the third pairing and limit his minutes. That said he's UFA so he may walk or they'll let him walk, either way I think he's gone. Yeah his brother is there but he takes a ton of shit from the fans, so Jamie's presence may not be enough to keep him from going elsewhere if there's interest. He'll never be able to win with the fans at this point, the relationship is pretty sour from the fans point of view, so he moves on if he can find a taker for his services.

Nill has hinted that he feels with their prospect depth on D that a couple of them, most likely Jokipakka or Oleksiak could be moved. Nill didn't name those two, that's my supposition, but he has said some of them could be moved. Pair them with one of Daley or Goli and maybe they can pry loose a good D. My own opinion, I think they have their #1 D right in house with Mr. Klingberg, so that's not what they need to focus on when looking to upgrade the D. Getting solid defensively responsible D is the priority.

It's going to be a fun offseason to watch as the Stars are in a good place and with the right moves they are positioned to make some noise in the next couple of years. They just need to solve a few key issues and the puzzle will start to come together with patience and experience.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Mike Heika's piece on what he calls "The Lehtonen Conundrum".

Dobber Sports Sage

WTF Daley? 1 player single-handedly eliminated my comfortable lead in +/-.

I am a Lehtonen sufferer too. Thankfully, I benched him and actually dropped him to my minor league roster. Stalock this week will really help out.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Guru

How did Nichushkin look in his first game back?
    Limited minutes (at least early), but got on the board!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I could have gotten on the board in that disaster.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

That contract is going to be hard to unload. I really think the Stars are stuck at this point, for better or worse, with Kari. Nill keeps saying they have faith in him. But how much is faith and how much is cold hard realization that they're tied to each other because of that deal that Nieuwendyk handed him? We'll see as we get closer to draft day and free agency. As far as Kari goes, only Kari can fix Kari at this point. His struggles I think stem from that Game 6 against Anaheim.

I'd like to see them deal for a young backup who has starter potential, Martin Jones for one, that can challenge Kari. At least someone who can take on a 1A/1B role with Lehtonen if not a kid like Jones to push out Lehtonen. Campbell may yet be that guy, but I'm not at all sold.

What they decide to do with the assistants, in this case Mike Valley will factor in too. He's the one constant in this carousel behind Kari. It's hard to fathom that both Nieuwy and Nill are this crap at finding backups. Maybe Valley is sent packing or maybe they give him a chance to figure out what's wrong with his system? I'm betting on a major house cleaning among the assistants and Valley's head will be among them.

What would you think of Eddie Lack? Some of the forum members following the situation in VAN seem to think that it's a lock that he'll be moved before they lose him to free agency for nothing

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    He played fairly well considering it's been over 5 months since his last NHL game. He was looking better by the end of the game as he got adjusted to being back in that environment.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    What would you think of Eddie Lack? Some of the forum members following the situation in VAN seem to think that it's a lock that he'll be moved before they lose him to free agency for nothing
    Lack could be an option, I like the idea of bringing somebody like him in to push Kari. What the Canucks would want from the Stars is another matter. Maybe Goli or Daley/prospect.

Dobber Sports Monster

Mike Heika's piece on what he calls "The Lehtonen Conundrum".
    "So do you blame Lehtonen, who has a sparkling 34-17-10 record, but ranks 26th among No. 1 goalies in goals against average at 2.94 and 27th in save percentage at .903? Or do you blame a team that is 0-14-0 when the back-up goalie starts?"

Wow. Yeah, I feel this is a team problem.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's complicated. There are far, far too many times when the defense hangs the goalies out to dry. They'll make a bonehead mistake in coverage or a turnover deep in their zone and Kari or Enroth can't possibly make a save. Then there's nights where the defense is playing good, great even, and the goalies are allowing marshmallow softies in or goals from crazy impossible angles. It's a which came first the chicken or the egg situation. Personally I think it's time for fried chicken with a side of scrambled eggs.

With Dallas' offense all that's needed is competent goaltending and team defense and the Stars will make noise. Of course fixing those two issues is much easier said then done. This much I do know, I don't envy Jim Nill his job as he tries to sort things out.

Banned

It's jason spezza hockey. Can't believe they signed him.

Banned

Ev, you should stick to Senator propoganda...