Page 70 of 102 FirstFirst ... 20 60 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1526

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Dallas Stars

Benn-Spezza-Sceviour-Daley-Klingberg are PP1 to start.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Any Stars fans on twitter or Enroth owners in fantasy leagues, get over to Justin Goldman's Goalie Guild feed. He's commenting on Enroth.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Since the Avs have scored I think it pertinent to remind everybody not to read too much into Enroth's performance tonight should it go bad. It's human nature, especially given what Stars fans have witnessed from backups lately, to make a knee jerk reaction. Things could not have broken worse for him leading into his first start in victory green. Personally I think he has looked good thus far given the chaos at forward.

Heck the Stars have looked fairly good in that regards given how this lineup had to be cobbled together overnight with no practice time.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Watching the replay of that goal, and clearly Jordie gets credit for the primary assist if not the goal itself. Once again Jordie is a little fuzzy about which team he plays for.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Raise your hand if you were surprised that Daley blew his assignment there....yeah thought so.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think it's safe to say that the Stars playoff hopes are ****ed.

Dobber Sports Wizard

That is bullshit. Spezza didn't bat the puck into the net, he didn't even try to put it in the net. He batted it back out front, and Stuart knocked it in. Total and utter horseshit call. Bah!!!!

Dobber Sports Wizard

That's the first goal you can truly lay at Enroth's feet. He lost the puck there. The other two really weren't his fault, and the first on that deflected off Jordie nobody would have gotten except with pure luck. I fear the dogs will be after him though.

Dobber Sports Padawan

They should trade Goligoski to a contender. D-man are in demand right now and they could have a good return for him IMO.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

You don't see that very often, empty net with 10 minutes left. Spezza wired that one top shelf.

Dobber Sports Wizard

As I cautioned before don't read too much into the four goals against Enroth. I thought he played well, the defense just let him down. Nothing new there for Stars goalies. Those first two were in no way Enroth's fault, but he'll get roasted by the knee jerk crowd no doubt.

And when you step back and look at things in total, it wasn't all that surprising. Dallas is still a team that struggles with the second games of back-to-backs. The lose half of their top six forwards roughly 24 hours earlier and then have to cobble together a forward corps on the fly. Literally on the fly. Ritchie and Morin had to red-eye from Iowa to Denver, and the Stars have to fly in from Dallas too. Then for a little spice, toss in absolutely no practice time to work out best line combos, or to get everybody used to who they would be skating with. A lot stacked on the Stars plates so the result isn't surprising really.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have the option of starting Lehtonen next week, or instead starting Iggy/Staal for 4 games against relatively weak teams.

Stars have 4 games next week: @STL, SJ, DET, @MIN (B2B)

I assume Lehtonen will start 2 or 3 of those games. Pretty tough schedule IMO. Given Enroth's arrival, and Seguin's injury, would you bench him next week and get the guaranteed 4 starts from Iggy/Staal?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Nevermind I can't read. Give me a minute here, just saw your sig.
    Last edited by NoWayOut; February 15, 2015 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Blind as a bat

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd look at Iggy then Lehtonen. Iggy is hot right now so I'd go that route first. Kari has been good recently and if not for the carnage Friday night and that schedule I would have said go with him. It's a going to be a crap shoot until Dallas gets everything settled out and finds the right line combos after all the shakeup.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    They should trade Goligoski to a contender. D-man are in demand right now and they could have a good return for him IMO.
    Back in December he was mentioned as a possibility, same for Daley. I'd say he's still in play but not sure what the interest is from other teams. Haven't seen or heard much in the rumor mill about either one. Daley might even be the more attractive option for contending teams given his more cap friendly contract and decent enough production. Of the two I'd rather keep Goli and deal Daley, but it's whoever the market will give the best return for.

And it's possible that Nill may wait until this summer to work on the defense. Mike Heika has speculated that might be Nill's approach. The Seguin injury may open the door to Nill looking at a forward if Dallas is still in with a shot at the playoffs by this time next week. Right now they are 5 points out so there's still a shot but they can't afford to lose much more ground with the games dwindling. I think if it gets to 7 or 8 points out they have to realistically concede. At 5 hope is still alive, barely, with Seguin out.

A little help is on the way as Roussel is back, and Hemsky should be as well from what I'm reading. No they don't make up for the lost production, but they at least bring stability to the lines which helps. And they are better bets to make meaningful contributions at a critical time rather than leaning on less experienced forwards.